The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want to teach myself something over a few years, and use those skills to make money by being self-employed and providing a service.

Anything related to matters of the mind

anon9601

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 31, 2020
But my problem is that I have no idea what to learn. I have no interests, not even talking about passions but interests in general. I just want to make money but because of my lack of interests I have no direction.

I'm already 29, not going back to college for sure. I have degrees that I hate in useless social sciences, and I live in a country where those are even more useless than elsewhere.

So I need to teach myself something that I can then use to provide a service. What could that be, could anybody give me some directions please? Much appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
What are you addicted to?

anon9601

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 31, 2020
What are you addicted to?
How do you know I'm addicted? Well, I suppose I am addicted to watching TV and just playing games, but I'll never make money out of it. Making games is out of the question, it's a brutal industry and an indie dev has a very hard time. Just not worth it.

But these addictions aren't really interests of mine, I'd drop them in a second if I instead had an activity that could actually make me money.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Who can you help? What can you help them with?

Tip: Answer those questions rather than “What can I learn?”.

Also... why wait years? I reckon you can help people today and this coming week. Then the next step would be getting paid to do so.

Maybe check out the first 5 links in my signature.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need to teach myself something
Be careful using phrases “I need”, “I must”, and “I should”. Be careful when people use them on you too.

Whenever you hear them uttered, it’s worth asking yourself if you *really* need to.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
How do you know I'm addicted? Well, I suppose I am addicted to watching TV and just playing games, but I'll never make money out of it. Making games is out of the question, it's a brutal industry and an indie dev has a very hard time. Just not worth it.

But these addictions aren't really interests of mine, I'd drop them in a second if I instead had an activity that could actually make me money.
Your addictions are limiting your ability to notice or care about the world around you. Breaking those addictions will remove the numbing apathy you’re currently experiencing. You DO care about stuff but caring always comes with a risk, with a possibility of pain. Figuring out how to make money isn’t the issue. Figuring out where your ego needs to be checked (less pride) and where your heart needs to be encouraged (more bravery) is where I’d be looking.

anon9601

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 31, 2020
Be careful using phrases “I need”, “I must”, and “I should”. Be careful when people use them on you too.

Whenever you hear them uttered, it’s worth asking yourself if you *really* need to.

Thanks for the tips, will check out those links.

Your addictions are limiting your ability to notice or care about the world around you. Breaking those addictions will remove the numbing apathy you’re currently experiencing. You DO care about stuff but caring always comes with a risk, with a possibility of pain. Figuring out how to make money isn’t the issue. Figuring out where your ego needs to be checked (less pride) and where your heart needs to be encouraged (more bravery) is where I’d be looking.
That's a good point, if I could unplug it and just be bored for a while I'd eventually develop an interest.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
But my problem is that I have no idea what to learn. I have no interests, not even talking about passions but interests in general. I just want to make money but because of my lack of interests I have no direction.

I'm already 29, not going back to college for sure. I have degrees that I hate in useless social sciences, and I live in a country where those are even more useless than elsewhere.

So I need to teach myself something that I can then use to provide a service. What could that be, could anybody give me some directions please? Much appreciated!

How willing are you to have your a$$ kicked? I'm asking since it seems that whatever is suggested you will find an excuse for.

also; country is the least info you could provide.

knazzaro710

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 20, 2020
Have you read The Millionaire Fastlane yet? Although this will not provide you direct answers to your questions, it will help train your mindset. As others have hinted at, a powerful transformation can happen when you replace "how can I make money?" to "how can I help people?". TMF will help you think of things from that perspective as well as give you foundational advice towards your goals.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I just want to make money but because of my lack of interests I have no direction.

That is your reason but no one else is going to care about that.
Not enough to hand over their dollars.

In the same way you want something so does everyone else - and not just one thing, but many.

Go find out what those things are and then look for a chance to deliver it better/quicker/faster/cheaper/more luxurious that someone else.

Start with the market .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.