MukeshT
New Contributor
Hi
I am Mukesh Tanna a CPA living in Milton Ontario, Canada. Milton is a part of the greater Toronto area.
I was born in Mumbai India and after qualifying as a Chartered Accountant moved to Kenya, East Africa. The reason I moved back there was that both my parents were born in East Africa and moved to India for their careers and later stayed on because of me and my siblings' education. Our family is a family or traditional entrepreneurs and both my grandparents and several generations were businessmen. Before being businessmen my forefathers were warriors who had to flee the Muslim invasion in North India and they then setteled in the west coast of India in Gujarat and became prominent in business.
My Grandfathers both had their own businesses. My father's father had a retail outlet in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and my mother's father ran a manufacturing unit in Mombasa. My Father had an export-import business in Mumbai, India and my Brother to this day owns a manufacturing plant in Mumbai and runs it with his adult son.
As a professional, I too had dreams of running my own business and it materialized in 1991 when I set up a computer training and consulting firm in Nairobi, Kenya. However, with my children growing up, we decided to immigrate to Canada in 2001 for their higher education.
I am now in practice as a CPA but find that converting your time into money very limiting. So effectively want to change my wealth equation and deciding how best I can do that.
I am Mukesh Tanna a CPA living in Milton Ontario, Canada. Milton is a part of the greater Toronto area.
I was born in Mumbai India and after qualifying as a Chartered Accountant moved to Kenya, East Africa. The reason I moved back there was that both my parents were born in East Africa and moved to India for their careers and later stayed on because of me and my siblings' education. Our family is a family or traditional entrepreneurs and both my grandparents and several generations were businessmen. Before being businessmen my forefathers were warriors who had to flee the Muslim invasion in North India and they then setteled in the west coast of India in Gujarat and became prominent in business.
My Grandfathers both had their own businesses. My father's father had a retail outlet in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and my mother's father ran a manufacturing unit in Mombasa. My Father had an export-import business in Mumbai, India and my Brother to this day owns a manufacturing plant in Mumbai and runs it with his adult son.
As a professional, I too had dreams of running my own business and it materialized in 1991 when I set up a computer training and consulting firm in Nairobi, Kenya. However, with my children growing up, we decided to immigrate to Canada in 2001 for their higher education.
I am now in practice as a CPA but find that converting your time into money very limiting. So effectively want to change my wealth equation and deciding how best I can do that.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
