The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mistake in Fastlane wealth equation?

For any book discussion

TedFastlane473

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jun 22, 2022
Hey everyone,

I am re-reading a tenth edition hardcopy of "The Millionaire Fastlane ," and I am trying to verify the numbers MJ gave in his Fastlane wealth equation near the beginning of chapter 18. I got all of it but for part three where it says "Raise Unit Profit," I am not getting the numbers to work out. For example, in the book, MJ uses the equation Net Profit = Units sold X Unit Profit. In part three where MJ mentioned increasing his unit profit from $4 to $4.50, he mentioned how this raises his income from $8000 a day to $10,800 a day. Using the number of users at 20,000 a day with a 12% conversation ratio, that implies that (20,000) X (0.12) = 2,400. So if 2,400 represents units sold then with a unit profit of $4.50, Net profit = (2,400) X ($4.50) = $10,800. That number of $10,800 matches the one for $4.50 for unit profit in chapter 18 of "The Millionaire Fastlane ." However, with $4.00 in unit profit, Net profit = (2,400) X ($4) = $9600. MJ mentioned in this example in the book that his income was $8,000 as opposed to $9,600. Maybe perhaps MJ got his numbers from the asset value equation with the industry multiple but I don't recall MJ using the industry multiple variable in the example where he raised unit profit. I tried to search for other topics related to this but haven't found anything. I feel like I should know this but I don't. Did MJ DeMarco make a mistake here or is there an important concept I am missing that I am not aware of?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.