The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want to build a website but don’t know where to start!

The business of web design

Brett Thomson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 24, 2023
I am a young, ambitious South African and I have a online business idea but don’t know any coding or design skills but it’s not a regular website. It involves stock graphs, financial data and market tools (Related to the South African stock market) . Most websites and videos I’ve viewed do not help me learn the skills to do so.

After reading the millionaire fastlane , I also do not trust many of the gurus out there that will ‘teach’ me or ‘use this course’ to learn. You see, the biggest problem to my whole business idea is getting started and being put on track. What is really frustrating for myself is that I know what I want to do, how the website will look, what the website will be made up of and how I will make an income but just don’t know how to build it.

So if there is anyone that can help or knows who could help me, I would appreciate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I am a young, ambitious South African and I have a online business idea but don’t know any coding or design skills but it’s not a regular website. It involves stock graphs, financial data and market tools (Related to the South African stock market) . Most websites and videos I’ve viewed do not help me learn the skills to do so.

After reading the millionaire fastlane , I also do not trust many of the gurus out there that will ‘teach’ me or ‘use this course’ to learn. You see, the biggest problem to my whole business idea is getting started and being put on track. What is really frustrating for myself is that I know what I want to do, how the website will look, what the website will be made up of and how I will make an income but just don’t know how to build it.

So if there is anyone that can help or knows who could help me, I would appreciate it.
Fivver

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
get a domain and a webspace, where you can set up your homepage.
Visit one of the 1000s youtube videos on how to make a wordpress homepage.
Install wordpress on that webspace with your domain and follow the video.

On the way, you will learn to make your homepage.
But you will need some days of work, until you know a bit, what you are doing.

Just do it!

TianMeh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 3, 2022

To learn coding go to Zero to Mastery. Ive started there a little less than a year ago, then got a job as a developer in february and now have almost a production ready phone app.

I would recommend getting a job as a dev, you will learn the most there. But to get a job start with zero to mastery then do some personal projects to show to the company hiring you.

Or do your idea like me, started the app before i had any idea what a Backend even is and learned on the way (alongside learning from the job)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I'm curious. If you had to help someone this week then could you do it without a website?

Brett Thomson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 24, 2023
I'm curious. If you had to help someone this week then could you do it without a website?
Hi, I may be confused but do you mean help someone with their stock portfolio in person ? My goal is to build a website that is detailed and update with the stocks and economic environment on the jse market.

ArielAaron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 27, 2023

When you are just starting out, Wix is a fast and affordable alternative to hiring a web developer. It probably isn't the best solution long term due to platform limitations, but if you just need to legitimize your business, you can do it pretty quickly and easily with Wix. Go to Hover.com and purchase your domain name, then go to wix.com and set up your website. Most of the process is automated and it can even include your general content direction. I would also advise that you consider getting a hosted email address. That's easy to come by using g-suite. Hosted email is going to help you legitimize the brand, and you won't run into as many spam filter and deliverability issues that people run into when using a gmail email address or similar.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.