• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT I want to be a world-class X without the world-class effort! Tell me how!

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by MJ DeMarco, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,279
    Thank you for this post- @MJ DeMarco

I still struggle with the fact at times that there are many others out there who are fulfilling their dreams and not having to work a JOB. When it gets hammered over and over again, that working a JOB will likely inhibit freedom down the road, it does have an effect on me.

What keeps me moving forward is the recognition that anyone who has achieved a high level of success, did not earn it overnight. They have also experienced hardship and struggles to get them to the point of where they are now.

I've been working a job for the last seven years and it actually has a lot of benefits for the time being. It allows me to have a steady income to support my family, while I slowly make the transition into being a full-time business owner.

For that, I am thankful...

Because at this exact moment, I do not have the necessary skills needed to be successful at running a full-time business. If I just got up and left my job today, there is a high chance that I would become another statistic and a failed business...

However, with small steps taken for the rest of the year and possibly 2019, I will be in a much better position to flourish in business and achieve the ultimate freedom to be home more with my family while earning a livable income.

NadiaZ, Apostolos, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  2. LOYD

LOYD Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $902
    Ironically, a lot of the "anti-job" sentiment tends to come from folks with a Sidewalk mentality. I can't tell you how many folks get involved with some sort of MLM or other form of "business in a box" program where they spend all day talking about how they've decided to "be their own boss" or say things like "Maaaaannnn! I don't know how y'all keep doing that 9-5 sh!t."

There's a difference between not liking the idea of a job and not liking hard work. Hard work is a habit that's transferable to any aspect of life. That's why I side-eye anyone who talks down on the idea of working a job while bragging about some Sidewalk venture they're involved with.

My current job has allowed me to not only save up money for whatever venture comes to mind, but it's opened me up to a bunch of new possible needs I can address. The education field has a bunch of them that I probably would have never seen if I still thought I was too good for that "9-5 sh!t".

Apostolos, ZF Lee and MJ DeMarco like this.
  3. HackVenture

HackVenture Digital Marketer, Crypto Guy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,283
    Amen to this.

I have been appalled multiple times on this forum by the condescending attitudes I see young people have toward jobs and I think there is a fundamental mis-conception people have that needs to be changed.

TheCj and ZF Lee like this.