The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I thought I had better drop back in with some explanations...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jun 15, 2020
UK
So its been about 2 months since I discovered MJ and after going 'all in' on the forum when I had joined not so long ago, only just having read TMF , I realised I was out of my depth and had better go read Unscripted .

Via audible, I have about an hour left. It's taken me 6 weeks to digest through and I am pretty certain I am going to have to listen again. To my point, everyone was right. You HAVE to read it to understand being here (and not just to understand the jargon/short words).

So here is where I'm at.

I was prompted by Mj via his Instagram story to read a post by someone (sorry I can't seem to find it via my MacBook) regarding the science behind mindsets and lots of other relative info.

I read the first paragraph and thought - 'oh, amazing' another one thats discovered their ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - as the first part about growing up and appearing to be failing at life but being super clever was the reason I stumbled across my own diagnosis of ADHD. However, it wasn't and it was more a 'personality themed explanation'. A very good one but too detailed for my brain to read the lot (unless I was the person writing it).

Read about ADHD -here

It came to me, the reminders that some of the most successful people in the entrepreneurial space are believed to have had ADHD. After some thought, and at previous moments in the past 5 years, (when I discovered my ADHD), that is it possible that all those that seek something more in life and have those twinges to go against the 'grain' have ADHD themselves?

I have brushed the thought off as - course not, its a neurological disorder. I have my beliefs about childhood trauma, no matter the severance, that it can potentially cause ADHD traits as an adult, but that another story.

The more I listen to US, the more I think - this is how I've been thinking for so long. Questioning why the hell people seek the scripted lifestyle.

I'm no angel. My actions only came after the birth of my first child in 2012 and even from there, the lessons learnt are still being learnt today.

I feel somewhat bothered by the fact that I had to experience a s**t ton of trauma from domestic violence, to grooming, to homelessness, redundancy after redundancy and job hopping, that those choices I made back then were the wrong ones. I try not to live by mistakes and learn from them but I can't help feeling robbed by a 'system' that back then, I felt I never had a choice to avoid.

I once thought I was failing at life by not going to University or doing 'all the things' expected. Last one from friend group to have kids, only person without a mortgage or new car. In hindsight my child has helped my go towards 'unscripted ' life. I left that life behind, ended all the relationships (friends) I thought for years were true, moved area and started again. Albeit not too far away but still, I started from scratch.

I now live frugally in many ways. I don't have a mortgage or any debt. No finance car BUT as Mj states in US, children are going to take their toll on the launch to my unscripted life. As a child that grew with nothing, it was something I never wanted for them, so, yes, they get things, but I am the parent at school that everyone 'hates'. I give my time to the school for free, I help where I can, I know the circles of parents, I share my honest and occasionally brutal opinions about the fact I don't mind how my children score academically as they will not be part of the system.

I stand out. I always have. I have very few friends, but they are real ones.

So - after many thoughts throughout the listening of US, I have this feeling like - I don't want to be rich. I do want a home that I can make my own without having to leave it and see money go down the pan AGAIN (the perks of renting..) but I feel like I want to be Unscripted yet steady? Am I making any sense?!

Last night I went for a walk in the rain and took in the feeling of raindrops on my face and really cherished my freedom. A freedom that crappy covid is trying to remove from us all, but I continue to deny it.

After multiple business that I've tried to launch in every sector going, I now see this picture of income without time. I keep hearing in my head - MJs reasoning - don't exchange time for money - its not a business , however, I am still working it out, how I can scale , start or grow my 2 so called 'businesses (more like jobs) that I have now because stopping them would require me to work - like I say - I have the kids.

I guess the point to this very long almost blog post type topic is -

Do we all have a bit of ADHD within us?
Are we all the ones that stand out from the crowd?
Can we be unscripted but not rich?

If you got this far - well done :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
So its been about 2 months since I discovered MJ and after going 'all in' on the forum when I had joined not so long ago, only just having read TMF , I realised I was out of my depth and had better go read Unscripted .

Via audible, I have about an hour left. It's taken me 6 weeks to digest through and I am pretty certain I am going to have to listen again. To my point, everyone was right. You HAVE to read it to understand being here (and not just to understand the jargon/short words).

So here is where I'm at.

I was prompted by Mj via his Instagram story to read a post by someone (sorry I can't seem to find it via my MacBook) regarding the science behind mindsets and lots of other relative info.

I read the first paragraph and thought - 'oh, amazing' another one thats discovered their ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - as the first part about growing up and appearing to be failing at life but being super clever was the reason I stumbled across my own diagnosis of ADHD. However, it wasn't and it was more a 'personality themed explanation'. A very good one but too detailed for my brain to read the lot (unless I was the person writing it).

Read about ADHD -here

It came to me, the reminders that some of the most successful people in the entrepreneurial space are believed to have had ADHD. After some thought, and at previous moments in the past 5 years, (when I discovered my ADHD), that is it possible that all those that seek something more in life and have those twinges to go against the 'grain' have ADHD themselves?

I have brushed the thought off as - course not, its a neurological disorder. I have my beliefs about childhood trauma, no matter the severance, that it can potentially cause ADHD traits as an adult, but that another story.

The more I listen to US, the more I think - this is how I've been thinking for so long. Questioning why the hell people seek the scripted lifestyle.

I'm no angel. My actions only came after the birth of my first child in 2012 and even from there, the lessons learnt are still being learnt today.

I feel somewhat bothered by the fact that I had to experience a s**t ton of trauma from domestic violence, to grooming, to homelessness, redundancy after redundancy and job hopping, that those choices I made back then were the wrong ones. I try not to live by mistakes and learn from them but I can't help feeling robbed by a 'system' that back then, I felt I never had a choice to avoid.

I once thought I was failing at life by not going to University or doing 'all the things' expected. Last one from friend group to have kids, only person without a mortgage or new car. In hindsight my child has helped my go towards 'unscripted ' life. I left that life behind, ended all the relationships (friends) I thought for years were true, moved area and started again. Albeit not too far away but still, I started from scratch.

I now live frugally in many ways. I don't have a mortgage or any debt. No finance car BUT as Mj states in US, children are going to take their toll on the launch to my unscripted life. As a child that grew with nothing, it was something I never wanted for them, so, yes, they get things, but I am the parent at school that everyone 'hates'. I give my time to the school for free, I help where I can, I know the circles of parents, I share my honest and occasionally brutal opinions about the fact I don't mind how my children score academically as they will not be part of the system.

I stand out. I always have. I have very few friends, but they are real ones.

So - after many thoughts throughout the listening of US, I have this feeling like - I don't want to be rich. I do want a home that I can make my own without having to leave it and see money go down the pan AGAIN (the perks of renting..) but I feel like I want to be Unscripted yet steady? Am I making any sense?!

Last night I went for a walk in the rain and took in the feeling of raindrops on my face and really cherished my freedom. A freedom that crappy covid is trying to remove from us all, but I continue to deny it.

After multiple business that I've tried to launch in every sector going, I now see this picture of income without time. I keep hearing in my head - MJs reasoning - don't exchange time for money - its not a business , however, I am still working it out, how I can scale , start or grow my 2 so called 'businesses (more like jobs) that I have now because stopping them would require me to work - like I say - I have the kids.

I guess the point to this very long almost blog post type topic is -

Do we all have a bit of ADHD within us?
Are we all the ones that stand out from the crowd?
Can we be unscripted but not rich?

If you got this far - well done :)
Hi @Jemmalee I read your story and we all have different views of what Unscripted life we should live. It is entirely up to you to interpret it as you wish as long as you achieve your freedom. Regarding the ADHD, I do have different view on all of those funny abbreviations, at the end of the day you want more from life than most of the people, that's why you can not be still and constantly looking for something else, the one thing which will make you happier, you constantly searching for it. I don't think this is a disorder, ADHD came to life in 1968 and let me remind you that prior that people were treated with Benzendrine which is highly addictive and does help to produce dopamine and norepinephrine to make you feel happy to feel pleasure.
Don't identify yourself with any abbreviations, don't put yourself in any category as this will hold you back. A lot of the successful people are dyslexics, introverts, etc., but if you haven't got one of those it doesn't mean you won't succeed. Your mindset will set you apart and the directions of your actions.

Good luck on your journey!

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jun 15, 2020
UK
Hi @Jemmalee I read your story and we all have different views of what Unscripted life we should live. It is entirely up to you to interpret it as you wish as long as you achieve your freedom. Regarding the ADHD, I do have different view on all of those funny abbreviations, at the end of the day you want more from life than most of the people, that's why you can not be still and constantly looking for something else, the one thing which will make you happier, you constantly searching for it. I don't think this is a disorder, ADHD came to life in 1968 and let me remind you that prior that people were treated with Benzendrine which is highly addictive and does help to produce dopamine and norepinephrine to make you feel happy to feel pleasure.
Don't identify yourself with any abbreviations, don't put yourself in any category as this will hold you back. A lot of the successful people are dyslexics, introverts, etc., but if you haven't got one of those it doesn't mean you won't succeed. Your mindset will set you apart and the directions of your actions.

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for your response .
Generally in day to day, I don't identify with my ADHD. I am not officially diagnosed and I believe in a healthy life without treatment and intervention - just pure old nature, good food and exercise.

But I understand your explanation.
I definitely have a long and arduous road ahead, but somewhere I see a light there that I just 'know' will be offered to me if I continue to work hard.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.