The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What I thought was my FTE... and my ACTUAL FTE

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Hello all,
I have been on the sidelines soaking in the goodness from this forum, and of course the books from MJ DeMarco. Part of me feels bad not taking action sooner, but another bigger part of me is ok with it. Explanation below:
In my 20s I was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer... had major surgery (Google peritonectomy + HIPEC) known as the MOAS (Mother Of All Surgeries). I didn't run in to MJ DeMarco until after this surgery, thanks to James Jani. When I read The Millionaire Fastlane & Unscripted last year, I thought my FTE was crystal clear. However I ran into serious troubles healthwise again not long after this with 24/7 pain and vomiting from bowel obstructions. To fix this, I needed another peritonectomy surgery to remove scar tissue blocking what remains of my bowel. I was 7 weeks in hospital, but am still recovering from it. The problem is this though: Just today have I had my real FTE. No matter how bad things were before, today I started having more pains that are directly related to the issues I had before. This means I know I don't have a lot of time before my next surgery. I am only just 30.
I have been relying on the fact that I am a partner in the family business, and get through OK to not have to worry too much about finances. But the fact remains that I am relying on my family to make sure my own family (Amazing wife + 2 kids) is looked after. I get a feeling so strong, and so deep inside of me that just screams "No more!". I have to get beyond "just surviving" quickly, and not depend on others to succeed.
I have been playing around with 3 different ideas, but today I decided to see what the market thinks of one of them. Currently I am waiting on some outsourced material before I publish my website that is ready and waiting. I don't have everything in place to be able to offer what I am selling on the website, but I have a "buy now" button and will see how many people sign up and click that button before I jump with this one particular idea. I will have the website live by the end of this week, and will market on Google and LinkedIn (Its B2B).
I will keep this thread updated. This is more for me... and even though it sounds like it, its not a sob story. I have been so aware of action faking in the past that I cannot tolerate it any longer.
Any encouragement and input is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Jesus, glad you're still here to tell us about this man!

Quick question, do you have to watch your blood glucose or carb intake since the diagnosis?
Was your cancer for sure benign or malignant? Did they run a PET scan after the surgeries?
I'd heavily suggest starting on intermittent fasting and making sure you're not raising/peaking your blood glucose and blood insulin too often. Cutting out high omega 6 seed oils and switching to monounsaturated or saturated fats will also do some good in lowering total systemic inflammation as well.
Again, best of luck man.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Aside from Fastlane / business stuff, I hope you get well. That is always the most important.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If you have questions related to marketing on LinkedIn, post them here and tag me. Good luck man.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Jesus, glad you're still here to tell us about this man!

Quick question, do you have to watch your blood glucose or carb intake since the diagnosis?
Was your cancer for sure benign or malignant? Did they run a PET scan after the surgeries?
I'd heavily suggest starting on intermittent fasting and making sure you're not raising/peaking your blood glucose and blood insulin too often. Cutting out high omega 6 seed oils and switching to monounsaturated or saturated fats will also do some good in lowering total systemic inflammation as well.
Again, best of luck man.
Hey thanks for the reply!
I had a PET scan before the 1st surgery, and yes it was malignant. This most recent surgery was to fix adhesions caused by the first surgery... and what I am now worried about is that the adhesions are back, because I am having very similar pains.
And yes I have drastically changed the way I eat, and how often. As far as intermittent fasting goes I dont eat until midday, and occasionally I have done 24 hr fasts. I have to stick to a low fibre diet, so its hard to find vegetables (Other than mushrooms!) that I can eat and don't cause pain.
Since the diagnosis I have been taking health & exercise so much more seriously... cold showers, fasting, exercise etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.