The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just When I Thought I Had it all Figured Out....

A post of a ranting nature...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The hall was filled with young working adults. The kind that struggles with job stress and challenges.

Speakers came up, and red flags starting waving in my head when I heard the words'Amway', 'Diamond' and 'passive income' peppered throughout the speeches. I thought of getting the hell out of there, but decided to have some respect for them.

So I stayed on until the end, which wasn't very long.

Mr. G took me aside and offered to help me learn more about this 'opportunity'. I decided to humour him, so he started talking about how the Amway business model worked

I used to think network marketing was wiped off the face of the earth, but now it seems it has put ONLINE BIZ into the equation with some scheme called Network 21. All other mechanisms like inviting (harassing?) friends to buy your stuff still apply. Then another guy, Mr.W and an accountant (lol), Ms. E popped in to chime in.

3 folks against 1? Huh?

Finally, I had to put my foot down.

I asked them 2 questions:
- How many products have you all sold PERIOD.
- Do you have control over your products? If a customer hates a product, can you do anything about it? Make it better?

Instead of giving me clear answers, the geezers got Ms. E to REPEAT the entire explanation of the model, with numbers that might as well as well be imaginary.

Ugh, so sorry you had to go through this! Strong work on the escape!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Ugh, so sorry you had to go through this! Strong work on the escape!
Thanks @MJ DeMarco. Grateful for the support.

I definitely will. Thankfully, I was not robbed or murdered or anything like that in that dubious meetup lol. That's one thing to be happy about.

I didn't get to launch the test site as planned, after finding a shit ton of material on Stratygyzer on perfecting marketing testing. A few pages into reading, turns out the way I am querying the market is too general.

A big bummer, but at least I saved myself some dough and time on some stuff that could go wrong.

I'm kind of worried on TIMING of the tests. Like, how long should each test last? A week? Two days?

The Reddit posts seem to just take 2 days for much of the input to flow in, then the later comments trickle in by the dripful. For e-commerce landing pages, I'll have to see.

Disturbingly, I only put the queries in r/Malaysia, not in Reddit as an international or niched audience. I'm wondering if the locals are less expressive on market feedback, compared to the more vocal Westerners.

For my product, I don't think I can sell on Lazada, the equivalent of Amazon here. Shitty customer service, bad reviews arrangement, bad sellers management. Also a F*cking hoard of thieves. I spotted ripoffs of Mary Kay stuff on there. Although Mary Kay is a network marketing company, its products are good, and it makes me a bit angry to see great products being sold without dues paid to the biz.

I do remember some businesses that didn't rely on Amazon to sell stuff, such as Dollar Shave Club. Amazon would have killed off their efforts anyway lol.

I'll see what else I need to do tomorrow to patch up the ship.

I've arranged hopefully some better meetups. A money planning group and an e-commerce one. They had at least 5 people joining up, and they seem to be regulars too, judging from past records on the meetup.com app. I should have taken that as a more solid assurance of quality.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
just run facebook & instagram ads, see how much interest there is in the product & then if its positive you can sell it

but if the reddit input is negative most likely you are dealing with another me-too product

ive been to an MLM myself, a coworker mentioned some event of a free fiance class so i thought ok cool maybe this would be helpful, oh never mind its a group to sell life insurance and sign up for a fee LOL #cya

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.