The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I NEED TO GET MY DAMN LIFE IN ORDER

Yanz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 25, 2016
Hey guys, my name is Yanz. I am 20 and I am currently attending St Johns University as a computer science major as a junior. I have followed this forum since 2016, when I first ventured out to website design to make money, as a path I chose from the gold threads. In total over the next two years while going to school and working, I got 2 clients (one for 1200$ and the other for 600$). It was motivating at the start but the sales process was a grind for me and the two clients I even got were from personal relationship networking. So I slowly started getting away from it and had lost my motivation.

Anyways, I am back here motivated again, because well, I AM BROKE :bored::bored: lol. This time around I am here to stay; I got a lot of questions for people that are on the path to achieving financial freedom and for those that have already achieved it. Hope the road is clear for me. Wish me luck.

Yanz:innocent: :halo:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Good luck Yanz, and welcome to the forum.

I tried doing websites as well, and didn't really enjoy it. Not only is the sales portion a grind, but I have no real talent for the design portion. Coding is fine, but I could never quite "get it" when it comes to making a beautiful page.

Since you're a comp sci major, I'd recommend looking into something hot like AR/VR, machine learning, or blockchain.

You can get your freelance hustle on while you are still in school and learn something that can either translate into a business or a successful multi 6 figure job.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I tried doing websites as well, and didn't really enjoy it. Not only is the sales portion a grind, but I have no real talent for the design portion. Coding is fine, but I could never quite "get it" when it comes to making a beautiful page.

I don't do my own websites.

I use a duo team... one's the designer, and one's the shopify coder. I wouldn't trust either of those guys to do the other's tasks. But together, they are a formidable force.

Just something to think about.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

I use a duo team... one's the designer, and one's the shopify coder. I wouldn't trust either of those guys to do the other's tasks. But together, they are a formidable force.

You're absolutely right. If I were to continue on that path, I would have to find someone to shore up my weaknesses.

I've moved on to other projects that are more interesting (to me) and have a higher ceiling in the long run. Thinking big and all that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ditto. I use a developer and a designer. We create landing pages we rent out to Google Ads clients. It’s all about the MRR...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...