- Joined
- Jan 27, 2015
- Messages
- 167
Rep Bank
$730
$730
User Power: 177%
Let's call him "Albert".
He's in his 30s, a bit eccentric. Met him last semester in an introductory computer science class. Thought he was a bit crazy as he seemed to have an obsessive level of focus on the material. At times he would call out the professor on things which seemed trivial. However, it was clear that Albert was a few steps ahead of the class.
I disregarded him as just another nerdy immigrant who's getting into computer science.
As it turns out, Albert owns his own home, drives an SUV, is married and works for himself. He owns a software company and has been coding and building stuff since the 90s. Albert's not yet a millionaire but I have little doubt he will be.
What I learned from this? It reminds me of something I read, "How you do anything, is how you do everything."
Albert's approach to class was how he approached his own life; he took complete control.
I can't imagine Albert sitting down and reading TMF or any similar books. He's too busy already working on a fastlane of his own.
It's one thing to read about this stuff, it's quite another to see it in IRL.
He's in his 30s, a bit eccentric. Met him last semester in an introductory computer science class. Thought he was a bit crazy as he seemed to have an obsessive level of focus on the material. At times he would call out the professor on things which seemed trivial. However, it was clear that Albert was a few steps ahead of the class.
I disregarded him as just another nerdy immigrant who's getting into computer science.
As it turns out, Albert owns his own home, drives an SUV, is married and works for himself. He owns a software company and has been coding and building stuff since the 90s. Albert's not yet a millionaire but I have little doubt he will be.
What I learned from this? It reminds me of something I read, "How you do anything, is how you do everything."
Albert's approach to class was how he approached his own life; he took complete control.
I can't imagine Albert sitting down and reading TMF or any similar books. He's too busy already working on a fastlane of his own.
It's one thing to read about this stuff, it's quite another to see it in IRL.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
