The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO I left my job; now I need to build a business

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

CashflowXplorer

New Contributor
Mar 14, 2021
Canada
Hi everyone. I am back. I left my 22 year old job three weeks ago. I couldn't support agressive clients anymore and didn't want to get into a second major depression in three years.

Now I don't have any more revenue coming in so I really need to start a little business. I am looking for business I could start in less than two months and without investing lots of money.

Andy Black

Co-host of LetsChatSales.com
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi everyone. I am back. I left my 22 year old job three weeks ago. I couldn't support agressive clients anymore and didn't want to get into a second major depression in three years.

Now I don't have any more revenue coming in so I really need to start a little business. I am looking for business I could start in less than two months and without investing lots of money.
What were you getting paid to do in previous jobs? Can you provide that as a freelancer?

Edgar King

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021

It definitely looks like freelancing is the way to go.

Andy's right, can you outsource your services to platforms like Upwork? And overdeliver enough to charge a premium? If you can do that you can then use that capital to invest in a business.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Two months to build a cashflow positive business sounds tough... even on Undercover Billionaire they give 90 days to highly seasoned business magnates. Maybe start there to get some ideas? Perhaps you can elaborate on your skillset / interests a bit more.

Congrats on quitting something that felt toxic to you, that takes courage.

Best wishes on your success!

Last edited:

Tubs

Starting fresh
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 5, 2019
VA

Provided you live in a good area for it, a local service business would probably be the fastest way to get some cashflow. Car detailing, carpet cleaning, window washing, gutter cleaning, etc...

door123

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 4, 2020
Sacramento, CA
ashflow positive business sounds tough... even on Undercover Billionaire they give 90 days to highly seasoned business magnates. Maybe start there to get some ideas? Perhaps you can elaborate on your skillset / interests a bit more.

Congrats on quitting something that felt toxic

Provided you live in a good area for it, a local service business would probably be the fastest way to get some cashflow. Car detailing, carpet cleaning, window washing, gutter cleaning, etc...
I second this. when I quit my "cushy" job before I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I went into local services (handyman) & within a week I making more than enough for my bills.

Andy Black

Co-host of LetsChatSales.com
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What can you do to make a sale, this week?

David Fitz

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I second this. when I quit my "cushy" job before I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I went into local services (handyman) & within a week I making more than enough for my bills.

Yup. It's the fastest way to make cash if you're stuck. I quit my last job 4 years ago and went straight into home services. Within one month I was earning more than ever.

I'm still trying to work my way out of being a local service business by doing something online but I'm slowly finding my way.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State

clean roofs and make 8k in your first month with a ladder, broom and some fb ads.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom