I see this over and over, everyone wants to BE rich but in the same breath they hate rich people. Really don't understand these people. If they think no one else deserves to be rich why do they think they do?
Also while celebrities get hated on a lot for being too rich it seems they aren't hated on as much as business owners or those who run/manage a business. I don't understand that logic either.
Notably, for every 1 rich celeb there are 1000 struggling ones. And just look at the number of formally rich stars. Wealth thru fame is so fickle (its literally in the publics hand whether they 'make it' or don't - violates Control?) and fleeting (very rarely does it last)
Third and last thought, Kim Kardashian gets so much hate for being as famous and rich as she is. Its nearly always dismissed as simply making a sex tape. BUT...
Anyways, can anyone explain the first two observations in a way that makes sense? The easy answer is to write it off as simply jealousy and/or hater-ism. But I don't think that really explains the root of it.
One last thing, what does RICH even mean? Far as I can tell, those rich folks who don't deserve that much money means "I hate anyone who has more money than me" I always want to say "well maybe they worked harder for it than you or happen to be better at managing their finances than you are" *note - people HATE hearing that
Also while celebrities get hated on a lot for being too rich it seems they aren't hated on as much as business owners or those who run/manage a business. I don't understand that logic either.
Notably, for every 1 rich celeb there are 1000 struggling ones. And just look at the number of formally rich stars. Wealth thru fame is so fickle (its literally in the publics hand whether they 'make it' or don't - violates Control?) and fleeting (very rarely does it last)
Third and last thought, Kim Kardashian gets so much hate for being as famous and rich as she is. Its nearly always dismissed as simply making a sex tape. BUT...
- That sex tape was TERRIBLE! I'll simply leave it at that.
- She wasn't the first nor the last to make a sex tape.
- If a sex tape was all it took to get to where she is now theres got to be A LOT of pissed off porn stars, collage kids, and bored housewives who got screwed out of a multimillion dollar empire.
Anyways, can anyone explain the first two observations in a way that makes sense? The easy answer is to write it off as simply jealousy and/or hater-ism. But I don't think that really explains the root of it.
One last thing, what does RICH even mean? Far as I can tell, those rich folks who don't deserve that much money means "I hate anyone who has more money than me" I always want to say "well maybe they worked harder for it than you or happen to be better at managing their finances than you are" *note - people HATE hearing that
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
