The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got heaps of answers for you

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
Hi everybody,

I am a psychologist from germany and I found a way to free your mind of negative thinking. I am practising it for almost six years now and it is just stunning: because it is so easy! My mood is still raising and my motivation soars.

Once I figured that out, I wanted to share it with everybody, which turned out to be not so easy.
I needed a way to keep it in easy words to make people understand how it works. (I just started a blog, so if you want to join me- it is "hour zero" for me to spread the word;).)

And I need people who are willing to try it. There are so many who believe they can´t influence their thoughts. They wouldn´t even give it a try!! But I know here are many who already use strategies to think positively and who will be able to use my strategies,too.

I promise you: this is really big. And you can be one of the first people to advance the material with me and get the biggest part of real wealth: true freedom of mind!

Cheers,
Esther

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
That you guys think that my post is not true says quite a bit about you guys, i must say.
Maybe this is not the platform for innovative ideas.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
That you guys think that my post is not true says quite a bit about you guys, i must say.

It's your pitch. We hear it all the time. From a newbie it doesn't carry any weight and really sounds spammy.

Also, it's mighty presumptive for you to say you have heaps of answers. Maybe so, but do we have questions that match those answers?

There are some of us into thinking and there are some of us past thinking and into doing.

Part of selling is to know your customer.

Hope you find your audience. Good luck.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

No, actually this isn't the platform for your spammy sales pitches and blog links, at least until we get to know you.

Do you storm into a party of strangers and immediately start selling them stuff?

says quite a bit about you guys,

That's rich claiming you have the "answers" and yet you don't know the answer insofar as approaching a community of strangers.

You know nothing about this forum, the people here, and what it stands for.

We're more than your warm audience waiting for a blog link exposing life's mysteries.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
And I need people who are willing to try it. There are so many who believe they can´t influence their thoughts. They wouldn´t even give it a try!! But I know here are many who already use strategies to think positively and who will be able to use my strategies,too.

BLah Blah Blah a Bunch of BS BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah a Bunch of BS BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah a Bunch of BS BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah a Bunch of BS BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah BLah Blah Blah

Before you try and teach people how to "influence their thoughts," maybe you should teach yourself how to influence other peoples thoughts... in a positive way.

I'm thinking of dropping some cash for the INSIDERS FORUM so I can add you to my "Do Not Like List." You're the first one on it. Congratz! :hurray:
I suggest creating a new profile if you plan on staying, you made one of the worst first impressions I've seen on this forum.

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
It's your pitch. We hear it all the time. From a newbie it doesn't carry any weight and really sounds spammy.

Also, it's mighty presumptive for you to say you have heaps of answers. Maybe so, but do we have questions that match those answers?

There are some of us into thinking and there are some of us past thinking and into doing.

Part of selling is to know your customer.

Hope you find your audience. Good luck.

Thanks. You nailed it! It sounds spammy. I KNOW. I just thought there are people somewhere in a similar mindset.
It didn´t seem so ridiculous to me.

Do the people have the questions I can answer? Do people want to be happy and raise their motivation? Do people want to learn how to think more positively?
I don´t know...tell me ?

I might not make it to more than a newbie here. People are just insulting me all the time :D and I don´t have time for that;)
But you are right: it seems to be the wrong way.

Greetings,
Esther

P.S.: Would you join me in a thought experiment? Just in case, you found something that is really stunning about human thinking, but it sounds kind of ridiculous to people, because they don´t expect something like that to exist. How would you go about it?

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
Before you try and teach people how to "influence their thoughts," maybe you should teach yourself how to influence other peoples thoughts... in a positive way.

I'm thinking of dropping some cash for the INSIDERS FORUM so I can add you to my "Do Not Like List." You're the first one on it. Congratz! :hurray:
I suggest creating a new profile if you plan on staying, you made one of the worst first impressions I've seen on this forum.

Wow. Thanks for that!!! The worst impression ever? Great! And you seem to spend a lot of time with stuff you don´t like, so that is quite a compliment ;)

P.S.: The thoughts of others are out of your control, but your thoughts could be almost under full control if you got the right methods.

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
No, actually this isn't the platform for your spammy sales pitches and blog links, at least until we get to know you.

Do you storm into a party of strangers and immediately start selling them stuff?

That's rich claiming you have the "answers" and yet you don't know the answer insofar as approaching a community of strangers.

You know nothing about this forum, the people here, and what it stands for.

We're more than your warm audience waiting for a blog link exposing life's mysteries.

You are right! I know so little about your community.
I´m just reading your book and that gave me kind of a rush.

Please note that I am actually NOT SELLING ANYTHING right now.
I really meant to find like-minded people. I really didn´t know how that sounds for you.
No worries- if it´s got value, I will get somewhere.

I really learned something here! Sometimes it is very stupid to be honest.

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
So why didn't you just post that information that you'd like to teach us in your first post?

I really don´t even understand your comment. I feel really stupid by now.
That is exactly what I wrote: I figured out a theory about controlling one´s own thinking.
Would it have been better not to mention the blog? would the post be alright then? Or is it just to positive?
Should I understate the effect?
The reactions here are really giving me some questions. Didn´t know that it is so provoking.

Maybe it is even more complicated.
I don´t really believe in "teaching". I believe in facilitation (an expression invented by Carl Rogers, the founder of client centered therapy).
Means that you can´t teach others anything. The other one has to be in a certain mindset, to understand what you say. Means, whenever we learn something we are on the brink of getting there and others input just facilitates our development.

So how should I know it would be better to say "I want to teach something?" Never felt so much like a psychological nerd before! ;)

Thanks for your input!!

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
I'll give her a chance.

I know somebody (a friend) that seems to have developed a habit of negativity.

I really think it is simply that - his negative way of thinking has become a habit, and something that he could break the cycle of, if he really wanted to change it.

But complaining about and blaming people/situations has become normal to him and i think he entertains himself with these thoughts (family issues have been a common theme of our phone conversations, he has repeatedly booked flight tickets then failed to travel on them, wasting fares).

I feel like meditation may have some answers (it has to do with being aware of your thoughts and practicing to have more control over them, right?), but i know nothing about that topic.

What advice would you give my friend?

Last edited:

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Your first post to the forum is an attempt to sell your program/idea. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it sure as hell reads like the generic "New-Age, The Secret, Tony Robbins, Self-Help" B.S. that I see thrown in-front of me everyday.

You didn't even provide what the material was. You just said you wanted people to help you. Why would they help you, if you haven't helped them? All you've given is promises. But you have no reputation, no credentials, and no history of success that we can see. We see offers like this every-day, why would yours be any different?

Again. I'm not saying your idea doesn't work. But using your first post as an offer has a history of turning out badly for the users.

Let's rectify the "You Didn't Provide Us With Anything".

I could use some help.

I have anxiety. On meds for it. I worry about things that have no real risk. I stand in line at the bookstore and my gut suddenly turns to ice. I'll drive and suddenly worry that every breath I take is my last.

How can I fix it?

Oh. And if your answer is, "Think positive thoughts!" or "Affirmations!" then you're not saying anything different than 90% of the self-help 'gurus' on the internet.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
figured out a theory about controlling one´s own thinking.

Ok, so tell us about the theory. We aren't discriminatory on value.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everybody,

I am a psychologist from germany and I found a way to free your mind of negative thinking. I am practising it for almost six years now and it is just stunning: because it is so easy! My mood is still raising and my motivation soars.

Once I figured that out, I wanted to share it with everybody, which turned out to be not so easy.
I needed a way to keep it in easy words to make people understand how it works. (I just started a blog, so if you want to join me- it is "hour zero" for me to spread the word;).)

I promise you: this is really big. And you can be one of the first people to advance the material with me and get the biggest part of real wealth: true freedom of mind!

Cheers,
Esther

Esther,

Your first post had nothing of value, just a bunch of what we perceive as fluff and hype. Please look at what you wrote.

" I am practising it for almost six years now and it is just stunning: because it is so easy! My mood is still raising and my motivation soars."

"I promise you: this is really big. And you can be one of the first people to advance the material with me and get the biggest part of real wealth: true freedom of mind!"

After all that you wrote, why didn't you just continue your post to help us be the first people to advance the material with you? Where is the material? You basically came in and said something like, I have a secret to staying young, it's awesome and I want to share it with you! But, not now, maybe later.

If you are going to do this, why make your initial post at all?

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
I'll give her a chance.

I know somebody (a friend) that seems to have developed a habit of negativity.

I really think it is simply that - his negative way of thinking has become a habit, and something that he could break the cycle of, if he really wanted to change it.

But complaining about and blaming people/situations has become normal to him and i think he entertains himself with these thoughts (family issues have been a common theme of our phone conversations, he has repeatedly booked flight tickets then failed to travel on them, wasting fares).

I feel like meditation may have some answers (it has to do with being aware of your thoughts and practicing to have more control over them, right?), but i know nothing about that topic.

What advice would you give my friend?

The problem with advices is: it doesn´t really work.
In my everyday work I am counseling people with disorders, many many times connected to depression and the peoblem is: people are knowing a lot...it´s a problem of the mood.
You didn´t mention whether your friend is open to counseling or therapy...
If it would be my friend, I´d just ask him if he doesn´t want to try it. (There are quite a few awesome psychologists and therapists out there).

To really increase positive thinking is only something you can do for yourself. You have to want it yourself- you can´t push anybody to it.

What my theory is about is positive psychology: Positive psychology doesn´t cover the treatment of disorders, but focus on the development of human beings. How far can we get? How can we improve human perfomance? How can we get/stay happy? How can we raise our motivation?
That´s truly something you can only do for yourself an nobody can do that for you.

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
Your first post to the forum is an attempt to sell your program/idea. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it sure as hell reads like the generic "New-Age, The Secret, Tony Robbins, Self-Help" B.S. that I see thrown in-front of me everyday.

You didn't even provide what the material was. You just said you wanted people to help you. Why would they help you, if you haven't helped them? All you've given is promises. But you have no reputation, no credentials, and no history of success that we can see. We see offers like this every-day, why would yours be any different?

Again. I'm not saying your idea doesn't work. But using your first post as an offer has a history of turning out badly for the users.

Let's rectify the "You Didn't Provide Us With Anything".

I could use some help.

I have anxiety. On meds for it. I worry about things that have no real risk. I stand in line at the bookstore and my gut suddenly turns to ice. I'll drive and suddenly worry that every breath I take is my last.

How can I fix it?

Oh. And if your answer is, "Think positive thoughts!" or "Affirmations!" then you're not saying anything different than 90% of the self-help 'gurus' on the internet.

Thanks a lot for your openness. - You are right- I really started it the wrong way. I am also annoyed by all that gurus out there ;)

I am also a counselor (thats what I do for my living) and I know that this "think positive" advice is really stupid.
It´s like telling people "be happy" or "be motivated".
It is not something you decide and click "execute" and then you can be it.
But it is a consequence of our thinking.

In your case: counseling or therapy can help a lot. The problem often is, that there are also bad psychologists out there and many people try therapy once and decide it doesn´t help. But they just had bad luck with the person they dealt with.
Anxiety often makes it necessary to talk about the past. In many cases there are beliefs you somehow developed in your childhood/youth that are really counterproductive. Often caused by bad experiences: loss of a loved person, traumatic experiences, etc.
And it is very helpful to talk to a professional about it. (You make subconscious stuff conscious and then you can work with it.)

How my theory differs from others: I collected strategies, how you can change your thinking.
(That is why I mentioned my blog in the first case...people just could have checked if there is something for them in it...but people can make money with blogs, so it seems to be a bit of a taboo).
And: it works in my case, but I have no idea if others can do that, too. My guess is yes- because we are all more similar than we think.

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
Ok, so tell us about the theory. We aren't discriminatory on value.

I am a trial-and-error person. I´ve always tried things out- if they work- great- if they don´t I dump them.
Almost six years ago I started with certain strategies.
I call it "selective scepticism". I started using simple strategies to react on my negative thoughts.
(That´s why I mentioned my blog, because, if I write that all down here, it would take me weeks ;))

It was just amazing: I did´t only reduce my negative thoughts- it also seemed that my negative beliefs were fading. If you would ask me how I feel most of the time on a scale from 1-10 I would say 32 (compared to my scale five years ago).
And my mood is still rising.

I tried to tell other people- it seems to be so easy for me- but just talking about it doesn´t make it clear enough. So at the moment I´m integrating pictures and analogies. Because I am sure that there are many people who can use the strategies,too.

That´s why I joined the community, because I am sure here are many intelligent people (Although I´m till trying to transform everything in even easier language or pictures to make it accessable for anybody) AND who got the "entrepreneurial" mindset.
Means, you´ve got to believe in change to even try it. Entrepreneurs KNOW that future markets are diffrent from today´s. They know the present contains the information just of the past and not of the the future. They know, that what seemed ridiculous five years ago can be completely natural today.
I´m thinking of the Freitag brothers: Tell somebody in the 80ies that making bags out of Waste would be called recycling AND designer-bags and you could make a fortune on it!! They wouldn´t believe you!! These guys had a vision that was ridiculous BEFORE they did it!
I think to be able to use my strategies, you need exactly this openness.

Thanks for reading,
Esther

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
Esther,

Your first post had nothing of value, just a bunch of what we perceive as fluff and hype. Please look at what you wrote.

" I am practising it for almost six years now and it is just stunning: because it is so easy! My mood is still raising and my motivation soars."

"I promise you: this is really big. And you can be one of the first people to advance the material with me and get the biggest part of real wealth: true freedom of mind!"

After all that you wrote, why didn't you just continue your post to help us be the first people to advance the material with you? Where is the material? You basically came in and said something like, I have a secret to staying young, it's awesome and I want to share it with you! But, not now, maybe later.

If you are going to do this, why make your initial post at all?

Thats´s why I mentioned my blog. It is all there. It´s too long to write it down here.
My fist post is actually really funny for me now. I never had a lot to do with advertisement. But now people keep telling me that WHAT I wrote is exactly that.
-There´s alot of positive emotion in it.
-It is promising stuff.
-It sounds like make-belief
-It sounds exaggerated

You are right! You just can´t write this on a forum! If you could look me right in the eye when I say such things, you could check and you´d have a chance to figure out wheter I tell you the truth or not.

Greetings,
Esther

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
@Being747 you have been through the fire in response to your 1st post, but you haven't responded negatively or with insults. That says something to me. Thus I chose to check out your blog and I don't yet see any of the typical guru sales pitch BS. :hurray:

I've read some of the blog, and I'll give it a try.

You seem to have an entrepreneurial bent yourself, perhaps you've found the right forum...even if for the wrong reason.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Thats´s why I mentioned my blog. It is all there. It´s too long to write it down here.

ctrl-c-ctrl-v.jpg

mazo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 12, 2016
Yes couldn't agree more time for me to switch channel's.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
I am a trial-and-error person. I´ve always tried things out- if they work- great- if they don´t I dump them.
Almost six years ago I started with certain strategies.
I call it "selective scepticism". I started using simple strategies to react on my negative thoughts.
(That´s why I mentioned my blog, because, if I write that all down here, it would take me weeks ;))

It was just amazing: I did´t only reduce my negative thoughts- it also seemed that my negative beliefs were fading. If you would ask me how I feel most of the time on a scale from 1-10 I would say 32 (compared to my scale five years ago).
And my mood is still rising.

I tried to tell other people- it seems to be so easy for me- but just talking about it doesn´t make it clear enough. So at the moment I´m integrating pictures and analogies. Because I am sure that there are many people who can use the strategies,too.

That´s why I joined the community, because I am sure here are many intelligent people (Although I´m till trying to transform everything in even easier language or pictures to make it accessable for anybody) AND who got the "entrepreneurial" mindset.
Means, you´ve got to believe in change to even try it. Entrepreneurs KNOW that future markets are diffrent from today´s. They know the present contains the information just of the past and not of the the future. They know, that what seemed ridiculous five years ago can be completely natural today.
I´m thinking of the Freitag brothers: Tell somebody in the 80ies that making bags out of Waste would be called recycling AND designer-bags and you could make a fortune on it!! They wouldn´t believe you!! These guys had a vision that was ridiculous BEFORE they did it!
I think to be able to use my strategies, you need exactly this openness.

Thanks for reading,
Esther

Ok I'll bite...

It sounds like the fake it till you make it model; which is not a wrong path by any reason, but I do not believe that it translates to solving root problems in psychology. In my experience with people, a person develops a negative outlook on particular situations due to past experience. The brain strives for comfort and strays from harm, emotionally and physically. Even if you start to see your negative beliefs fade, all it will take is one triggering event to knock you right back to where you started since there is no experience to pull from to ground yourself.

Ask someone who has a history of emotional abuse their outlook on relationships and they will probably have trust issues in regards to opening up to people. Yet the same person will trust a trust fund with their life savings.

That being said, how does your method solve root problems rather than mask feelings. What is your philosophy on happiness and fulfillment, because those create true positive outlooks on life. The man who uses his riches to affect the lives of millions will die much happier throughout life than the man who hoards his money and dies alone.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
IMO you could have gotten much farther by politely introducing yourself and simply posting some relevant content that represents value. Honestly, I think we should all go back to what we're doing best - building businesses and stop feeding this thread.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
786%
May 5, 2014
This thread is cringy.

On a positive note I think you've gotten good feedback. Start with a general intro and let people see the value you provide to people rather than pushing it onto them!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.