The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got an idea to start. What do you think about it?

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
He might still be worthwhile as a friend. But definitely not a business partner.

This is important -- don't throw away this friendship. It just makes sense to keep the business for yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
This is important -- don't throw away this friendship. It just makes sense to jeep the business for yourself.

Of course! I love him as f**k, I will be always his friend.
But unfortunately, I am feeling that these times I am stepping away slowly from my "core" friends because they don't share the same affinities anymore. Now I am spending more time with people who share the same thoughts and are in the same way as me. I think I just brought them by a law of attraction. I need to create a new social circle if I want a new life, but this doesn't mean that I need to forget my core friends.

johnnyfriendly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 6, 2016
Thank you very much for your good vibes!!

Thank you for your advice, I know for sure my next step will be building a website, but first I need to see if my branch is going well in the local community.

The designs that I have in my mind to do are not so complicated so I can do by myself. As my friend forfeit to help me, to be my partner, I found out some tutorials on the internet using photoshop to create the prints. (Nowadays we can find and learning everything with the holy internet, thanks Robert Kahn I love you)

So I have a few days until my logo, that I bought, arrive to decide which design to choose first (I have a lot of good ideas). When I manufacture my first shirt I will be posting it here with my logo. and my niche will be revealed :)

Ah, OK...by "designs" I thought you meant designs as in how a shirt would be made with certain characteristics like pointy collars, wide collars, tight around the waist, frills (eek!), gold buttons, shoulder flashes, etc. stuff like that, like a fashion design. So you are taking graphic patterns and putting them on existing shirts/ t-shirts, correct?

Crisdamien

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 30, 2018
Miami, FL
Hello Guys.

Well, I was thinking to get out from job to start some business after reading the fastlane, but I realized that my workload in my current job these times is very very easy. So I decided to do not leave my job is this right moment and try to create a second income for my financial life.

So I've been thinking... I've been searching... I've been reading this forum...

How can I get money while I sleep? How can I get money without exchanging my time? Think, Think, Think.

Blink! some sort of idea came to my head.

I have a friend, probably in the slowlane right now and unemployed. His profession is Industrial Designer, He draws for everything that comes to be commercial or hits the public.

So I've been thinking to open an e-commerce for clothes to a specific niche that I think has great potential because of lack of clothes to this kind of public. I could call him to become a partner, he would just draw the clothes and I would do the rest.

Now my friends from this beautiful community.

I want to know your opinion... If this is a good idea, if it is not and how could I manage this differently? If you already did this, which problems should I face in this path?

I have no knowledge of business, negotiation, and commerce. If you have a book that can help me to create something to initiate, please I would be glad to read them.

Thank you guys.

GG

Wasn't the whole point of Fast Lane to anchor your business to creating value? I'm pretty sure MJ devoted a whole chapter on removing this consumption mindset and offering value.. I know because I'm an ex Aliexpress-shopify-laptop on the beach reformed automaton.

Just very small opinion.

johnnyfriendly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 6, 2016
Of course! I love him as f**k, I will be always his friend.
But unfortunately, I am feeling that these times I am stepping away slowly from my "core" friends because they don't share the same affinities anymore. Now I am spending more time with people who share the same thoughts and are in the same way as me. I think I just brought them by a law of attraction. I need to create a new social circle if I want a new life, but this doesn't mean that I need to forget my core friends.

So Victor,

Have you birthed your first design yet?

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Hello Guys.

Well, I was thinking to get out from job to start some business after reading the fastlane, but I realized that my workload in my current job these times is very very easy. So I decided to do not leave my job is this right moment and try to create a second income for my financial life.

So I've been thinking... I've been searching... I've been reading this forum...

How can I get money while I sleep? How can I get money without exchanging my time? Think, Think, Think.

Blink! some sort of idea came to my head.

I have a friend, probably in the slowlane right now and unemployed. His profession is Industrial Designer, He draws for everything that comes to be commercial or hits the public.

So I've been thinking to open an e-commerce for clothes to a specific niche that I think has great potential because of lack of clothes to this kind of public. I could call him to become a partner, he would just draw the clothes and I would do the rest.

Now my friends from this beautiful community.

I want to know your opinion... If this is a good idea, if it is not and how could I manage this differently? If you already did this, which problems should I face in this path?

I have no knowledge of business, negotiation, and commerce. If you have a book that can help me to create something to initiate, please I would be glad to read them.

Thank you guys.

GG

Read Unscripted

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hello guys!

I was missing these weeks because my son was taking vacations in my city so my time was scarce. But he came back to his hometown yesterday, so now let's hustle.

Let me point out all my evolutions until now, very little but there are some.

I have my LOGO and I create a Facebook Page next step will open an Instagram account (I don't have fu**ing idea how to marketing in social media yet)

I created my own design but I didn't like... By "lucky" yesterday my youngest brother told me he has a friend which are unemployed and has good skills at design. I talked to him and he agreed to make the firsts design for free.

So my goals are to have my first "good" design until this next Sunday and "materialize them" until the next week and start to sell them to cover my investments.

I also can start open my niche for you guys. I think there's no problem once this market is already saturated and for me is just something to start as an entrepreneur.

I am selling clothes for the electronic music scene, most directly to TECHNO scene.
I am living in Brazil in São Paulo and there is only one store which sells to this niche.
The store is: After Clothing
Follow the link:
Home

This store is from the south of the country but it sells to the whole country and also exports to overseas
For me, the prices are too high so I will try to reduce them.

So when I got new information I will be updating you guys.

Meanwhile, I got some new ideas for business, but nothing right yet.

GG

Attachments

• LOGO114.jpg
    LOGO114.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 10

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
(I don't have fu**ing idea how to marketing in social media yet)

There are plenty of great conversations here about that. Just look at the Gold and Notable threads. And use the forum search page for Facebook, Instagram, Adwords, SEO, whatever you'd like to learn about.

I talked to him and he agreed to make the firsts design for free.

Nice!

I am selling clothes for the electronic music scene, most directly to TECHNO scene.
I am living in Brazil in São Paulo and there is only one store which sells to this niche.

The thing that comes to my mind right away is, can you sell directly to music fans, at festivals and clubs?

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
There are plenty of great conversations here about that. Just look at the Gold and Notable threads. And use the forum search page for Facebook, Instagram, Adwords, SEO, whatever you'd like to learn about.

Yeah! I already searched for something about it here at the beginning of this week. I also placed some books of SEO and Online strategy marketing in my wish list in Amazon.

I just need to learn them, as TMF said No excuses for "I DON'T KNOW HOW".

The thing that comes to my mind right away is, can you sell directly to music fans, at festivals and clubs?

Yeah, this will be the idea in the future. I also do a lot of parties because I am an "amateur" DJ. I can bring my brand to my parties to leverage my brand and also my name (Be a DJ is just a Hobbie).

I have local DJ friends which I can give my shirts for marketing.

GG

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I also do a lot of parties because I am an "amateur" DJ. I can bring my brand to my parties to leverage my brand and also my name (Be a DJ is just a Hobbie).

Look up the "how to make money by hosting parties" discussions! I don't remember the exact words, but you can find them with some searches. There are some forum members who have made a lot of money with their own parties and events. That would overlap with your whole scene.

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
I found it, the name of the topic is

How to make 15-20K in 4 hours..EVENTS!

I will read this after, Now I am killing myself at my slowlane job :arghh:

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hello, Guys, I came back here to update about my ideas.

I kinda changed everything.

I've been thinking about everything around this idea to create a brand for techno scene.
I realized this project which I call it by "Shortcut" is something that I want to do for hobby (love) like being a DJ.
The last weekend we did the first party to leverage this name and it was a success! I was very amazed because I planned this party 3 days before.

After this, I was thinking about the brand and applying some concepts from TMF . My idea didn't pass in the some of Commandments and I decided to do not put all my effort into this project now. My goals didn't match which what this project could it return to me at this moment.

I will keep working on with the party name and when this project gets famous locally I will use this to start the cloth store. So will be like this, every month I will do a party just for fun, in the future, I will use this to monetize something.

But now there are only 2 weeks left before I leave my slow lane good salary job...

What will I do?

I am going to start importing and exporting products, I've been reading some topics, blogs, asking people that work with this and I got interested.

My slow lane job is sucking all my energy and time, so my process about search what kind of product I will work with is slow now.

I will open a PROCESS topic for this new idea and you can follow up which path this will end.

I want to thank everyone who commented and helped this topic.

GG

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
It can work as long as you stick with it long-enough! Try using a Print-On-Demand site that will print the shirts and take care of delivery.

Your friend likes to draw anyways, so he will do most of the work.

Your job: Learn how to sell online. I would advise starting with ebay & amazon, but also learn how to create you're own shopify store and running traffic with facebook, google towards it.

Beware that of all items, the return rates for clothes are the highest!

Best,
Champion

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.