Not really..but it’s my goal. Let me explain.
My husband and I own a restaurant chain and I’m the online brand reputation manager for our companies. Every complaint, nag, and criticism we receive goes directly to my inbox. I read and see everyone of them. From yelp to google to facebook and more, I answer them personally.
Are all the complaints fair or based on factual events? Not all the time, but I still unwaveringly smile and kindly reply back. When you're in the hospitality industry and if you're good, you take people’s shit. Don't get me wrong, there are instances when I don’t take people’s shit. For example, when my values are challenged or someone is harassing my employee. There are some lines you don’t cross.
But in everyday instances, I eat people's shit.
My husband's, my sons' shit, and my friends'.
And in all honesty, it has increased my empathy for people and my own limited patience. When I was younger, I used to take pride that I didn’t have to take shit from people. I could say no and stand up for myself at every instance. I was a free-willed, independent female entrepreneur.
I learned over time that not taking people’s shit made me and other people cross. As I’ve matured, Ive learned not to sweat the small stuff. And you know what, it’s all small stuff.
Just ‘eat shit’. Walk away, ignore the negativity, and find the silver lining in everything.
By the way, I'm mn112477 and I'm the guinea pig for my husband's kitchen creations. We used to grind 14-hour days, 6 days a week. The hard work has paid off but we haven't stopped grinding. Our specialties include publishing, writing, real estate, and restaurants. We love topics on entrepreneurship, fitness, health, mental toughness, grit, food, and parenting (in that order).
My husband and I own a restaurant chain and I’m the online brand reputation manager for our companies. Every complaint, nag, and criticism we receive goes directly to my inbox. I read and see everyone of them. From yelp to google to facebook and more, I answer them personally.
Are all the complaints fair or based on factual events? Not all the time, but I still unwaveringly smile and kindly reply back. When you're in the hospitality industry and if you're good, you take people’s shit. Don't get me wrong, there are instances when I don’t take people’s shit. For example, when my values are challenged or someone is harassing my employee. There are some lines you don’t cross.
But in everyday instances, I eat people's shit.
My husband's, my sons' shit, and my friends'.
And in all honesty, it has increased my empathy for people and my own limited patience. When I was younger, I used to take pride that I didn’t have to take shit from people. I could say no and stand up for myself at every instance. I was a free-willed, independent female entrepreneur.
I learned over time that not taking people’s shit made me and other people cross. As I’ve matured, Ive learned not to sweat the small stuff. And you know what, it’s all small stuff.
Just ‘eat shit’. Walk away, ignore the negativity, and find the silver lining in everything.
By the way, I'm mn112477 and I'm the guinea pig for my husband's kitchen creations. We used to grind 14-hour days, 6 days a week. The hard work has paid off but we haven't stopped grinding. Our specialties include publishing, writing, real estate, and restaurants. We love topics on entrepreneurship, fitness, health, mental toughness, grit, food, and parenting (in that order).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
