The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I can't seem to find motivation

Vitaliy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 21, 2014
Destin, Florida
Essentially I think my job and environment is killing me. I have lost all motivation in building my fastlane business. I am surrounded by people that make tons of money. I even take a course that teaches me EVERYTHING I need to make 10k a month in a few months, but I can't seem to want to take action. I have lost a clear vision and goal to my websites and business. All I do at work is check my google analytics, check my search engine rankings, etc. I don't even know what my next step is business wise. I barely had motivation to write this post. I'm always afraid to spend money, to take risks, etc. It's really ridiculous but I'm almost falling in a depression. Anybody go through this that knows a good steps to take to get out of it?

I essentially do data entry for an e-commerce store for a living, its BS and I want to quit but want to atleast cover my bills before I do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Can you improve your offering?

Is there a just an "ounce" more value you could put into the product?

Could you add a product to your offering that would further help your customers?

Could you make a new product that knocks the socks of your customers, turning them into raving fans that won't stop e-mailing and calling you?

*That's the step by step I use when in your situation. Helps if I talk that process out with biz friends*

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Is your fastlane business a good business ? Profitable ? Or are you just starting out.
I'm not asking what it is..it doesn't matter.

When I suffer failure after failure, I need just a little success with something. It doesn't have to be much...just something that makes me feel like I really am moving forward.

Helps if I talk that process out with biz friends
I agree with this too because everyone gets down from time to time.

Vitaliy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 21, 2014
Destin, Florida
The business is a good idea, no doubt. It follows and falls into all the rules and viable to make tons of money. One of my business friends is actually going to be a partner in starting the whole thing (I can take a lot of knowledge from him). The part that I am having problems with is seeing it clearly. I lose a lot of motivation because of lack of results. I ranked a site to #2 for a 6,600 Monthly search keyword, the site has made one sale when I had 5 visits a day rather than 50-100 like I do now (it's a different project). I can rank sites but can't seem to make sales on those sites.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
Use paid traffic. You can find out in days not months if your offer is good.

If you are getting traffic but not sales it is either your offer/product isn't good or your site is not converting.

bella5

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 21, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I've been in a similar state for the past couple of months on and off too, a couple of things that have helped me:

1. Figure out a goal for your websites and business and write it down. I kind of knew where I was going, but didn't have any clear goals with a timeframe attached to them. When I put a plan down in writing, it helped me feel like I had control of it all and when things feel a little unclear it's something to go back to to get me on track.

2. Get out of your own head - I've let myself think way too much about how I hate what I'm doing now and don't have enough time to really make progress with my fastlane goals - this got to the point where my head felt so clouded I couldn't really focus or work on anything, felt depressed and wasted a heap of time that I was pissed about not having in the first place. Now I just try to give myself a kick up the as* mentally every time these thoughts creep in - accept what I'm doing now is paying the bills and isn't going to be a long term thing - get in, do the work as quick as I can and then work on the things I want to be doing that will get me out of it.

3. Find some quotes, advice or stories from others that motivate you, print them out and look at them when you're starting to feel like this. I also have a 'motivational' folder in my bookmarks with things that I read to keep me in the right mindset. I've found some really good motivation particularly for pushing forward with IM stuff by Ruck on the IMGrind.com blog. I've also found alot of motivation from @IceCreamKid on the forum - not sure what thread I found this one in because I've printed it out -

"Those millionaire guys have the mindset of a warrior. It's not the money that makes them valuable, it's the person that they had to become that makes them valuable"

and

"Confusion ALWAYS comes before clarity. And action is the medicine which brings clarity to the surface. Take action daily. Get the ice cream."

------------------------------

In regard to being able to rank sites but not make sales on them - I fell into this too. I've spent so much time learning SEO, which is one of the traffic parts of the making money online equation, but didn't spend any time learning how to really be a marketer. Look at learning more about conversions, copywriting and take the time to work on the site, test different products/offers IF it is a website worthwhile working on that you want to turn into a business that doesn't rely just on Google traffic. http://foreverjobless.com/entrepreneurial-diworsification/

Steve Corcoran

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
You need to stop being a pussy and F*cking do something. The world doesn't come to you, you have to go get it. If you don't know what to do besides checking SEO rankings you need to be in a different business. Also a class that teaches you to make 10 grand a month iscompletely bullshit. That is event oriented not process, you are being taken for a ride on that one. You need to realize that taking a class to learn how to "do it" is basically you wanting your hand held. It is slow lane with no job security. Hand holding in entrepreneurship doesn't work.

If you are afraid to take risks and invest a little money in your future, I am sorry but you are a pussy. Man up or continue the race to the nursing home with the other people at work.

You need to help yourself, no one here is going to hold your hand either.
Amen

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I think that it is normal to lack motivation every once in a while, but you need to find that thing that really pushes the motivation inside of you. I know that with myself, my dream is to own a Lamborghini, and so one of the things I like to do is go look at different Lamborghini forums. It's really motivating to talk to people who own Lamborghinis, and to see pictures of them, and it makes me really excited to someday own one myself.

So, find your Lamborghini. Find the things that you really want, whatever it is, and use that to motivate you. Once you are motivated it's a lot easier to stay there, once you start seeing some of your hard work pay off.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I told myself that I wouldn't post on here for a while, but the title of your thread really ticked me off for some reason.

The best advice I have for you: Get yourself some new friends who are taking action. This has by far been the greatest influence for me. Lately I've been talking to Kak more often than I usually do...the guy eats, breathes, pees, and sleeps business. He just blows my mind with his level of commitment. Funny thing is it made me want to do the same. I was formerly a lifestyle entrepreneur, the type that wants to make enough money to have free time to enjoy life(when you ruthlessly cut expenses it is easy to become free)...but I can feel myself slowly shifting to a different side. Life is boring when you have too much free time anyway. Business is fun.

So yea, get some new friends. Ones who see the glass half full and want to make lasting impact on society. The type of peeps who want to do epic things and leave a legacy behind.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Burn the boats. Quit your job and see if you still lack motivation when your bank account is emptying without a consistent paycheck.

Bad advice. This guy needs to find motivation before quitting his job. He may need one for the rest of his life if he doesn't get off his a$$ and do it live.

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser394

You need to stop being a pussy and F*cking do something. The world doesn't come to you, you have to go get it. If you don't know what to do besides checking SEO rankings you need to be in a different business. Also a class that teaches you to make 10 grand a month iscompletely bullshit. That is event oriented not process, you are being taken for a ride on that one. You need to realize that taking a class to learn how to "do it" is basically you wanting your hand held. It is slow lane with no job security. Hand holding in entrepreneurship doesn't work.

If you are afraid to take risks and invest a little money in your future, I am sorry but you are a pussy. Man up or continue the race to the nursing home with the other people at work.

Entrepreneurship is sexy.

lol.jpg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I hope you realize I'm am trying to help you by saying what I said.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
There was a book recommended here on the forum not long ago which I have read and I'm currently putting what was recommended in there into practice. "The Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod is the book.

What you need to know from the book can be simplified into what he calls the Life S.A.V.E.R.S.

Silence (Meditation, etc.)
Affirmations
Visualization
Exercise
Reading
Scribing (Writing, Journaling, etc.)

The idea is to develop a daily practice of those habits, every morning, before starting with the rest of your day. Another major theme of the book is to wake up earlier. 4 - 5 AM seem to be the most recommended times.

You can get everything you need from here (his other website): www.TMMBook.com

Print out the PDFs you will get for free, and do the 30 day challenge. Start making small changes slowly (so you don't burn yourself out) and you will begin realizing positive results.

EDIT: It sounds like you really need time to regain your energy. So if I were you I would just wake up one hour earlier than you already do and keep the practice of those habits (Life SAVERS) within that hour so it would be easier to get done.

Last edited:

Steve Corcoran

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
Write down 10 ideas everyday, they don't have to be good or bad, but you have to flex your idea muscle daily! It works. After a few weeks or months you will notice you can come up with good idea relatively easily. Now for execution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vitaliy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 21, 2014
Destin, Florida
You need to stop being a pussy and F*cking do something. The world doesn't come to you, you have to go get it. If you don't know what to do besides checking SEO rankings you need to be in a different business. Also a class that teaches you to make 10 grand a month is complete bullshit. That is event oriented not process, you are being taken for a ride on that one. You need to realize that taking a class to learn how to "do it" is basically you wanting your hand held. It is slow lane with no job security. Hand holding in entrepreneurship doesn't work.

The course is just an SEO course, its not claiming easy money or anything like that. I know atleast 3 people that are making 10k a month from using that course, but I am putting my own twist on our brand. Essentially the business will run itself after we get some success with a few sites. Either way, my motivation is back, I was just in a slump for a few weeks I guess. Right now I am building my PBN up to have more SEO power and ranking a new site to get me some passive income. I am also hiring a Virtual Assistant to put items in instead of me and try to work by telecommuting once everything is fixed on the store.

I am quitting or minimizing my hours at work at the end of summer when we actually launch.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.