The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Am Looking to Help 3 people this month

D

DeletedUser2

1 student had already tried and killed several bad ideas, by learning how to test a market BEFORE he launches, and is now on his 5th business model, one with alot of promise!. he is starting to get traction and is looking to monetize it within the next month. clear goals, and a clear path of execution is helping him pick up speed on the fastlane, and its amazing to watch. He has also started his own thread detailing his journey here (I will insert link when I find it)

Found it
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/yo...my-progress-thread-local-sms-advertising.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Man, wish I had been around when this offer came out! Zen, next time your looking for a test subject - look no further...

D

DeletedUser2

So an update. I'm flying back from Vancouver right now, having met the third mentee. Finally

When I started this it was to help three people. And it had. a secondary reason, To bring me out of retirement as well. Get me to engage with people, adding value to some people's lives and to hold me as accountable as those I mentored, forcing myself to step up to the plate as well.

The three.

First there was Cody. He had a terrible idea and we killed it fast. And After exploring at least 5 ideas he found the thing he needed to do was to get more hands on with his learning. So he moved to Albuquerque and is now working for me with a more direct mentorship. I'll let him, tell His story some time here, but the short version is I am sending him to Australia to launch our office there!

Next was Jason. He had been on the school loop for quite a while. Working with him had been The hardest, because in doing so he was always his own biggest barrier to any action. He was terrified of being wrong to the point of not doing anything at all. When I visited him today he was doing his very first deal with several real estate properties. Amazing to watch him launch. Action works even in the face of fear.

Finally was Nate. I only mentored him for a couple months. Because all he really needed to do, was to process the loss he experienced in the 2008 financial crash.

Once he realized that the loss he experienced did not dismiss or diminish him in any way, but instead educated him, and gave him valuable experience, he really no longer needed mentoring. In fact he is brilliant at execution and I realized. He would be a better partner than a student.

We have since gone on to launch a couple Ventures together with one of them generating over 4. Million in gross sales in only 4 months.

My coaching partner, Pete has also come along way including leaving the area he grew up in, moving away from the head winds and is moving out here to be able to learn with us, as we build a another huge company.

It's been amazing and fun. And coming out of "retirement". Was difficult but I found out helping others in this way, By creating value, and taking action while holding others to account for taking action, ended up speeding us all up the on ramp towards the fast lane.

MJ, I just wanted to also add a big "thank you" to you as well for writing a book that so clearly laid a framework in which taking action had become even easier than it had in the past.

P.s. we recorded all these coaching calls (as part of the agreement with each person). And Pete will be making the available to the forum at some point in the near future. We currently have over 300 hours in total from all the coaching sessions, so it may take a bit to clean up and post. But that will be my gift back to the forum. For providing me a place to be able to post such cool Stuff.

Thanks guys it's been a good year, should even be a better year ahead.

Z

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
This is awesome!
Wish I was around when this was going on! What an amazing opportunity. Great job with your success!

This in particular is great, an opportunity like this only expands your horizons!
First there was Cody. He had a terrible idea and we killed it fast. And. After exploring at least 5 ideas he found the thing he needed to do was to get more hands on with his learning. So he moved to albuquerque and is now working for me with a. Ore direct mentorship. I'll let tell
His story some time here, but the short version is I am sending him to australia to launch our office there!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Great to hear this Zen, congratulations.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Really glad to hear this went so well :) $4 Mil in 4 months!!?? That's awesome!
Really looking forward to the recordings when they're released.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Zen - amazing. Can't wait to hear the calls!

Partnering with a mentor like you would be a dream come true for so many people here. Those were some very lucky people. You truly exemplify the "giving back" mentality :)

Cheers,

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
First there was Cody. He had a terrible idea and we killed it fast. And After exploring at least 5 ideas he found the thing he needed to do was to get more hands on with his learning. So he moved to Albuquerque and is now working for me with a more direct mentorship. I'll let him, tell His story some time here, but the short version is I am sending him to Australia to launch our office there!

Awesome. Looking forward to meeting you and Cody in the near future. :D

It's a Great thing that you took the time to mentor 3 willing Forum members and by the sound of their progress, it's an even Greater thing.

Speed +++++

BTW- I spoke to Michelle on Friday and emailed her all the info on my product. I'm looking forward to receiving her proposal. Thanks!

Ironwill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 1, 2008
Progress Update:

Hey guys. I'm Jason, and I'm one of the lucky ones that had the distinct honor of working with Zen and Pete through their program. I thought I would chime in, and give you a brief first-hand account of the progress I've made over the past year, working with Pete and Dale. What a hell of a ride so far!

I don't know what else to say but, HOLY SHIT!... The past year has been an absolute whirlwind of progress for my brother (AKN) and I...

This time last year, both of us were struggling to gain a foothold... Struggling to find something meaningful we could really sink our teeth into. It hasn't been easy, and it's been a virtual emotional roller coaster, but I can say one thing with certainty; I've relished every second... I've looked for the nuggets of wisdom and lessons in EVERY experience... Especially those I would consider 'less than ideal', shall we say... (And make no mistake about it, there have been MANY!!!).

It all started when I found this thread and promptly submitted my application, knowing I had nothing to loose by taking a shot...

I'm happy to say It worked, and I was subsequently introduced to two awesome Fastlaners who would turn out to be instrumental in helping me develop the set of tools I would need to get me to this point and beyond.

At around the same time, my brother had committed himself to learning how to code, and he and I would eventually come up with a concept that would potentially make life easier for us, and anyone else moving forward in the real estate game. We always knew we wanted to marry two of the largest (and most potentially lucrative; scale AND magnitude) industries, and saw an opportunity in the fact that real estate is still one of the last sectors to embrace the technological revolution on an industry-wide scale. We knew it was time for RE to join the rest of us in the 21st century... There was evidence even then that there was major change coming down the pipe... We wanted to be at the forefront of that movement.

So, we both got to work; While he was pouring his heart and soul into bringing our ultimate vision into physical manifestation; (leaning to code from scratch, might I add), I was making my moves out in the field, and as a result am now working alongside some very successful investors (one of which has taken me under his wing) and is showing me trade secrets in real estate business most will never get to see... More importantly, it has allowed me to further hone my business acumen. My brother Adam and I continued to meet regularly, specifically to exchange ideas on how we could further refine the site he had built. It was amazing watching it all take shape, and I was amazed at what he had accomplished on the technical side of things, but not at all surprised.

The results:

Just this past Friday, one of Canada's most prominent tech blogs published an awesome article about the site... Since then,
the response has been incredible.

The most exciting development so far though; this past monday, we were contacted by a VC firm who may be interested in pursuing this venture as an investment... We are both still blown away... Surreal, for sure.

We are also working on a deal involving multiple properties (which I think is amazing on its own) but what gets us really revved up is the prospect of potentially turning an entire industry on its ear, and fundamentally changing the way people interact with real estate, for the better.

With that, we continue to forge ahead... More convinced than ever this is indeed the path we were destined for.

Zen and Pete, it's been quite a wild journey so far, and it just keeps getting better!!!

Thank you for your continued support, wisdom, and above all, for believing in me!

MJ, I want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for all your hard work on the book and for the forums. They have both been incredible resources for both of us over the past few years and have gotten us through some pretty rough times, and continue to do so...

To everyone else: thank you for reading, and in the words of an esteemed mentor of mine (Dale, that means you buddy haha): Get out there and kick some a$$!!!

Much success to you all!

Jason

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
Awesome

Awesome stuff, congrats on your success and the best of luck with your future endeavors! Roc

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
That's wonderful to hear, great job on finding and satisfying the need. I wish you much more success on your journey.

D

DeletedUser2

so its been almost a year.

1 cody, now works for us full time, and is in the process of launching a business within a business. we are going to be his first, and largest client.
2. Jason has been kicking butt, up in Canada, helping to reshape the real estate industry there.
3. Nate, is a partner, and we have built a huge business in Albuquerque.
4. Pete, who was a co-coach, has moved here from PA, and now works internally.
5. 1percentstreet, came to visit, and stayed, and now heads up our media buying team
6. we now have 6 people in the office who are being mentored, learning alot, and launching businesses where we help them launch, own a part, and incubate them. it has been an interesting trip so far, from coaching to come out of retirement to a company that does 1.5M a month in revenue.
we expect to launch 4-5 different businesses from within, using "intrapreneurs" becoming the companies first client, as well as a partner/owner in each launched business. and since each business we launch, is also tied to what we do and our operations, its growing an ecosystem. with inter relying dynamics. should be fun...

I will update in the future as we go.

Z

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
So, what does it take for someone to be mentored by you and your group back when you were doing this?

What kind of actions need to be shown before acceptance?
What actions need to be taken after acceptance?

(Went and re-read the first post. Some questions still apply)

D

DeletedUser2

Cody now has been working for us, and has his own company up and going.
he is working with us to get a deal with a Chinese firm. to import our stuff, and his stuff to china

Nate is still a partner at the company we founded (along with Steve). we have grown to doing huge volumes and millions of dollars per month in revenue, as we grow even faster.

Jason has built a company with his brother, (both are on this forum) going head to head with the real estate industry up in Canada. and kicking some a$$. had setbacks, and major wins as well.
they got VC funding and are going to completely disrupt the calcified, old Real Estate industry. I am impressed.

I would say, that a couple years later, this has turned into a ROARING huge success for those that stood up, took action, and actually listened to the advice given.

the whole thing needs to have a book written about it, and because we recorded all the calls (hundreds of hours of coaching) and because this forum has acted like a repository for updates, there will be a book some day.

Edit, The whole experiment generated not tens, not thousands, but Millions of dollars for those who got shit done. and kudos to all of them.

thanks
Z

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
he is working with us to get a deal with a Chinese firm. to import our stuff, and his stuff to china

Nate is still a partner at the company we founded (along with Steve). we have grown to doing huge volumes and millions of dollars per month in revenue, as we grow even faster.

Jason has built a company with his brother, (both are on this forum) going head to head with the real estate industry up in Canada. and kicking some a$$. had setbacks, and major wins as well.
they got VC funding and are going to completely disrupt the calcified, old Real Estate industry. I am impressed.

I would say, that a couple years later, this has turned into a ROARING huge success for those that stood up, took action, and actually listened to the advice given.

the whole thing needs to have a book written about it, and because we recorded all the calls (hundreds of hours of coaching) and because this forum has acted like a repository for updates, there will be a book some day.

Edit, The whole experiment generated not tens, not thousands, but Millions of dollars for those who got shit done. and kudos to all of them.

thanks
Z

Hi how can I be your student? I have read your auto PM and looked at that thread. I have quitted college and have tons of free time with the burning desire to succeed.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
So I have been playing with this for years.

I have found that I have a cycle of rhythms that I go through in the day.

I like to wake 8-9 then I wake normally for me. earlier can be invigorating, but I cant do it all the time with out throwing off my other cycles.

till about almost 10, i love to read, Read a book, have coffee, have quiet time, have read emails ect. and start ordering my day.

at about 10 I am on Fire!
I love to get alot done in the next 2 hrs. then I have to take a break and eat. I get alot of projects answered, started, or moved to the next phase in those 2 hrs. they are the most productive, if i am talking to people.

lunch is just food for me. I like to eat with people, and catch up on non essential stuff.

by 2PM is my low time. I no longer sched anything from 1-3 if i can help it. no phone, no meeting ect. its when im in my thinking zone.

after 3 I pick up my second wind and im good till about 6.
7ish, food, dinner, reading, spending time with family, daughter ect. 7-9 low time again.

about 10Pm i start picking back up. from 10-1am im on fire again and I get some of my best thinking, writing, or extremely focused work done.

knowing this has allowed me to lay out my sched like this.

morning, read and think
10 am. People and problems. meet with people, talk to people, or solve problems.

1-3 no people, no problems, just thinking, food, and social stuff.

4. second wind, people and problems, setting things for tomorrow to do and get done.

6-9 low, slow, and family glow :)

10-1. extreme focus, spread sheets, writing, communications, gaming, bed.

since I know this I adjust my sched accordingly and it has worked out very well for me for the last 8 yrs that I have been adhering to it. I can always adjust, it just that I have found when I am most alert, or when my eyes glaze over. and just move my schedule around to match that.

Hi how can I be your student? I have read your auto PM and looked at that thread. I have quitted college and have tons of free time with the burning desire to succeed.

If you want a mentor,

You should try to figure out everything you can about that person before you approach them. Do as much homework as possible. I mean really have some diligence. This will show them you are serious.

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013

thanks
Z

Wow inspirational stuff! What was it about those guys that made them stand out when you first took them on?

Enigmatic One

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2014
Wow Zen, this is truly incredible! I wish I would have found this forum, specifically this thread, a long time ago. In the past, I wasted thousands of dollars on coaching with absolutely no results. Mainly, the coach completely bailed on me half way through our coaching with no way to contact him. I was basically forced to learn things on my own which was fine, just wish I had my money back that I paid to him.

It's good to know that there are people like you out there willing to show people the way without expecting anything other than motivation and the will to succeed.

I also live in Albuquerque, well Rio Rancho, and am very interested in your progress. Seems like I get inspired in every thread I read on this forum. Glad I joined in finally.

Good luck to every one on your ventures!

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Hi guys,

Cody here. I've been meaning to give an update on my progress as I was one of the three chosen by Zen A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

I'm 28 years old. At the time of being chosen, I was working in a casino for peanuts putting preliminary plans in place to start my own business. I learned almost everything I knew about business from this forum since 2007, when I joined. I can now attribute 99% of my business knowledge to Dale and the crew (his company).

When I got chosen, we began working on business ideas. I'd come up with an idea, we'd chat about it, then Dale would give me orders to test out the idea in real life.

Testing out your ideas with small tests was the first major lesson I soaked up.

So, I started testing out business ideas (which were mainly B&M service based ideas). One of the ideas we tested out was an "Errand Boys" business where I would post up shop at various dry cleaning establishments and offer my "errand services" for the dry cleaner's customers. The reasoning was they could get their groceries, dog walked, cars washed, lawn cut, etc, while they were at work and when they went to pick up their clothes, they could be done with all their chores.

So I visited Austin TX and walked into various Dry Cleaners and pitched the owners on the business. It would be beneficial to them, I thought, as I would make them stand out from their competition and could add more value to their customers. The feedback I received told me to find a new business.

The second business idea we were exploring had to deal with SMS Text Messages as a tool for restaurants to build up big customer lists, which the restaurants would text out one-time deals. (This one is important as it changed my life).

So, we found some guy my age in Houston, TX who had already built a website and was trying to launch the business. The problem was he worked 80 hours a week as a CPA for the oil companies. He had money but no time. I had time but no money.... so I did what anyone else in their right mind would do... I packed up my shit and drove from northern California to Houston TX to live in this guy's house and test out the business idea.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd it didn't work. Throughout this process, I would have skype calls with Zen twice a week and we'd talk about what was happening. I learned a ton of invaluable lessons trying to lift this disaster of a business idea two inches off the floor (hey, I got it 1 inch off the floor).

After I determined that I did not want to live in Houston, and the business was a no go, I moved to Albuquerque to hang out with Zen. At the time I had no job, very little money, and no assurances of anything. I moved in with a middle aged man who conveniently left out of his "roommate wanted" ad that he was a RAGING alcoholic. ..

I started hanging out at the office (which at the time was Dale and his local partner, and their two dogs). I did whatever I could to help out, which was mainly taking on the role as the office slave, dog walker, paper stacker, dust cleaner, chauffeur, and of course, professional dog walker.

Fast forward two years later and I have been working for his company full time and had the privilege of seeing it grow from the trenches. It has grown from just Dale and his partner to almost 20 of us. This has been the greatest education of my life... all because I was OK with uncertainty.

Fast forward to present day: I still work for the company and my business skills have increased ten-fold. I have my own side business (internet based) which I am slowly growing! It is my first business and it has already been profitable.

The past two years have been great for my style of learning (slow and hands on).

Oh... I have dug hundreds of holes, picked up hundreds of branches, swept dirt off of concrete, burnt stacks of wood, attempted to build structures that stand upright on his property, stacked way too much styrofoam that I care to remember, and unloaded enough furniture to meet my quota for ten years.

So to anyone looking for a mentor: be prepared to put in the work before you see an apple growing on the tree... and bring a pair of gloves so you don't get any splinters while stacking wood.

D

DeletedUser2

Yep Cody rocks because he was willing to do what ever it took. He has skills experience and investors willing to give money for the rest of his life...

It just because he did shit and engaged the process that came. Rather then the process he thought it would be

Z

Enigmatic One

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2014
Now that is some serious motivation you have Cody! It's like that old saying; "If you wanna hang with the big dogs, you better get off of that porch."

Thank you for sharing you experience and I hope for the best for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.