The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am looking for a partner! Lucrative Idea

Jay Croft

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 21, 2014
Seattle, WA
Hey all,

My name is Jay and I am an 18 year old innovator and problem solver looking to add my value to the world. I have read MJ's book 3+ times and am absolutely obsessed with finding the fast lane, being able to live a life free from servitude, and being able to provide for the people around me. Recently, I had a light bulb business idea and I am very eager to pursue it! The only problem is; I have no start up cash or expertise in marketing. I would love to take this head on with someone. The idea will allow us to travel and live an awesome life while providing the world with an amazing solution to a problem. PM me for more details about the idea.. I would LOVE to tackle this with you. Thanks

- Jay

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
I won't be the one to shoot you down, but rather offer some constructive advice. Successful investors aren't going to seek you out as they have plenty of opportunities in front of them everyday as it is. Your light bulb idea is one of millions and while you have more credence than some (seeing as you are on this forum and you've read the book a few times), it is still less credence than others and not enough information to earn you a spot with a solid investor. To help out your potential investors, I would consider making the following information more clear in order to benefit both yourself and your potential investor:

1) Which industry is it in / should your potential investor have experience in? Do you have experience in this industry? Which leads me to...
2) What's your background to make this successful? You don't have cash or marketing, so you gotta bring something to the table because ideas don't make money, processes do.
2) Do you need an investor for $5,000 or $500,000?

I know most of the details you wish to discuss in private and that's absolutely fine. No need to do a shark tank esque pitch on a forum, but I think you'd increase your odds of success if there was a little more information.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
6 posts and you are looking for investors for your brilliant idea.......

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Read the rules on the About page. Namely this one...

No Solicitation for Investors and/or Money.
This forum is not to be used for solicitation of investors, money, startup capital, or any type of funding. This is not a crowdfunding website. While we cannot prevent you from forming and establishing positive relationships, you cannot actively post any type of solicitation here seeking money for any purpose. The best way to seek beneficial relationships is to establish a reputation here at the forum.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
PM ME and pitch me. I wont give you money but i can help if your idea is so great. I want to hear your pitch. Got one shot

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Please elaborate on a few specific things you have innovated.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
pick_me_kitten.jpeg

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Hey haters,

OP never once asked for money. He merely stated he had none.

Is everyone so jaded on these forums they refuse to take of their pink sunglasses?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey haters,

Is everyone so jaded on these forums they refuse to take of their pink sunglasses?

It comes down to this. Everyone has ideas. My mother (who turns 71 today) has a million unexecuted ideas. The guy working at the bagel shop has ideas. The corporate executive who can't escape the 70 hour/week grind... has ideas.

It's how you take the ideas off of the paper and bring them to volition that brings life it it.

I had a family member approach me with his idea. It was so brilliant. But.. there was a catch. He had no money, no experience, and no value add other than his idea. So his plan? Share the brilliant idea with me (because, I have spare time, right...?), and partner with me on it. He brings the idea, I bring the cash and the experience. Together, I bring this frankenstein to life. In this one, he actually proposed that I do everything, then just bring him in once it started to gel.

The OP's post was respectful, engaging, and earnest. He deserves a huge break as he is 18 years old, and just to be thinking about freedom at his age is awesome. When I was his age, all I was thinking about was the upcoming weekend.

I hope he realizes his dreams. However, this forum is not the place you will find someone to invest in your dreams. Nobody cares. They have unrealized dreams of their own to navigate. Nobody is sitting around with extra time and money, just waiting for an opportunity to fall into their laps to invest their time and experience in.

Life doesn't work that way. However, the OP is just at the very beginning of what hopefully will be a successful journey. This thread is part of it. He's not going to find a partner here... and OP if your idea is that good, be careful in who you exchange it with on the forum. You have no protection. There's a lot of people in the world that would take full advantage of your lack of knowledge to exploit it for their own gain at your expense.

That being said, go get 'em, kid. The world is out there for you to find.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Note 1: I love when people say they have a "profitable idea" or "lucrative idea". Ideas aren't profitable or lucrative. They are static and cheap. Execution, intellect and assets are lucrative and profitable. Not ideas.

This thread is part of it. He's not going to find a partner here... and OP if your idea is that good, be careful in who you exchange it with on the forum. You have no protection. There's a lot of people in the world that would take full advantage of your lack of knowledge to exploit it for their own gain at your expense.
Note 2: I agree with your above post aside from this small bit. I feel pretty strongly about this, which is the only reason I say something.

People around here are a little too guarded. How can you say in one breath that ideas are worthless, then in another breath tell someone to be cautious with whom they share those worthless ideas?

Everyone who has ever helped me, stranger or otherwise, has known exactly what I do...and knew exactly how they can help. Same goes for everyone I ever helped.

How can we expect to get any real guidance without being open about what we do and the challenges we face?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How can you say in one breath that ideas are worthless, then in another breath tell someone to be cautious with whom they share those worthless ideas?

Probably because there is a high probability that someone here who can execute it.

The problem is, the dudes with the *ideas* aren't the executors.

Hence why the "idea guy" comes out of the woodwork hoping to find execution guy lurking around...

then in another breath tell someone to be cautious with whom they share those worthless ideas?

An idea in the early stages of execution is no longer an idea. This is why if you just launched something and sold $X thousands in the first few weeks, you'd be playing with fire and inviting a bunch of mosquitos into your bedroom. Take for example, "dicks by mail" and the glitter bomb crap, once it was known that that garbage had viral interest, a bunch of idea-hoppers jumped on the bangwagon.

@throttleforward took an INE (IDEA) and is now executing it with some great success. He isn't talking about it openly here probably because he knows 100 random people on the street won't execute it, but 100 random people here? You might have 5 or 6 anonymous lurkers who will go "Oooh, let me copy this!"

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey haters,

Oh please. He doesn't get off on a technicality, lol. The purpose of this thread was to get a partner to fund his idea.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There are repetitive examples on the forum of people who have come here expressly to steal ideas, thinking the magic was in the ideas, not the execution.

It's not about having a fear of competition. Many of the businesses I know of and the members here on the forum behind the screen names aren't worried about competition. It's more the pain in the a$$ factor of extinguishing an incapable pain in the a$$. Intellectual theft is not immune from causing someone to do extra work. In several cases, it has come directly at the expense of someone who tried to help using illustrative personal examples. In nearly all cases but one that I can think of, the thief ends up losing... because the secrets lie within the execution.

If you know, from experience, that the person you are corresponding with... is decent, than by all means, share what ever you need to share in order to gain what ever it is you need to gain.

Realize there are dozens of thousands of visitors to this site every month that never post. Never expose their identity to anyone other than the mods. Never step out of the shadows. A new poster here might never realize that the person they are corresponding with has nefarious intentions.

If you are a veteran poster here, share what ever you want, how ever you want, with whomever you want.

My admonition is mostly for inexperienced, new posters here. Not everyone stalking these posts has the best of intentions. Forum history demands a certain degree of due diligence. There's an entire thread on the forum warning people to safeguard themselves. It's not just to spook people. Nearly every time you see that bumped by the mods, it is typically because something is happening behind the scenes causing us to remind people that they need to take great caution.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I had a business once that was in it's infancy when it was picked up by a website with less reach than the Millionaire Fast Lane.

In six months, it had been replicated, copied and imitated 50 times across the United States and even a few times internationally (violate the elements of ENTRY and CONTROL, but that is a different topic.)

The business was a bust. It was a bust for me, and for the 50 imitators that capitalized on a new idea in it's infancy. I actually enjoyed watching every one of them writhe in pain until they one by one all went out of business.

However, if you think people aren't waiting in the shadows to take an idea and outmaneuver it's creator, you are delusional.

There's a time and a place for disclosure. It's not every idea, to every PM from every screen name. In many instances, you don't know who you are dealing with.

Oh please. He doesn't get off on a technicality, lol. The purpose of this thread was to get a partner to fund his idea.

He's 18. That's the technicality he gets off with.

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So the rules don't apply to 18 year olds?

No, they apply to everyone. I think he just means the lynch mob should be sent back to the barn.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012

OK I'm curious, am I being naive or are you being jaded?

Think we need to the OP to clarify his intentions...

G

GuestUser113

OK I'm curious, am I being naive or are you being jaded?

Think we need to the OP to clarify his intentions...

"The only problem is; I have no start up cash or expertise in marketing. I would love to take this head on with someone. The idea will allow us to travel and live an awesome life while providing the world with an amazing solution to a problem. PM me for more details about the idea.. I would LOVE to tackle this with you."

No Solicitation for Investors and/or Money.
This forum is not to be used for solicitation of investors, money, startup capital, or any type of funding. This is not a crowdfunding website. While we cannot prevent you from forming and establishing positive relationships, you cannot actively post any type of solicitation here seeking money for any purpose. The best way to seek beneficial relationships is to establish a reputation here at the forum.

How do you miss that? He is clearly asking someone from this FORUM to go in business with him. Pretty easy to understand his motives here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Thank man, appreciated.

See that's the personal touch you get on the forum. I mean I'm still waiting for Disney to tell me how much they appreciate all those times I've watched Frozen.

Lets not even start on that Holiday weekend the cable network had all five Twilight movies on repeat. That was a low point.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
You could check Co founder labs if your looking for a partner.

Jack Andraka was able to finally get funding after 199 rejections and he wasn't proven. 15 years old and went on to discover a cheaper, faster, more effective way to detect some cancers.

Jay Croft

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 21, 2014
Seattle, WA
Wow.. Didn't think this thread would stir up all these comments. I was merely looking for someone who wanted to attack an idea with me. I was NOT looking for funds. The only reason I created this thread was to reach out to people who would genuinely be interested in pursuing this with me. Since this post I have actually done everything on my own. I flipped some items on craigslist, saved up, and designed a website, hired a graphic designer, lined up promos, and found a solid manufacturer. My first sample will be here in about 5 days.

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Hey all,

My name is Jay and I am an 18 year old innovator and problem solver looking to add my value to the world. I have read MJ's book 3+ times and am absolutely obsessed with finding the fast lane, being able to live a life free from servitude, and being able to provide for the people around me. Recently, I had a light bulb business idea and I am very eager to pursue it! The only problem is; I have no start up cash or expertise in marketing. I would love to take this head on with someone. The idea will allow us to travel and live an awesome life while providing the world with an amazing solution to a problem. PM me for more details about the idea.. I would LOVE to tackle this with you. Thanks

- Jay
Hold on, by Light bulb do you mean the lighting industry? or light bulb as in "Wow" business idea?

Assuming you want into the lighting market - Do you have a light bulb BUSINESS idea (store)? or a light bulb INNOVATION idea (product only)?

Wow.. Didn't think this thread would stir up all these comments. I was merely looking for someone who wanted to attack an idea with me. I was NOT looking for funds. The only reason I created this thread was to reach out to people who would genuinely be interested in pursuing this with me. Since this post I have actually done everything on my own. I flipped some items on craigslist, saved up, and designed a website, hired a graphic designer, lined up promos, and found a solid manufacturer. My first sample will be here in about 5 days.

Why are you spending money on a graphic designer at the start? I'd think most of your money should go to marketing and testing.. Graphics are the icing on the cake for most things, functionality / filling the need comes first

If it is Lighting market- there is a shitload of competition, Innovative competition. You really gotta research this, it's very packed.

Make sure you know accurately that your product is demanded over the competitors or you'll find yourself going against millions of dollars with less capital and less experience, and a product that people don't want.

All that being said, we can take this head on if you start getting market recognition - test a few sales on amazon or ebay or whatever you want - just plan it out - and after you do gain some traction I'm sure people will have interest.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012

I F*cking knew it and defended you.

Forum is jaded. Conclusion reached.

Jay Croft

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 21, 2014
Seattle, WA
Just wanted to update you all on this thread. Since I posted this, I have worked everyday to put my thoughts into motion and I have done just that. My company has profitted over $7k so far with no help from investors. Thanks to all of you ignorant people here enthralling motivation in me, and I appreciate the few who understood where I was coming from. I will continue to scale and work harder everyday until my dreams are a reality. Cheers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.