The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am looking for a Web designer

Drwakiza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2021
Hello guys,
Not sure if I am allowed to post this nor if it is the right place to do so but,
I am starting a business which is still in the idea/creation phase for I need a web designer who can help me by creating the website, managing SEO and other marketing stuff, and who would take care, with me, of the digital presence.

if you are interested please send me a DM and let's talk about it in more details.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

klaipeda

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Sep 22, 2015
Melbourne
You need a web designer to design your web app.
Regarding the SEO and digital presence, you need another kind of person.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Hello guys,
Not sure if I am allowed to post this nor if it is the right place to do so but,
I am starting a business which is still in the idea/creation phase for I need a web designer who can help me by creating the website, managing SEO and other marketing stuff, and who would take care, with me, of the digital presence.

if you are interested please send me a DM and let's talk about it in more details.

Thank you

What kind of business is it?

I only ask, as this will likely affect the kind of developer / website you need.

Ecommerce has a bunch of 'drag and drop' templates (shopify etc)
A web developer will help you with some more complex public facing website design
If you need a more bespoke software solution, then you'll need a software engineer.

Obviously with complexity comes cost.

If you decide on option 2 or 3, take the time to sketch out wireframes about how you want your site to look and the functionality you required. There are a bunch of software solutions that will help you create wireframes.. otherwise, scribble it out in a scrap book.

This will help your think critically about your idea and your customer journey, and will save a lot of design back and forth should you engage someone.

All the best

rafikadir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 8, 2021
Hello guys,

Thank you
Hello dear,
I can help you to achieve your goal. Please make a conversation with me.

Drwakiza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2021
What kind of business is it?

I only ask, as this will likely affect the kind of developer / website you need.

Ecommerce has a bunch of 'drag and drop' templates (shopify etc)
A web developer will help you with some more complex public facing website design
If you need a more bespoke software solution, then you'll need a software engineer.

Obviously with complexity comes cost.

If you decide on option 2 or 3, take the time to sketch out wireframes about how you want your site to look and the functionality you required. There are a bunch of software solutions that will help you create wireframes.. otherwise, scribble it out in a scrap book.

This will help your think critically about your idea and your customer journey, and will save a lot of design back and forth should you engage someone.

All the best
Hey Davejemmolly,
Thank you for your answer.
I would need a full stack developer for the option 2 and yes, I am currently working on a sketch for my website but I am not an expert at it

thank you for your advices, it is much appreciated

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
You need a web designer to design your web app.
Regarding the SEO and digital presence, you need another kind of person.
Yeah, these two are totally different things. Programming is very different from digital marketing. Programming takes a lot more time and competence to become really good at it.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Yeah, these two are totally different things. Programming is very different from digital marketing. Programming takes a lot more time and competence to become really good at it.

On the other hand, one could argue that almost anyone can throw together a "modern" website in half a day. The real crux is driving traffic to it that converts. So it's not fair nor relevant to say that one takes more competence than the other - both have varying demands depending on your needs.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
On the other hand, one could argue that almost anyone can throw together a "modern" website in half a day. The real crux is driving traffic to it that converts. So it's not fair nor relevant to say that one takes more competence than the other - both have varying demands depending on your needs.
What I meant is that almost any 15 year old kid can watch a WordPress tutorial on YouTube for just a couple of hours and create himself a good-looking e-commerce website. Wordpress with plugins already has done 85-90% of the work for you, you just got to adjust the content and styling to your needs and voila, you're done.

Calling yourself a good programmer just because you're good at using WordPress or Wix is not being a programmer. Those are softwares that help you tremendously when taking a random Joe out of the street and enabling him to create a website. Programming is much more than that. You got front end and back end development, which are responsible for everything that you see on the internet. When you're paying with your debit card in your local store, that card system inside the store is using some sort of relational database like Oracle to process your payment safely and efficiently.

There's so much to learn in programming, and that takes a lot of time to become good at it. Which is the reason why good programmers get paid very well, especially in California or Silicon Valley, because very few have that ability and are passionate about it. It's definitely not easy at the start since there's so much to learn but once you get it going, it's a lot of fun. I've done both, and digital marketing is a heck easier than programming.

I know far more good marketers than programmers. But then again, like you said, it all depends on what your needs are. One can call himself a digital marketing expert within 2-3 days, and the same can be said about these WordPress designers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.