The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am having a hard time thinking of a need

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Everyday whenever i do or see something i always think how can i make doing this easier or make something already invented better. I still cant think of anything. Its so annoying!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Well I want to encourage you to keep going and keep trying.

Not sure why you started the thread maybe you thought someone would offer up a need to fill?

If you answer the following I will do what I can to help you find a need.

List 3 of your hobbies or sports.

What are the 2 or 3 types of TV you watch? Such as UFC, Reality TV and Soap Operas :)

What is your VERY most favorite class in school?

What is your VERY first memory in you life?

Have you ever had a job, and if so what was it?

What is the first website you go to when you first turn on your computer?
Second site you go to?

Do you belong to any forums and if so what is the subject area?

Ok that is all for now.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
There are more million-dollar opportunities than there are million-dollar entrepreneurs. The needs are out there. But, if you need a tip, take it from good ol' 'Two Dad' Kiyosaki: "The don't wants make the wants".

What do you absolutely hate doing or experiencing that you find yourself doing or experiencing anyway? This could be at work, at home, doing a hobby, et cetera.

Example: I'm a martial artist and I practice barefoot. I find the martial arts shoes uncomfortable, plus, I can't compete wearing them. However, I tend to develop blisters on my toes and the ball of my foot. Currently, they have these socks that help a little bit that expose the heel to keep traction but they still don't work very well and I find myself slipping a lot in them. I've tried gauze wraps to help me out, but I have to always replace them. It's a pain, especially when the blisters get infected.

You see what I did there? I uncovered a point of discontent. Now, it's time to figure out who else has this problem. I will then go onto a martial arts forum, set up a survey, ask my teammates, ask other martial artists that I know, if this is a problem for them and how they go about helping it. If there are a substantial number of people that have this problem and are looking for a better solution, I may just have uncovered a need! (This part is not to be overlooked, otherwise you're taking a crapshoot out of nowhere) Now, based on the responses received, we must figure out what our market looks like. Is it a million-dollar need? Possibly.

Now, what are the criteria that this need needs to fulfill?

1. It needs to protect my toes and the ball of my foot from blisters.
2. It needs to be comfortable.
3. It must not hinder me during practicing or competition.
4. They must be washable and must not need too much replacing.
5. They must be able to stay on my foot AND they must be able to keep traction on the ground.

Now that I've found a need, I must go about making a viable prototype. And that is how I just found a need!

MJ has a video about this.

[video=youtube;vMpXciqvlPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMpXciqvlPI&feature=plcp[/video]

Note: I have made the conscious decision to not pick this idea at this present time. So if someone else decides to pick it and makes millions off of it, that's just how it was meant to be.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
1. Basketball, paintball, videogames

2. NBA, NFL, Shark Tank

3. History

4. My friend hitting me for taking his toy gun.

5. Nope

6. Faccebook and then this forum or youtube

7. Paintball forum and a school forum

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Find a way to make bubble bath foam, colored, instead of just white foam, without it staining, and I'm sure you will make allot of money :)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
1. Basketball, paintball, videogames

2. NBA, NFL, Shark Tank

3. History

4. My friend hitting me for taking his toy gun.

5. Nope

6. Faccebook and then this forum or youtube

7. Paintball forum and a school forum

OK GREAT! Definitely looks like shooting holds a major place in your life and you already being on a forum helps a lot.

Does the forum have any sponsors?

Would you possibly consider making and/or selling products on that paintball forum or other paintball forums?

You could always start selling other companies products with the idea that you are going to save money to be able to manufacture or have your own items manufactured and growing that brand.

Entrepking

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 24, 2012
This is one of the most difficult aspects of business. If we were all able to come up with these types of ideas we'd all be millionaires! I can't tell you which idea to come up with, but there are a few things that you can do to help:

Be Annoyed - Think of things that really bother you. You are likely not alone and this can be the perfect way to come up with a solution.

Think Young - Children have a grandiose view of the world, and adults tend to lose that. Most inventions are simply a product of simplicity and imagination.

Bounce Ideas - If you have peers with the same goals as you, bounce ideas off of them. Two heads are better than one, and a concerted effort can sometimes be the best approach.

Focus on the Problem - Don't pay too much attention to existing solutions designed to solve your problem. Oftentimes people get caught up in improving an existing solution, and it's better to start with a clean slate and fresh approach.

Hope some of these help!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
How about you create a business that gives other aspiring entrepreneurs ideas for businesses? I bet you can agree there is a need there ;)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Everyday whenever i do or see something i always think how can i make doing this easier or make something already invented better. I still cant think of anything. Its so annoying!

You do not need to reinvent the wheel.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I would hire this lady for comedy acts

Create a youtube channel acting like her, and watch your views go up. There's your need.

[video=youtube;ewm67iusm6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewm67iusm6I&feature=related[/video]

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
I would hire this lady for comedy acts

Create a youtube channel acting like her, and watch your views go up. There's your need.

[video=youtube;ewm67iusm6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewm67iusm6I&feature=related[/video]

Good old MARTA..Comedy on every trip

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.