The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am From India 24 year old Stuck in life Need Advice

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Hey hi Fastlaner's I am piyush 24 year undergrad , I am single person no mom-dad, living In my sisters house. Have hunger to become millionaire , and willingness to learn, fail, get punched on face.

I learnt spoting patterns of thumbnails and video topics which gets lots of views on YouTube. Since last 5 years I have been consuming YouTube videos..

Practicing on communication

I need your help and advice guys, is dropshipping is good model to do it in India it doesn't fit in CENTS Framework,

But as I am observing many people are making a fortune from it, so wants to know is it worth giving time and efforts to it.

Currently I am in collage 2nd year, computer engineering, local university..

Throw some advice, wisdom on me I'll use every bit of it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Everyone does drop shipping. Plus I think people selling drop shipping courses make more money than the actual people dropshipping.

Is there something you've come across in your life that annoys you/ is frustrating/ is difficult/ or is just irritating? Find a problem, create a solution.

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Everyone does drop shipping. Plus I think people selling drop shipping courses make more money than the actual people dropshipping.

Is there something you've come across in your life that annoys you/ is frustrating/ is difficult/ or is just irritating? Find a problem, create a solution.
thanks for taking your time for me @Spenny it means a lot to me.

ya i got your point..

ya sure that's going to be my mantra.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I learnt spoting patterns of thumbnails and video topics which gets lots of views on YouTube. Since last 5 years I have been consuming YouTube videos..
I've tested this business model and it works. I got 3 "yeses" by sending 10 emails, which is very little. All 3 were interested in the full service after the trial. I dropped them because I can't do 1000 things, unfortunately, and this was a distraction. But the business works like magic. Very easy sales.

Tried to sell the domain (I own viralthumbnails.com & viralthumbnail.com but no one wants to buy unfortunately... they don't know what they're missing lol. This is a fastlane business right here).

1. Find emails of YouTube channels in the About section for each channel.
2. Use close.com, a similar service, or any @yourdomain.com email account to send them a cold email. Here are the scripts:
First email
"{{firstName}}, {{personalized line}}

We create thumbnails for YouTube influencers looking to maximise their chance of going viral. Here is a link to some examples.

Would you be interested to test our service for free with your next video? All you have to do is send us the video title and a script or footage before release. Then if you want to continue, we'll discuss pricing. Do you want to give it a go?

Best Regards,
Your Name
LinkedIn | Website"

-- personalized first line will be something SPECIFIC about their channel/content, usually a compliment. For example: "Just watched your video about mindset, and I really liked the visualization exercise you gave that shows how your belief influences your potential and what you can achieve." Use an excel + custom merge tags to insert them automatically after you prepare them in excel.

Second email 2 days after
"{{firstName}}, just reached out a couple of days back, and haven't heard back from you?"

MAKE SURE TO QUOTE PREVIOUS EMAIL SO IT DOESN'T LOOK AUTOMATED!

Third email 3 days after
"I haven't heard anything from you so this will be my final email, I don't mean to be an annoyance.

I just thought you'd be curious to see how a viral thumbnail we create can impact your views on your next video. It's all free of charge, and you only continue if you're happy with the result.

We can work in parallel with whatever process you have in place to create the thumbnail now. All we need is the title of the video and a script or footage so that we know what the video is about. Turnaround in 2 days max.

Best Regards,
Your Name
LinkedIn | Website"
3. Do the free thumbnail for one of their videos.
4. Get on a call (or send an email if you suck on calls) and propose them a rate. I suggest a monthly subscription giving them access to 4 thumbnails for $250/mo, $445/mo for 8 thumbnails, and $650/mo for 12 thumbnails.
5. Use stripe/paypal or similar service and get the subscription set up.

Start taking action buddy. Send me $10K when you've scaled to $50K/mo ;).

And you only have one serious competitor (apart from all the Fiverr idiots): Pricing - Custom Thumbnails (PS, they're not very good, I tried the service, and you can even outsource thumbnail creation to Fiverr. I tested about 50 freelancers there, and found the best one. I also have full SOPs for this business, so I literarily hold "a business in a box" so to speak)

The only question here isn't if this works. It's if YOU will take action on it. Or you'll let it slide by. Or give up. Because if you DO take action, it WILL work.

Last edited:

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
But as I am observing many people are making a fortune from it, so wants to know is it worth giving time and efforts to it.
Many people are making fortunes from it, but they make it through a long and enduring process. It's possible, but it is not easy money.

Are you willing to go through that long and enduring process? It's worth the time and effort if you do.

Keep in mind though, you can make fortunes from literally anything you can think of with a particular skill set as long as you can 1) think of the angle and value you are going to provide a service/product 2) Put in the time until you make it work and 3) quit that money-chasing bullshit because it clogs your mind of problems you can solve in plain sight.
I learnt spoting patterns of thumbnails and video topics which gets lots of views on YouTube.
You seem like you know how to provide value for this type of service. One of the responders above was kind enough to outline what you should do with your experience.

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
I've tested this business model and it works. I got 3 "yeses" by sending 10 emails, which is very little. All 3 were interested in the full service after the trial. I dropped them because I can't do 1000 things, unfortunately, and this was a distraction. But the business works like magic. Very easy sales.

Tried to sell the domain (I own viralthumbnails.com & viralthumbnail.com but no one wants to buy unfortunately... they don't know what they're missing lol. This is a fastlane business right here).

1. Find emails of YouTube channels in the About section for each channel.
2. Use close.com, a similar service, or any @yourdomain.com email account to send them a cold email. Here are the scripts:

3. Do the free thumbnail for one of their videos.
4. Get on a call (or send an email if you suck on calls) and propose them a rate. I suggest a monthly subscription giving them access to 4 thumbnails for $250/mo, $445/mo for 8 thumbnails, and $650/mo for 12 thumbnails.
5. Use stripe/paypal or similar service and get the subscription set up.

Start taking action buddy. Send me $10K when you've scaled to $50K/mo ;).

And you only have one serious competitor (apart from all the Fiverr idiots): Pricing - Custom Thumbnails (PS, they're not very good, I tried the service, and you can even outsource thumbnail creation to Fiverr. I tested about 50 freelancers there, and found the best one. I also have full SOPs for this business, so I literarily hold "a business in a box" so to speak)

The only question here isn't if this works. It's if YOU will take action on it. Or you'll let it slide by. Or give up. Because if you DO take action, it WILL work.

Hey @Black_Dragon43 thanku so much for your time and this amezing idea. it's good to know that you have already tested it and it works..

you gave me the entire business, i'll dwell deep into it..

as i have found Justin and Cassiopia Evans are the founder of customthumbnails, looing for their podcast or interview but not found any

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Many people are making fortunes from it, but they make it through a long and enduring process. It's possible, but it is not easy money.

Are you willing to go through that long and enduring process? It's worth the time and effort if you do.

Keep in mind though, you can make fortunes from literally anything you can think of with a particular skill set as long as you can 1) think of the angle and value you are going to provide a service/product 2) Put in the time until you make it work and 3) quit that money-chasing bullshit because it clogs your mind of problems you can solve in plain sight.

You seem like you know how to provide value for this type of service. One of the responders above was kind enough to outline what you should do with your experience.
Hey hii @Matt Lee ya i am willing to go through that long and enduring process, i am not saying just for sake, i am ready to go through process.

ya saved your all 4 points in brain, and will get on it often. ya my main goal is to solve some problem real a$$ problem as @Black_Dragon43 mentioned above

ya yes at the moment i can provide value in youtube related services, and @Black_Dragon43 is kind enough to outline the enitre model i thank him for that from bottom of the my heart.

will get to you guys as move further and will seek you advice

thank you

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
hey amigo, nice felix dennis avatar, i love his book

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Can you remind me what he said about Felix Dennis in the great rat race escape ? I listened to the audiobook before I learned about Felix and I don't recall what he said exactly.
he reflected on the philosophy of felix dennis by mentioning his name , Here are the line by MJ

Accept your entrepreneurial role as a problemologist who project-manages solutions. As the famous UK entrepreneur Felix Dennis once alluded, his job as an entrepreneur wasn’t to do spectacular things; it was to hire those who can do the spectacular things for him

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
he reflected on the philosophy of felix dennis by mentioning his name , Here are the line by MJ

Accept your entrepreneurial role as a problemologist who project-manages solutions. As the famous UK entrepreneur Felix Dennis once alluded, his job as an entrepreneur wasn’t to do spectacular things; it was to hire those who can do the spectacular things for him
Thanks!! Very true, Felix Dennis repeats that point constantly. Delegate, delegate, delegate.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hey hi Fastlaner's I am piyush 24 year undergrad , I am single person no mom-dad, living In my sisters house. Have hunger to become millionaire , and willingness to learn, fail, get punched on face.

Practicing on communication

I need your help and advice guys, is dropshipping is good model to do it in India it doesn't fit in CENTS Framework,

Currently I am in collage 2nd year, computer engineering, local university..

Throw some advice, wisdom on me I'll use every bit of it
Dude, just do something. You're only 24 years old, what are you waiting for?

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Dude, just do something. You're only 24 years old, what are you waiting for?
Thanks @Martin Z for remanding me I am just 24 ..

Sometimes it feels like I am an looser, doing nothing in life, but from last 1month I took charge of my life , and every day I am taking it on track

Thanks for remanding me I am still young

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Thanks @Martin Z for remanding me I am just 24 ..

Sometimes it feels like I am an looser, doing nothing in life, but from last 1month I took charge of my life , and every day I am taking it on track

Thanks for remanding me I am still young
I know exactly how you feel man. When nothing is working for you it can be tempting to quit and just live a normal life like everybody else.

The best advice I can give you is to start being conscious of your choices on a daily basis and make sure to have some big goals for this year. MJ DeMarco has a good strategy that is available on YouTube or here on the forum.

And MOST importantly, make sure to start small with your endeavors(don't confuse it with setting small goals though, thanks to @fastlane_dad for letting me be aware of this). What I mean by this is to set some goals that you know you can achieve this month, this week. You need to have a balance here because it's very tempting to only focus on the big picture 5-10 years from now (have a bigass yacht, have 10 exotic cars or $50m in the bank) BUT you need to also have these small wins on a consistant basis, ideally daily that is behind any big goal achievemnt.

Because when you win everyday, you'll eventually get to a point where you know it's possible for you to achieve your goals.

It's just like telling a 100 pound, unfit obese person that he's going to run a marathon this year. He's never going to believe that UNLESS he progresses everyday.

At the start of his journey, he may only be able to walk a mile for 3 days. The next week he walks 4 times , and then 5 times and so on. The next month, he may start to jog a little bit in between until he's able to run a full mile, and then all of a sudden after 3 months he can run a mile consistently! Then he can increase his mileage to 2 miles, 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles, 40 miles etc. And so now he'll You see where I'm going with this? NOW IT'S POSSIBLE FOR HIM.

It's the same thing with making money. DON'T focus on the million dollars or the ten million dollars, but how can you make an extra $30 a day, which is roughly $1000 a month. Once you do that, focus on how you can make an extra $2000 a month or $60 a day. Then $4,000 a month, $8,000 a month, $20,000 a month, $50,000 a month, $100,000 a month, $250,000 a month and so on... Because now it'll be natural for you.

I'm currently using something that's called the power list by Andy Frisella for almost 1.5 years now. It's a very powerful thing to get you going. These videos might help you out brother =>

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
I know exactly how you feel man. When nothing is working for you it can be tempting to quit and just live a normal life like everybody else.

The best advice I can give you is to start being conscious of your choices on a daily basis and make sure to have some big goals for this year. MJ DeMarco has a good strategy that is available on YouTube or here on the forum.

And MOST importantly, make sure to start small with your endeavors(don't confuse it with setting small goals though, thanks to @fastlane_dad for letting me be aware of this). What I mean by this is to set some goals that you know you can achieve this month, this week. You need to have a balance here because it's very tempting to only focus on the big picture 5-10 years from now (have a bigass yacht, have 10 exotic cars or $50m in the bank) BUT you need to also have these small wins on a consistant basis, ideally daily that is behind any big goal achievemnt.

Because when you win everyday, you'll eventually get to a point where you know it's possible for you to achieve your goals.

It's just like telling a 100 pound, unfit obese person that he's going to run a marathon this year. He's never going to believe that UNLESS he progresses everyday.

At the start of his journey, he may only be able to walk a mile for 3 days. The next week he walks 4 times , and then 5 times and so on. The next month, he may start to jog a little bit in between until he's able to run a full mile, and then all of a sudden after 3 months he can run a mile consistently! Then he can increase his mileage to 2 miles, 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles, 40 miles etc. And so now he'll You see where I'm going with this? NOW IT'S POSSIBLE FOR HIM.

It's the same thing with making money. DON'T focus on the million dollars or the ten million dollars, but how can you make an extra $30 a day, which is roughly $1000 a month. Once you do that, focus on how you can make an extra $2000 a month or $60 a day. Then $4,000 a month, $8,000 a month, $20,000 a month, $50,000 a month, $100,000 a month, $250,000 a month and so on... Because now it'll be natural for you.

I'm currently using something that's called the power list by Andy Frisella for almost 1.5 years now. It's a very powerful thing to get you going. These videos might help you out brother =>

I felt your each word,

As I was just dwelling on my thought, how can I achieve my Escape Number, and was overthinking on it.

But then @fastlane_dad @NeoDialectic @Johnny boy and other forum members adviced me,

Don't just focus on that wild number, but think on how can you make extra dollar and then build up on that

Do lil math and find the ways to achieve that number
And ya yes as you said I'll just start doing something in which I am good and then will slowly move mile by mile dollar by dollar

Your anology gave complete understanding to me and I will build up self confidence by this method, and it will be easy for me in terms of making it work as I starts earning $30 to $1000 and so on....

Ya I will watch those videos, my brain needs it now

Thanku for valuable Advice sir

Boy Muhammad

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 10, 2022
Kebbi, Nigeria
Write down your core goals on a sheet of paper and give yourself a score from one to ten, say you pick fitness, on a scale of one to ten, where are you currently?

Where do you want to be?

What do you have to do to get there?

Do this for all of your core goals and start making progress everyday, keep a journal where you track your progress.

You will notice that just like water hyacinth does to a still pond, your life will transform into what you've envisioned it to be.

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Write down your core goals on a sheet of paper and give yourself a score from one to ten, say you pick fitness, on a scale of one to ten, where are you currently?

Where do you want to be?

What do you have to do to get there?

Do this for all of your core goals and start making progress everyday, keep a journal where you track your progress.

You will notice that just like water hyacinth does to a still pond, your life will transform into what you've envisioned it to be.
Hey @Moon Child Thanku for adding this one

It's pretty good model to track myself .

sujit1717

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 15, 2022
Hello,

I am from Haryana India too. Welcome, brother. You are just 24. Learn any skill, Graphics designing or Writing. Anything that suits you. Focus on the process for the next 2 years without action faking.

Regards,
Sujit

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
My advice
* Get skilled in coding, make portfolio of work, get good at Algo Ds and you are good. That's your safety net. (23 India, I know people with 2 YOE make 50lakh/anum)
With(and, not or)
* Follow the advice on thread, focus and go small. Try making your first 50 USD from a side project within this month. Gain some momentum.

Just put in the effort.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!