The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hyperinflation starting? What's happening in your area? Post your ground reports.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
For those of you with cars that are now way up in price - are you thinking of selling?

I am tempted to offload what I have and just free as much cash up as possible for any incoming deals on property.
I thought about selling my truck which could get me $10k before taxes.

I didn't because I thought there's a good chance I'd give that money back and more to some sharky car dealer with low inventory when I buy to replace.

I got the car as a lease when dealers were desperate for sales during the beginning of the lockdowns so I managed to lock down a great residual.

I recently bought the car without a dealership involved too so I was able to avoid the dealer marking up that transaction by thousands of dollars as I've heard happen to others doing lease buyouts during this time.

But the risk/reward for me wasn't worth selling at this time.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Petrol just hit $2.50 a litre in my hometown in Australia.
Gobsmacked.
$2.50 x 3.785ish liters per gallon = $9.46+ per gallon for us Americans. Yikes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Have a feeling a black swan event is going to come if this continues.
Everyone will call it a black swan, despite being totally predictable.

It's like watching a ship sink in slow motion, or a plane fall in slow motion.

Good news is, it's likely just another cycle. It will happen again and again. But the part that isn't a cycle is the continuous march upwards towards things getting more expensive while buying power lessens...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Suggests that real inflation is more like 15-19%, which IMO, is more reflective of the reality on the ground. Every price increase I encounter is not 6%, it's 15-20%.

Real inflation isn't measured by Food, water, petrol/gas, fuel, or housing is it...
The criminals will remove them from the CPI calculation and include other junk to say:
''oh look inflation is only 5%!''

I am seeing at minimum about a 15% increase across the stuff that matters in Australia.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Irish inflation reached 9.6% in June - Eurostat

It's hotting up even more. Looks like we're in for a crazy winter in Europe. I saw a post about how all the wood burners are sold out in Germany already. People are preparing for shortages in energy especially gas. Putin will have maximum leverage come October time to cut Europe off.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Putin will have maximum leverage come October time to cut Europe off.
I can't believe how utterly stupid european bureaucrats are with their freaking sanctions seriously. Putin has never made more money with his oil than now, selling it to India and friends (and rightfully so). He could unplug Europe tomorrow if he wanted. No energy means EVERYTHING stops. Total madness.

On top of this, until now we were paying our energy with worthless euros the ECB was printing in its basement, now we have to somehow find dollars to buy it elsewhere, against which the euro lost 15% in the last year. Absolute geniuses.

Last edited:

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
This is my very uneducated opinion and I'd love if anyone else has more facts and figures to argue in favour or against this. Should the US and Europe be ending fossil fuel sanctions on Russia, Iran and Venezuela. Surely it would be more advantageous to flood the market with more supply. Even if those regimes generate a windfall from these fossil fuels they will still be falling behind overall in every other area of their economies. Fossil fuels are on the way out, within 5-10 years the utter reliance on these producer countries will be gone anyways.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I can't believe how utterly stupid european bureaucrats are with their freaking sanctions seriously. Putin has never made more money with his oil than now, selling it to India and friends (and rightfully so). He could unplug Europe tomorrow if he wanted. No energy means EVERYTHING stops. Total madness.

On top of this, until now we were paying our energy with worthless euros the ECB was printing in its basement, now we have to somehow find dollars to buy it elsewhere, against which the euro lost 15% in the last year. Absolute geniuses.
Well, sometimes pointless virtue signalling costs money in the real world. But I'm sure European leaders have a plan to keep people warm this winter - can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsdown:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is my very uneducated opinion and I'd love if anyone else has more facts and figures to argue in favour or against this. Should the US and Europe be ending fossil fuel sanctions on Russia, Iran and Venezuela. Surely it would be more advantageous to flood the market with more supply. Even if those regimes generate a windfall from these fossil fuels they will still be falling behind overall in every other area of their economies. Fossil fuels are on the way out, within 5-10 years the utter reliance on these producer countries will be gone anyways.
Reagan did this in the 80's - actually, his head of the CIA got with the Saudis and convinced them to flood the oil market - destroying the Soviet Union. Pretty genius.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I thought India had high price(1.40$ a litre) but damn thats almost twice.
New Zealand has been over $3 for months, it was $1.60 in Australia and $3 there for a while. I was laughing at all my mates in New Zealand sending them the prices here, now we’ve voted Australia’s joe Biden in and now it’s $2.20. I knew they were waiting till after the election. Not so funny anymore. Interest rates going up too.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
New Zealand has been over $3 for months, it was $1.60 in Australia and $3 there for a while. I was laughing at all my mates in New Zealand sending them the prices here, now we’ve voted Australia’s joe Biden in and now it’s $2.20. I knew they were waiting till after the election. Not so funny anymore. Interest rates going up too.

It ranges from $2.10 - $2.50 a litre around my area in Melbourne.

$3 EOY?

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Yeah, they wait till their shit(election) gets done and then start their real shitshow. "Flags may be different but methods are the same". Our government is no different.
Our government wants to push EV as much as possible thats why this rapid inflation in price is occurring.
Besides do you really think heavy industrialisation and rapid growth of automobile industry can somehow empty the earths fossil fuel tank in just 100 or 200 years, cause i dont. They say fuel will end in just about 40 to 50 years from now if we use it at the rate we are using. And EV's are really not affordable to everyone (at least quality EVs).
Yeah and interest rates are also increasing on house loan and all.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
selling it to India and friends (and rightfully so)
thank you for bringing this up.

I have told different kinds of people, that india and russia are joined at the hip. india does not owe the US anything. (Just because goddamn gates has his codemonkey slaves over there doesnt mean anything). India and russia relations go back well over a millenia...

Lest not forget that USA purposefully partnered with pakistan instead of india in the 80s (which funded osama etc) to start a proxy war due to india/ussr ties.... So no, india values russia over the usa at this point (whether it is smart or not is another debatable topic)

just business mother F*ckers nothing more nothing less.

on another note, no one has the right to complain. gas in norway has topped at 30 kr (in my city Bergen) a liter x 3.785 = 113.5nok which is 11.10USD a gallon... No wonder tesla is now the number one sold car this year here.... and the funny thing is..... norway HAS OIL!!!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
norway HAS OIL!!!!
Please don't think of me rude for laughing, but Hahahahahahahahahaha.

The absurdity of the world we live in now is mind blowing.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well this seems like a fair price for a steak... Keep in mind this is Canadian per kg. Still... Just insane.

20220718_192609.jpg

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The price is $61or $21 ?
$21.48

It's $61.71 per kg, he bought 0.348kg x 61 = $21.48

Prices in my neck of the woods (Ottawa, Ontario) are insane as well for groceries. Seems like just about everything is a few bucks more than I'd expect. Just about every order I do is about 50-100% more than I would typically guess it to be.

Gas hovers around $2 per liter around here.

I wanted to buy a new monitor recently for the kids, to give them each two monitors in their room. The SAME one I bought for $180 6 months back is now $285.

Basically everything has gone up in cost as far as I can tell. Luckily my family isn't too worried but I can see how some lesser off people would be pulling their hair out as they tighten their belts...

Sell-me-this-pen

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2022
$21.48

It's $61.71 per kg, he bought 0.348kg x 61 = $21.48

Prices in my neck of the woods (Ottawa, Ontario) are insane as well for groceries. Seems like just about everything is a few bucks more than I'd expect. Just about every order I do is about 50-100% more than I would typically guess it to be.

Gas hovers around $2 per liter around here.

I wanted to buy a new monitor recently for the kids, to give them each two monitors in their room. The SAME one I bought for $180 6 months back is now $285.

Basically everything has gone up in cost as far as I can tell. Luckily my family isn't too worried but I can see how some lesser off people would be pulling their hair out as they tighten their belts...
Damnn bro , seems like Inflation is hard in Canada atm .

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Well this seems like a fair price for a steak... Keep in mind this is Canadian per kg. Still... Just insane.

View attachment 44455
Senator Tuberville, on the committee of agriculture, has bet big on commodity futures in cattle, corn, and a few more in the US... INSIDERS trading? Idk but apparently he believes pretty strongly that food is going to get scarce in the US, too.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Damnn bro , seems like Inflation is hard in Canada atm .

The World Economic Forum Force is strong in Canada. Klaus Schwab controls the Imperial Senate and the last remnants of the Old Republic are in ruin. As liberty died, Canadians responded with thunderous applause. :rofl:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Senator Tuberville, on the committee of agriculture, has bet big on commodity futures in cattle, corn, and a few more in the US... INSIDERS trading? Idk but apparently he believes pretty strongly that food is going to get scarce in the US, too.
I will be buying a deep freezer and a while or half cow soon. I think for a few $1000 it’s going to be good piece of mind knowing it’s there.

Anyone who has a few $1000 and doesn’t know what to invest in. Aside from your own business you’re not going to get any return worth bothering about so I’d just be stocking up on food and essentials. Unlike stocks you can guarantee it’s only going to go up

Sell-me-this-pen

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2022
The World Economic Forum Force is strong in Canada. Klaus Schwab controls the Imperial Senate and the last remnants of the Old Republic are in ruin. As liberty died, Canadians responded with thunderous applause. :rofl:
Haha sad but true ...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.