The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Humor me please: If you were to commission a painting,

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 11, 2019
Saint Joseph, MI
I almost commissioned this about 15 years ago. It was inspired from the opening of Titanic (footage from inside the actual sunken ship). From a distance it looks like a simple, slim vase with flowers sitting on a nightstand with a spotlight lighting it and the image gets dark (vignette) out to the edges.

It's really a nightstand with a vase inside the cabin of a sunken ship (don't ask me how the vase stayed on the nightstand as the ship sunk). What looks like flowers is really a "ball of clown fish" (google it, it happens in captivity, not in the wild) above the vase. You see a circular light streaming and lighting the vase and fish like a spot light coming from a round portal window on the side.

BizyDad

Know Thyself
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
A map. Of somewhere. The most recent art I purchased is a large sketch/print of a map of midtown Phoenix and the cactuses (cacti?) that grow there. I like maps.

A balcony scene overlooking the Mediterranean. I want to see colorful houses on a hillside.

My children hugging. Any children hugging would be awesome, but if I'm commissioning it, let's make it my children.

Tourmaline

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
The Flower of Life.

Why don't I have this already.............

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2014
Alec Baldwin with the brass balls on a chain from Glengarry Glen Ross

ShamanKing

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 30, 2018
California
The SF Golden Gate bridge and the city.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
My top two would be:
1. View of downtown theater district near me at dusk
2. Main street in my village

I like these types of hustle & bustle paintings

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
We just had this done. It's ready but we haven't had time to pick it up yet. It's a scene in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. Visitors are resting on benches but the benches are invisible so it looks like they're floating. If it's not raining we might go pick it up this weekend.

That was her choice, this would have been my choice :rofl:

Attachments

Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I did not ask for this and I did not mention anything about this post..... my friend Joe sent this picture about 20 minutes ago and said it's his favorite picture on his shop wall. :rofl: He knows my wife works at a museum so that's why he sent it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Family.

This is what we have by the fireplace. It’s a picture of my wife and kids taking a moment to appreciate what they have, as I was.

9BA52EDC-E7AB-4A40-AB68-65B680C6BB75.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BellaPippin

BellaPippin

Aluminum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
People that have inspired me.

Sports -> Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard. Cristiano Ronaldo.
Entrepreneurship -> Elon Musk. Jeff Bezos.
Acting -> Denzel Washington. Keanu Reeves.
Haha! I've been lazily working on this since that weekend (My bf claimed it but I'll show it to you once it's done :p):

Last edited:
OP
OP
BellaPippin

BellaPippin

Aluminum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Thanks everyone! I was curious what people might want/like to hang on their walls nowadays, not like this is in any way conclusive of what people want in general but beats asking 0 people and it was cool to read :D

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
This question made me rethink what I have hanging on my walls at home. It's in my face all the time, but I don't love it anymore. Not sure what I'd want though. Mostly I like to have the walls empty or at least very clean looking.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
BellaPippin

BellaPippin

Aluminum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Pino Daeni's paintings. He's my favorite painter in the world.
Idyllic pastures, lifestyles, feminine women.....
That's beautiful, one of the things I love the most of that kind of paintings is when the sunlight shade is well done and it truly looks like warm light hitting them, AND the clothes plaids and folds. It's calming!

Mostly I like to have the walls empty or at least very clean looking.
Glad I made you think! I'm not one to clutter my space either, it has bad effects on my mind. I only have one of those IKEA multi-photo frames with family pics, and on another wall I have an (ethnic?) fabric my mom got me (she got me another one now lol) when she went vacationing to the north. (It's that kind of handmade designs with geometric designs and llamas type of stuff). Just hanging that fabric gives the whole room some light/color without cluttering. That type of arrangement looks really neat behind a couch. Not everything has to be an image! Even a small shelf with a few books and some cool looking book holders will give your eyes something to see without it being too busy.

Another option is just leave the wall blank, and hang a few plants at different levels using hanging planters. Nothing crazy. Nothing like some green in your living room, if you can remember to water them (ofc synthetic is always an option, I just like the real thing)

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Oddly enough as much as I love art and even used to be an artist for the local newspaper I haven't had a single painting/picture on a wall for 15 years through the last 4 houses. If I were to commission something it would be a massive abstract one of a kind. I'm a big fan of abstract and pop art (like the stuff you see on million dollar listing LA).

Raoul Duke

The Real World Champion
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
It's definitely possible, although it may not be feasible right away. I'm from the U.S. but have...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Amazing book! Actually I bought it, before I joined the forum and it motivated me to join...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock