• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How we limit ourselves...

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by SteveO, Nov 28, 2016.

1. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $85,615
    How often do you say to yourself "This is bullshit!"? How many times have we thought that others are out to get us or cause us to lose?

Is everyone around us just simply stupid?

Think of the emotional roller coaster that we live on a daily basis.

We have choices in everything that we do. There are many that are constantly in front of us.

We limit ourselves in these choices by standing up against things that don't matter in our lives. Against pride and prejudice. Against our own emotions....

Emotions are important. They communicate very important information to us. Mainly, they are telling us that we need to evaluate our beliefs. They are usually telling us that our own pride, or feelings of inadequacy are getting in the way of rationally evaluating our situation.

Accept your emotions and understand why you are feeling them. Then let them go... Don't build a shrine around it that you will protect at all cost.

Keep in mind that most people are looking out for themselves. It is nothing against you even though it feels that way.

Then make your choices without bias.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,483
    Way too often.

Now out of the bad emotional state I was in these past way-too-many years, I can now see the rollercoaster, and stop it from going down. Being aware of myself, of my automatic mind and its emotions was step one to having this ^ point of view. If you're not aware or mindful, you are simply going to believe what your emotions want you to. But if you work on it, then you get the muscle to pause the emotion train, evaluate why its happening and what you want this experience to mean and diverging or reversing the train. Our emotions do communicate important information...but only if we look at them with the right lens.

3. Your Boy George

Your Boy George Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $227
    I like the shrine imagery.

Which is the lens of conscience or God (psychologically the same thing Jordan Peterson would say.)

SteveO likes this.
  4. Kak

Kak Capitalist Pig Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $16,456
    Thank you for this bite of wisdom! Rep++

SteveO and Greg R like this.
  5. Greg R

Greg R Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,784
    REP+

It is about time I examine my biases and perceptions closer.

SteveO likes this.
  6. rogainer

rogainer 10 2 10 FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,798
    How zen of you.

It is a great skill to be aware of your emotions. Sometimes noticing a negative emotion is all it takes to disarm it

Meditation helps me with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RayAndré and SteveO like this.
  7. Musashi

Musashi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $674
    And you should understand: While you can not control everything in your life, you can always control what it does to you. If someone insults you and throws negative emotions towards you, what do you do? Do you decide to react to it? Do you decide to let it throw you off balance? Do you decide to let the negative emotions from the outside get to you and create negative emotions within yourself?

Its always your choice.

If someone gets you a present you don't like, you can always refuse it. That present then stays with that person. It is the same with negativity. If someone gets angry with you, but you refuse his anger, what happens then? The anger falls back to him. He is then the only one who becomes unhappy. He only hurts himself.

The problem with all that is: While it sounds so logical to our brain, it is so dificult to implement. You have to practice it on a regular basis. One of the best ways to do so is Vipassana meditation. You will learn to observe your body and your emotions without judging. You will learn to accept your feelings and the present moment - and then take action with a clear and equanimous mind. This way you are not reacting to outside circumstances of your life - you are acting.

SteveO likes this.
  8. Napoolion

Napoolion Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $172
    If anyone are still carrying some limiting benefits and baggage from the past, I recommend this questionnaire to feel some emotions, deal with the past and also help you to figure out the future: ULTIMATE QUESTIONNAIRE - Patrick Bet-David

You can watch the video too, it gives instructions for better benefits.

9. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $85,615
    Just sign up and give him your email address and you can get the ULTIMATE QUESTIONNAIRE!!! Nope...

10. Napoolion

Napoolion Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $172
    You know, I thought about that, you can bypass the sign up here:
    patrick bet david questionnaire - Google Search

Second results.

But since I have gotten value in it and he has helped me with my mindset, I rather did not want to just rob him out of the email sign-up. I do understand your concern though, maybe another shitty coach trying to get rich from you, but this is not the case this time. Just leaving what has helped me.

SteveO likes this.
  11. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $35
    This topic somewhat reminded me of a story about a man who was suffering from lung cancer. People used to feel sorry for him, to which he replied:

"I don't suffer from cancer. My lungs are. I'm perfectly healthy, don't feel sorry for me."