• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

How we limit ourselves...

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by SteveO, Nov 28, 2016.

1. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $77,958
    How often do you say to yourself "This is bullshit!"? How many times have we thought that others are out to get us or cause us to lose?

Is everyone around us just simply stupid?

Think of the emotional roller coaster that we live on a daily basis.

We have choices in everything that we do. There are many that are constantly in front of us.

We limit ourselves in these choices by standing up against things that don't matter in our lives. Against pride and prejudice. Against our own emotions....

Emotions are important. They communicate very important information to us. Mainly, they are telling us that we need to evaluate our beliefs. They are usually telling us that our own pride, or feelings of inadequacy are getting in the way of rationally evaluating our situation.

Accept your emotions and understand why you are feeling them. Then let them go... Don't build a shrine around it that you will protect at all cost.

Keep in mind that most people are looking out for themselves. It is nothing against you even though it feels that way.

Then make your choices without bias.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. RayAndré

RayAndré Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $976
    Way too often.

Now out of the bad emotional state I was in these past way-too-many years, I can now see the rollercoaster, and stop it from going down. Being aware of myself, of my automatic mind and its emotions was step one to having this ^ point of view. If you're not aware or mindful, you are simply going to believe what your emotions want you to. But if you work on it, then you get the muscle to pause the emotion train, evaluate why its happening and what you want this experience to mean and diverging or reversing the train. Our emotions do communicate important information...but only if we look at them with the right lens.

3. Your Boy George

Your Boy George New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $82
    I like the shrine imagery.

Which is the lens of conscience or God (psychologically the same thing Jordan Peterson would say.)

SteveO likes this.
  4. Kak

Kak Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $24,972
    Thank you for this bite of wisdom! Rep++

SteveO and Greg Rutkowski like this.
  5. Greg Rutkowski

Greg Rutkowski Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,026
    REP+

It is about time I examine my biases and perceptions closer.

SteveO likes this.