The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Turn SEO Into A Specialized Unit?

Marketing, social media, advertising

yellowist

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
440%
Jun 12, 2022
I was watching a video posted on YouTube made my MJ here that mentions turning specialized skills into specialized units. This basically means you take a skill and monetize it in a way that removes the variable of time.

I really enjoy digital marketing and SEO, and as a young guy I'm learning how it works to get paid to use that skill set. However, I'm not really sure how people could completely stop trading their time for money with a digital marketing skill.

I understand people start SMMAs, but that seems to me to still be a full time job unless you can build a SMMA up enough to hire full time employees, managers, etc. and I see a lot of YouTube gurus talking about SMMAs which kind of steers me away from them.

So is there a way that someone could take SEO skills or other digital marketing skills and turn it into a specialized unit?

TL;DR: How to fastlane with digital marketing skills like SEO?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Issi007

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Apr 27, 2022
I was watching a video posted on YouTube made my MJ here that mentions turning specialized skills into specialized units. This basically means you take a skill and monetize it in a way that removes the variable of time. I really enjoy digital marketing and SEO, and as a young guy I'm learning how it works to get paid to use that skill set. However, I'm not really sure how people could completely stop trading their time for money with a digital marketing skill. I understand people start SMMAs, but that seems to me to still be a full time job unless you can build a SMMA up enough to hire full time employees, managers, etc. and I see a lot of YouTube gurus talking about SMMAs which kind of steers me away from them. So is there a way that someone could take SEO skills or other digital marketing skills and turn it into a specialized unit?

Touching the spot !

Indeed mate, your thread is really practical as I saw MJ video this week.

First thing, thank you to MJ for giving out such a concrete map !

Second, at the end of video, I started questioning myself about the limited specialized skills I have, at this point thinking about data science skills, data cleansing in particular and how to turn them into a specialized unit ?

I am still not able to find something workable and do not have much knowledge about SEO, therefore, I wont be able to help, hopefully domain expert will be able to comment,

However, thinking about it, It is supposed to be rough and complicated to turn these skills into a specialized unit, that's the challenge and guess we have to dive into much more research,

Moreover, it might also be that one has to gather more experience (in terms of customer pool, domain knowledge and savings) with that specialized skill and then turn it into a unit afterwards ?

So yeah, thank you for raising this thread and hopefully have helpful tips as usual in the forum,

Cheers !

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
turning specialized skills into specialized units. This basically means you take a skill and monetize it in a way that removes the variable of time.
Get paid a flat monthly fee and then:
  • Get faster at doing the work?
  • Get someone else to do the work?
  • Automate the work?
  • Etc.
Or change the way you’re paid:
  • Get paid a retainer?
  • Get paid per lead?
  • Rank and rent?
  • Etc.

This might also help:

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
I was watching a video posted on YouTube made my MJ here that mentions turning specialized skills into specialized units. This basically means you take a skill and monetize it in a way that removes the variable of time.

I really enjoy digital marketing and SEO, and as a young guy I'm learning how it works to get paid to use that skill set. However, I'm not really sure how people could completely stop trading their time for money with a digital marketing skill.

I understand people start SMMAs, but that seems to me to still be a full time job unless you can build a SMMA up enough to hire full time employees, managers, etc. and I see a lot of YouTube gurus talking about SMMAs which kind of steers me away from them.

So is there a way that someone could take SEO skills or other digital marketing skills and turn it into a specialized unit?

You can definitely take SEO and turn it into a freelance thing and/or foundational job. SEO alone yields an abundance of options, opportunities, etc.

Ensure you have a solid foundation of the basics, get a bit of practice via a personal website and/or a foundational job, and then choose a specialization within the (massive) scope of SEO (e.g. writing/content creation, link building, keyword research, etc.).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Issi007

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Apr 27, 2022
Get paid a flat monthly fee and then:
  • Get faster at doing the work?
  • Get someone else to do the work?
  • Automate the work?
  • Etc.
Or change the way you’re paid:
  • Get paid a retainer?
  • Get paid per lead?
  • Rank and rent?
  • Etc.

This might also help:
That was full of info,
Still digesting and trying to understand these concepts,

Thanks for sharing !

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
There are quite some options what you can do with SEO.
Im currently learning it with MJ roadmap in mind.

Here a summery on thing you can do with SEO:

1. Start a service business and provided SEO services

2. Start your own Website:
Blog / Affiliate
Ecom
Local Lead gen

3. Use your SEO knowledge to help grow your Fastlane biz

4. Become a guru in the niche

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics