Take me (for example):
I will be launching a couple of blogs in 2015:
One blog ... will be narrowly targeted to a niche to which my dating site caters. The blog (in other words) ... is just a vehicle for showcasing my ads ... for the niche dating site.
The blog "makes money" when someone in my niche reads an article ... sees my ads on the side of the page ... and joins my paid dating site.
Or when they click on a high-margin affiliate link (another way to earn).
It's just a marketing tool.
Same with a legal blog I am launching. It is just a front for my law office. Getting articles in front of lawyers who could be a potential referral source ... or getting them in front of people who fit the mold of a potential customer.
Again ... the blog is just a marketing tool for the law office. The blog "makes money" when someone calls my office and hires me.
In neither instance ... does the blog "itself" make money.
And then I will be doing a third blog ... strictly for reputation management. Pushing negative stuff off the front page of Google that interferes with my ability to attract clients.
So in that instance ... the blog "makes money" ... by helping me "save clients" elsewhere (where I have high margins).
These are all good reasons to have a blog.
Not writing about something ... simply because I like the topic ... or because I heard of someone (somewhere) who is earning a living doing blogging.
Each blog correlates with a specific product.
I will be launching a couple of blogs in 2015:
One blog ... will be narrowly targeted to a niche to which my dating site caters. The blog (in other words) ... is just a vehicle for showcasing my ads ... for the niche dating site.
The blog "makes money" when someone in my niche reads an article ... sees my ads on the side of the page ... and joins my paid dating site.
Or when they click on a high-margin affiliate link (another way to earn).
It's just a marketing tool.
Same with a legal blog I am launching. It is just a front for my law office. Getting articles in front of lawyers who could be a potential referral source ... or getting them in front of people who fit the mold of a potential customer.
Again ... the blog is just a marketing tool for the law office. The blog "makes money" when someone calls my office and hires me.
In neither instance ... does the blog "itself" make money.
And then I will be doing a third blog ... strictly for reputation management. Pushing negative stuff off the front page of Google that interferes with my ability to attract clients.
So in that instance ... the blog "makes money" ... by helping me "save clients" elsewhere (where I have high margins).
These are all good reasons to have a blog.
Not writing about something ... simply because I like the topic ... or because I heard of someone (somewhere) who is earning a living doing blogging.
Each blog correlates with a specific product.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
