The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to serve the masses without becoming like them?

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Greetings young guns and top guns of the FASTLANE forum!

Can you serve the masses without being influenced by them? I am having a hard time to forsake the "me" attitude because of the fear of being like them.

Or I am just thinking that I need to be like them as a part of my marketing.

I am confused. Any genuine answer is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

Can you serve the masses without being influenced by them? I am having a hard time to forsake the "me" attitude because of the fear of being like them.

Not sure what your actual question is here ...

BUT you don't need to be like anybody to provide massive value and get handsomely rewarded for it.

More often then not you have no idea how the market will reply to your offer, and you need to test test test to find the offer that will work.

The offer, service or value you provide might come from a personal need you find that isn't fulfilled in the market, or you can use the idea generation thread to come up on ideas if you are completely tapped out otherwise.

Have you taken ANY action towards creating or testing any of your products or offers?

Good Luck!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Not sure what your actual question is here ...

BUT you don't need to be like anybody to provide massive value and get handsomely rewarded for it.

More often then not you have no idea how the market will reply to your offer, and you need to test test test to find the offer that will work.

The offer, service or value you provide might come from a personal need you find that isn't fulfilled in the market, or you can use the idea generation thread to come up on ideas if you are completely tapped out otherwise.

Have you taken ANY action towards creating or testing any of your products or offers?

Good Luck!
Thank you for giving time to read and reply!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Sure a doctor learns to treat cancer without the need to be diagnosed with cancer. You can empathize their pain points without needing to have the pain points.

Last edited:

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Sure a doctor learns to treat cancer without need to be diagnosed with cancer. You can empathize their pain points without needing to have the pain points.

Gotta forsake the "me" attitude.

techvx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jan 29, 2023
Can you serve the masses without being influenced by them?
There are two ways to answer this. Both would depend on the specific definition of the word "influence" behind your question.

-

1. Can you help people without accidentally absorbing some of their beliefs, patterns of thought and behavior, victimhood, laziness, lack of responsibility, and other wonderfully horrible default features of their character?

The answer: not only you can, but you must. Business is problem solving. It's not empathy, it's not sympathy, and it's definitely not a matter of developing the exact same view of the world as them.

More often than not, you'll be expected to challenge and disrupt their existing thought / emotion / behavior processes. If what they thought / felt / did worked, after all, they would already solve the problem long time ago.

-

2. Can you help them without understanding their problem and being influenced by their perspective on the matter at hand?

The answer: hardly. People want to feel understood. They want to deal with people experienced and well versed in dealing with problems they have. They also enjoy a few occasional validations, reassurances, and a sense of being on the "same wave" as the human being they are interacting with.

You can't get to that point if you have no genuine sense of the problem at hand, no understanding (even on the highest possible level) of their situation, their main concerns, driving forces, and existing biases to boot.

I am having a hard time to forsake the "me" attitude because of the fear of being like them.
You're just having a hard time differentiating between "I'm just like you" and "I'm well aware of the nature of this problem". We're all in the business for own sake. The differentiating factor in between those that make it and those that don't is in the direction of one's focus.

You're there to solve their problems. Not to be like them, not to pretend to be their friend, and not to get hopelessly entangled in their personal emotional mess.

I am just thinking that I need to be like them as a part of my marketing.
Your marketing must emphasize your expertise, experience, background, reputation, authority, trustworthiness, and goodwill. Period.

Would you hire your zero-plumbing-experience friend to do fix a burst pipe in your house for your family, just because he's just "like you"?

True - in some contexts it helps to show people that you've had a personal exposure to the problem that they have. This is why most BS courses on "make a million dollars a month by drop shipping / consulting / running a SMMA" start their promotions with a bunch of generic "I used to live in my mum's basement too not so long ago, you know?".

Which they follow by the story of all the things they went on to do that you've never done, all the accomplishments they've had that you've never had before, and the deeply emotional mix of profound semi-spiritual fulfillment that only ever seems to come from making a bunch of $ via your own business - that you have never experienced before either, in all likelihood.

Still think that "I am just like my customers" is a solid marketing approach?

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
There are two ways to answer this. Both would depend on the specific definition of the word "influence" behind your question.

-

1. Can you help people without accidentally absorbing some of their beliefs, patterns of thought and behavior, victimhood, laziness, lack of responsibility, and other wonderfully horrible default features of their character?

The answer: not only you can, but you must. Business is problem solving. It's not empathy, it's not sympathy, and it's definitely not a matter of developing the exact same view of the world as them.

More often than not, you'll be expected to challenge and disrupt their existing thought / emotion / behavior processes. If what they thought / felt / did worked, after all, they would already solve the problem long time ago.

-

2. Can you help them without understanding their problem and being influenced by their perspective on the matter at hand?

The answer: hardly. People want to feel understood. They want to deal with people experienced and well versed in dealing with problems they have. They also enjoy a few occasional validations, reassurances, and a sense of being on the "same wave" as the human being they are interacting with.

You can't get to that point if you have no genuine sense of the problem at hand, no understanding (even on the highest possible level) of their situation, their main concerns, driving forces, and existing biases to boot.

You're just having a hard time differentiating between "I'm just like you" and "I'm well aware of the nature of this problem". We're all in the business for own sake. The differentiating factor in between those that make it and those that don't is in the direction of one's focus.

You're there to solve their problems. Not to be like them, not to pretend to be their friend, and not to get hopelessly entangled in their personal emotional mess.

Your marketing must emphasize your expertise, experience, background, reputation, authority, trustworthiness, and goodwill. Period.

Would you hire your zero-plumbing-experience friend to do fix a burst pipe in your house for your family, just because he's just "like you"?

True - in some contexts it helps to show people that you've had a personal exposure to the problem that they have. This is why most BS courses on "make a million dollars a month by drop shipping / consulting / running a SMMA" start their promotions with a bunch of generic "I used to live in my mum's basement too not so long ago, you know?".

Which they follow by the story of all the things they went on to do that you've never done, all the accomplishments they've had that you've never had before, and the deeply emotional mix of profound semi-spiritual fulfillment that only ever seems to come from making a bunch of $ via your own business - that you have never experienced before either, in all likelihood.

Still think that "I am just like my customers" is a solid marketing approach?
THIS!

You understand my question! Now it's more clearer to me what am I fearing of.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.