The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Sell To Small Businesses - GV

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
Thought I'd share this article by Gary Vaynerchuk on how to sell to small businesses, some interesting ideas.

"Small businesses tend to be very “literal” in the way they look at cash and their bottom line."

"Along the lines of the last point… short term sales matter more to small businesses than big brands because of issues like cashflow"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NicholasCato

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 31, 2018
Worked in the games industry as an artist for the first half of my 20’s... you wouldn’t believed how many shitty indie games I’ve worked in that were never released. The market is way too saturated and the audience is way too fickle.. just look at the million dollar AAA titles with dozens of paid pros working on them that came out this year, and they’ve already been forgotten.

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
Thought I'd share this article by Gary Vaynerchuk on how to sell to small businesses, some interesting ideas.

"Small businesses tend to be very “literal” in the way they look at cash and their bottom line."

"Along the lines of the last point… short term sales matter more to small businesses than big brands because of issues like cashflow"

Sometimes I worry that I violate the commandment of NEED trying to sell analytics and reporting to small (very small) business owners. This is the group that I want to help, because I believe they can benefit the most. However, along the lines of this quote, I feel it can be a low priority next to survival when there are issues like cashflow.

Large organizations pour dollars into reporting and data people, because growing for the future is on (almost) ever CEO's agenda. It seems logical to me that the need would be there for small businesses as well.

Maybe the problem being difficult to solve will pay off.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
..... This is the group that I want to help, because I believe they can benefit the most. ...
So every time you land one big business, then help a small business. The better you do and the more money you make, the more people you can help.

Quit riding with the parking brake on. Help solid clients who are growing and profitable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
So every time you land one big business, then help a small business. The better you do and the more money you make, the more people you can help.

Quit riding with the parking brake on. Help solid clients who are growing and profitable.
That is a great metaphor for how I feel. Thanks for the advice @ZCP. The truth is I don’t even target big businesses. I hear what you are saying though that I need to allocate my energy into companies that can grow my business.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio