The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to popularize a blog, Cash + Outsource or Hard Work + Free Plugins?

Walcott

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 8, 2015
I've recently self-published an ebook on the last year of high school here in Italy and I was planning to open a blog to promote myself and expand on some topic that are present in the book.

I didn't know where to start and what to do so I read an online step-by-step guide on how to set up a successful blog. I visited the page of the recommended tools and notice with dismay that all the services listed (described as being the best in their category) like Optimizepress, Getresponse, Themeforest, Optinmonster, Seoclerks etc. are pretty costly.

They all promise you to get exceptional results and be a top-ranking ultra-optimized blogger, the whole world is certainly going to stumble across your blog by making researches on google and your word will seemingly travel the Milky way and will be intercepted by aliens on Mars.
But subscribing to all those services will amount to a lot of capital to be spent on a monthly basis and I'm not sure that I will get the money back with the income from the blog, since italians are infamous for being a nation of non-readers.

Is it possible to popularize your blog without spending copious amounts of money to delegate the work to skilled professionals? Will hard work combined with free wordpress plugins equal the results attainable by forking out the cash to professional services?

Sorry for possible mistakes/misuse with the language I've taken my advanced certificate but I'm still a practitioner.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

themaxx

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2014
London, UK
Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
It takes money to make money.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Why would readers give a F*ck about what you use to power the blog?
Why are you investing in a book for what you define "infamous for being a nation of non-readers"? You like pain?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Who is your target audience? Where are they? How do you reach them?

Go find them. Hunt vs wanting them to hunt for you.

An example..... if I want to open 'Seaside Ice Cream', should I setup shop down by the seaside beach, or pay some people a monthly fee to put up a couple of signs in town for my shop four miles down the road on the hope that as they wander in from the beach they might look for one of those signs?

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Set up a blog. I guess responsive themes from divi must help. If needed, I can share my credentials to download.
Ensure you have more and more content put in. Just one eBook going would not help, as much as you posting every chapter separately with a tweak.

Spread the word across your social media, and am pretty sure you have your own set of followers by now from high school who really are impressed on the ebook and are looking forward to help you grow by sharing it in their network.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.