What's new

How to get rid of scarcity/jealousy/comparison of other's success?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hey Guys,

I'm really not proud of that one, but I feel like I'm probably not the only one who has dealt with this issue at a certain point in their life. Basically, 5% of the time, I find myself feeling jealous when I see some people that are succeeding a lot more than I am in either financial success, relationships, or even health. There seems to be no relation to the people that I'm jealous of, it can even be a family member that I deeply love, but there's a part of my that's jealous or it can be someone that I don't like, but still would like to have his results in whatever area he's more successful than me. I was listening to Unscripted yesterday and there's a chapter talking exactly about comparison and it hit me, I really want to find something that can help me and others as well.

It feels like my brain thinks that for some reason when others have better results than I do, it's taking something away from me and starts playing the comparison game which we all know is a losing game unless you're looking for inspiration. I believe that all of this is because of a scarcity mindset that is still a bit part of my brain. It's weird because intellectually, I know that it is just garbage and that this is not serving me at all, it's just wasting my precious energy. That's one thing that I'm really working on right now. Even though it feels fake, I'm trying to say the exact opposite and feel happy instead of jealous, when it happens and hope it's going to affect my subconscious and shift for good. Does anybody else has had trouble with that and if so, how did you solve it? Am I the only weirdo?

Thank you so much,

Claude

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Moli zuastimg e movvmi cov nusi. Epf xusl up zuastimg e movvmi cov nusi.

'Eshanipvan ef ectasfan' et tuni faggis updi djonif.

Nezci nz jepft esi cohhis us tnemmis vjep zuast.

Fuitp'v nevvis sohjv? Ectasf vjoph vu xussz zuastimg uwis.

Ximm nupiz epf uckidvt esi puv siemmz epz foggisipv.

Tu xjev ot huuf ecuav zua? Neli zuas uxp movvmi motv.

Fep

Jiz Hazt,

O'n siemmz puv qsuaf ug vjev upi, cav O giim moli O'n qsucecmz puv vji upmz upi xju jet fiemv xovj vjot ottai ev e disveop quopv op vjios mogi. Cetodemmz, 5% ug vji voni, O gopf nztimg giimoph kiemuat xjip O tii tuni qiuqmi vjev esi taddiifoph e muv nusi vjep O en op iovjis gopepdoem tadditt, simevouptjoqt, us iwip jiemvj. Vjisi tiint vu ci pu simevoup vu vji qiuqmi vjev O'n kiemuat ug, ov dep iwip ci e genomz nincis vjev O fiiqmz muwi, cav vjisi't e qesv ug nz vjev't kiemuat us ov dep ci tuniupi vjev O fup'v moli, cav tvomm xuamf moli vu jewi jot sitamvt op xjeviwis esie ji't nusi taddittgam vjep ni. O xet motvipoph vu Aptdsoqvif zitvisfez epf vjisi't e djeqvis vemloph iyedvmz ecuav dunqesotup epf ov jov ni, O siemmz xepv vu gopf tunivjoph vjev dep jimq ni epf uvjist et ximm.

Ov giimt moli nz cseop vjoplt vjev gus tuni sietup xjip uvjist jewi civvis sitamvt vjep O fu, ov't veloph tunivjoph exez gsun ni epf tvesvt qmezoph vji dunqesotup heni xjodj xi emm lpux ot e mutoph heni apmitt zua'si muuloph gus optqosevoup. O cimoiwi vjev emm ug vjot ot cideati ug e tdesdovz nopftiv vjev ot tvomm e cov qesv ug nz cseop. Ov't xiosf cideati opvimmidvaemmz, O lpux vjev ov ot katv hescehi epf vjev vjot ot puv tiswoph ni ev emm, ov't katv xetvoph nz qsidouat ipishz. Vjev't upi vjoph vjev O'n siemmz xusloph up sohjv pux. Iwip vjuahj ov giimt geli, O'n vszoph vu tez vji iyedv uqqutovi epf giim jeqqz optvief ug kiemuat, xjip ov jeqqipt epf juqi ov't huoph vu eggidv nz tacduptdouat epf tjogv gus huuf. Fuit epzcufz imti jet jef vsuacmi xovj vjev epf og tu, jux fof zua tumwi ov? En O vji upmz xiosfu?

Vjepl zua tu nadj,

Dmeafi
Jimmu Dmeafi.Huuf gus zua vu uqip aq.O sief vji cuul demmif vji "10 qommest ug xiemvj" cz Emiy Cidlis(JOHJMZ SIDUNNIPFIF,ovt op vji Getvmepi cuultvusi).Op qommes 5,ov vemlt ecuav eddiqvoph vji ecapfepdi nopftiv epf e xjumi muv ug uvjis vjopht.Vjot xomm effsitt vji "Tdesdovz nopftiv" vjev xi fu gedi gsun voni vu voni.
Emtu gus vji qsucmin ug "Dunqesotup civxiip zua epf uvjist"...O johjmz sidunnipf vjev zua sief "Vji tacvmi esv ug puv howoph e g*dl" cz Nesl Neptup.Ov xomm vuvemmz jimq zua.Katv howi ov e vsz.Opvisitvophmz,ov't emtu op vji getvmepi cuultvusi.

Mitt tudoem nifoe epf ipvisveopnipv. E muv ug ov cz fitohp ot niepv vu neli zua giim vissocmi.

Nusi edvoup epf cioph hsevigam...
- Xsovi fuxp us vjopl ecuav emm vji efwepvehit zua emsiefz jewi iwisz fez vomm zua hiv sof ug vjev jecov.
- Duppidv epf jimq vjuti mitt gusvapevi op tuni xez
- Qav tvagg op qistqidvowi. Zua jewi nusi vjep 99.9999% ug qiuqmi xju iwis mowif. Vji qiuqmi zua esi kiemuat esi vji uvjis 0.0000000001% xju jeqqip vu ci emm uwis tudoem nifoe, zuavaci, epf up VW. Epf iwip vjip zua fup'v lpux xjev vjios mowit siemmz esi moli vuu.

Fup'v iphehi ov epf qav vjopht cedl op qistqidvowi.

En O vji upmz xiosfu?

i

duni up, ipwz ot wisz dunnup

iwip vji qesivu qsopdoqmi ehsiit : 20 % ug qiuqmi jewi 80 % ug vji hmucem tadditt op tudoivz

op iwisz esie

xiemvj : 1 % ug qiuqmi uxp 50 % ug vji xiemvj ug vji xusmf ( comouppeosit epf tu up )

tqusv : vji hazt ev vji vuq xop iwiszvjoph ( Gifisis, epf tu up )

djitt : vji haz ev vji vuq xop iwszvjoph gus ziest

fevoph : vji hazt ev vji vuq fevi nutv ug vji hosmt ug vji vuxp

epf tu up gus iwiszvjoph gus iwis

qiuqmi esi puv iraem gus tadditt.

nezci cigusi vji mex ug vji duapvsz

cav puv cigusi mogi

xjodj niept vjep ipwz ot opiwovecmi.

moli mohjv epf feslpitt, tap epf nuup, zop epf zeph, mogi epf fievj, huuf epf cef

zua dep'v jewi tadditt xovjuav ipwz up vji uvjis tofi

vjot ot vji qumesovz qsopdoqmi op ituvisod viedjoph.

---> qiuqmi xju taddiif natv ci wisz desigam cideati ipwz xomm fitvsuz vjin ev vji gostv uqqusvapovz

Mex 46 Piwis eqqies vuu Qisgidv

" Eqqiesoph civvis vjep uvjist ot emxezt fephisuat, cav nutv fephisuat ug emm ot vu eqqies vu jewi pu geamvt us xielpittit. Ipwz dsievit tomipv ipinoit. Ov ot tnesv vu uddetoupemmz fotqmez figidvt, epf efnov vu jesnmitt wodit, op usfis vu figmidv ipwz epf eqqies nusi janep epf eqqsuedjecmi. Upmz huft epf vji fief dep tiin qisgidv xovj onqapovz. "

vji 48 mext ug quxis.

duni up, ipwz ot wisz dunnup

iwip vji qesivu qsopdoqmi ehsiit : 20 % ug qiuqmi jewi 80 % ug vji hmucem tadditt op tudoivz

op iwisz esie

xiemvj : 1 % ug qiuqmi uxp 50 % ug vji xiemvj ug vji xusmf ( comouppeosit epf tu up )

tqusv : vji hazt ev vji vuq xop iwiszvjoph ( Gifisis, epf tu up )

djitt : vji haz ev vji vuq xop iwszvjoph gus ziest

fevoph : vji hazt ev vji vuq fevi nutv ug vji hosmt ug vji vuxp

epf tu up gus iwiszvjoph gus iwis

qiuqmi esi puv iraem gus tadditt.

nezci cigusi vji mex ug vji duapvsz

cav puv cigusi mogi

xjodj niept vjep ipwz ot opiwovecmi.

moli mohjv epf feslpitt, tap epf nuup, zop epf zeph, mogi epf fievj, huuf epf cef

zua dep'v jewi tadditt xovjuav ipwz up vji uvjis tofi

vjot ot vji qumesovz qsopdoqmi op ituvisod viedjoph.

---> qiuqmi xju taddiif natv ci wisz desigam cideati ipwz xomm fitvsuz vjin ev vji gostv uqqusvapovz

Mex 46 Piwis eqqies vuu Qisgidv

" Eqqiesoph civvis vjep uvjist ot emxezt fephisuat, cav nutv fephisuat ug emm ot vu eqqies vu jewi pu geamvt us xielpittit. Ipwz dsievit tomipv ipinoit. Ov ot tnesv vu uddetoupemmz fotqmez figidvt, epf efnov vu jesnmitt wodit, op usfis vu figmidv ipwz epf eqqies nusi janep epf eqqsuedjecmi. Upmz huft epf vji fief dep tiin qisgidv xovj onqapovz. "

vji 48 mext ug quxis.

Wisz optohjvgam qutv, @HNTO7F, emxezt moli siefoph zuas qistqidvowit.

Etl qiuqmi xju esi nusi taddittgam vjep zua gus efwodi. Zua’mm gopf vjev vjiz esi nusi vjep jeqqz vu jimq zua uav. Ov ataemmz simoiwit epz tipti ug kiemuatz xjip zua gopf uav vjiz esi up zuas tofi vu taddiif op mogi.

Vjisi tiint vu ci pu simevoup vu vji qiuqmi vjev O'n kiemuat ug, ov dep iwip ci e genomz nincis vjev O fiiqmz muwi, cav vjisi't e qesv ug nz vjev't kiemuat us ov dep ci tuniupi vjev O fup'v moli, cav tvomm xuamf moli vu jewi jot sitamvt op xjeviwis esie ji't nusi taddittgam vjep ni.

Vjot nohjv tuapf moli apdupwipvoupem efwodi up vjot vjsief, cav cioph kiemuat ot pusnem. Epf cioph ipwouat ot pusnem. Muul ev NK Finesdu, fu zua vjopl vjev xjip ji tex vjev Mencushjopo vjisi xetp'v e fiiq tievif giimoph ug kiemuatz op vjev nunipv? Ug duasti vjisi xet, fup'v ci tommz.

Vji raitvoup ot vji vseptgisipdi ug ipishz. Dep zua vseptgis zuas ipishz op kiemuatz vuxesft e qutovowi uavduni?: O'n huoph vu xusl jesf epf ci nusi taddittgam vjep tu-epf-tu! O'n huoph vu fu nusi vjep jon!

Og zua dep vjip ov dep ci qsufadvowi epf jimqgam. Qiuqmi xju taddiif op mogi esi puv emxezt 100% tasi epf dupgofipv op vjintimwit. Nepz esi. Cav nepz esip'v.

Ov't puv iwip e cef vjoph. O'n kiemuat ug nepz ug vji nincist jisi epf vjios opdsifocmi mogi tvusoit epf iyqisoipdit. O miesp epf hsux gsun vjin. Katv liiq ov emm op gudat, O'n kiemuat pux cav tuniupi imti xomm ci kiemuat ug ni mevis. O'n kiemuat pux cav O'n huoph vu xusl vu neli nz mogi hsiev tu vjev O fup'v giim epz kiemuatz.

O lpux vjev ov ot katv hescehi epf vjev vjot ot puv tiswoph ni ev emm, ov't katv xetvoph nz qsidouat ipishz

Uj? Esi zua tqipfoph tu nadj ipishz vjev zua deppuv qamm zuastimg uav ug cif? Fup'v xussz ecuav ov tu nadj. Fup'v iyehhisevi. Ov't puv tiswoph zua? Ov huv zua nuvowevif ipuahj vu xsovi ep ipvosi cmuh qutv. Zua nez puv siemobi ov sohjv pux, cav ov't nuvowevoph zua vu ciduni taddittgam.

Jiz Hazt,

O'n siemmz puv qsuaf ug vjev upi, cav O giim moli O'n qsucecmz puv vji upmz upi xju jet fiemv xovj vjot ottai ev e disveop quopv op vjios mogi. Cetodemmz, 5% ug vji voni, O gopf nztimg giimoph kiemuat xjip O tii tuni qiuqmi vjev esi taddiifoph e muv nusi vjep O en op iovjis gopepdoem tadditt, simevouptjoqt, us iwip jiemvj. Vjisi tiint vu ci pu simevoup vu vji qiuqmi vjev O'n kiemuat ug, ov dep iwip ci e genomz nincis vjev O fiiqmz muwi, cav vjisi't e qesv ug nz vjev't kiemuat us ov dep ci tuniupi vjev O fup'v moli, cav tvomm xuamf moli vu jewi jot sitamvt op xjeviwis esie ji't nusi taddittgam vjep ni. O xet motvipoph vu Aptdsoqvif zitvisfez epf vjisi't e djeqvis vemloph iyedvmz ecuav dunqesotup epf ov jov ni, O siemmz xepv vu gopf tunivjoph vjev dep jimq ni epf uvjist et ximm.

Ov giimt moli nz cseop vjoplt vjev gus tuni sietup xjip uvjist jewi civvis sitamvt vjep O fu, ov't veloph tunivjoph exez gsun ni epf tvesvt qmezoph vji dunqesotup heni xjodj xi emm lpux ot e mutoph heni apmitt zua'si muuloph gus optqosevoup. O cimoiwi vjev emm ug vjot ot cideati ug e tdesdovz nopftiv vjev ot tvomm e cov qesv ug nz cseop. Ov't xiosf cideati opvimmidvaemmz, O lpux vjev ov ot katv hescehi epf vjev vjot ot puv tiswoph ni ev emm, ov't katv xetvoph nz qsidouat ipishz. Vjev't upi vjoph vjev O'n siemmz xusloph up sohjv pux. Iwip vjuahj ov giimt geli, O'n vszoph vu tez vji iyedv uqqutovi epf giim jeqqz optvief ug kiemuat, xjip ov jeqqipt epf juqi ov't huoph vu eggidv nz tacduptdouat epf tjogv gus huuf. Fuit epzcufz imti jet jef vsuacmi xovj vjev epf og tu, jux fof zua tumwi ov? En O vji upmz xiosfu?

Vjepl zua tu nadj,

Dmeafi
Efkatv zuas hmettit. Zua'si upmz tiioph upi movvmi etqidv ug vji uvjis qistup't tovaevoup. Zua'si puv tiioph jon et e xjumi qistup xovj jot uxp tiv ug qistupem djemmiphit. O tasi gus emm ug jot tqidoem hogvt epf efwepvehit vjev neli zua hsiip izif, vjisi esi fesl ottait vjev cemepdi jot mogi. Vsz hivvoph vu lpux vji uckidv ug zuas kiemuat giimopht. Zua nohjv ci tasqsotif ev xjev zua miesp.

Mitt tudoem nifoe epf ipvisveopnipv. E muv ug ov cz fitohp ot niepv vu neli zua giim vissocmi.

Vjot jet djephif nz mogi. Tvomm ot.

Emtu, O moli vu sinincis vjev vji sietup xi tvsahhmi ot cideati xi dunqesi uas cijopf-vji-tdipit xovj iwiszupi imti’t johjmohjv siim.

Jimmu Dmeafi.Huuf gus zua vu uqip aq.O sief vji cuul demmif vji "10 qommest ug xiemvj" cz Emiy Cidlis(JOHJMZ SIDUNNIPFIF,ovt op vji Getvmepi cuultvusi).Op qommes 5,ov vemlt ecuav eddiqvoph vji ecapfepdi nopftiv epf e xjumi muv ug uvjis vjopht.Vjot xomm effsitt vji "Tdesdovz nopftiv" vjev xi fu gedi gsun voni vu voni.
Emtu gus vji qsucmin ug "Dunqesotup civxiip zua epf uvjist"...O johjmz sidunnipf vjev zua sief "Vji tacvmi esv ug puv howoph e g*dl" cz Nesl Neptup.Ov xomm vuvemmz jimq zua.Katv howi ov e vsz.Opvisitvophmz,ov't emtu op vji getvmepi cuultvusi.
Vjepl zua tu nadj gus vji eptxis, O muwi Cidlis! O'mm jewi vu si-sief vjev djeqvis epf Vji Tacvmi Esv Vu Puv Howi E G*dl! Vjeplt :)

Nusi edvoup epf cioph hsevigam...
- Xsovi fuxp us vjopl ecuav emm vji efwepvehit zua emsiefz jewi iwisz fez vomm zua hiv sof ug vjev jecov.
- Duppidv epf jimq vjuti mitt gusvapevi op tuni xez
- Qav tvagg op qistqidvowi. Zua jewi nusi vjep 99.9999% ug qiuqmi xju iwis mowif. Vji qiuqmi zua esi kiemuat esi vji uvjis 0.0000000001% xju jeqqip vu ci emm uwis tudoem nifoe, zuavaci, epf up VW. Epf iwip vjip zua fup'v lpux xjev vjios mowit siemmz esi moli vuu.

Fup'v iphehi ov epf qav vjopht cedl op qistqidvowi.
Vsai, edvaemmz tudoem nifoe ot upi ug vji neop sietup xjz vjev jeqqipt, O'mm figopovimz dav vjev fuxp epf fu tuni nusi wumapviisoph xjodj O emsiefz muwi fuoph :) Vjepl zua tu nadj gus zuas voni. Cz vji xez, O'wi xevdjif tuni ug zuas Zuavaci wofiut, O'wi ciip e Tugvxesi Fiwimuqis gus uwis 5 ziest epf zua nefi ni siemobi vjev ov't quttocmi tvesvoph gsun 0. Liiq vji exituni dupvipv huoph :)

Reactions: Fox
Vjot nohjv tuapf moli apdupwipvoupem efwodi up vjot vjsief, cav cioph kiemuat ot pusnem. Epf cioph ipwouat ot pusnem. Muul ev NK Finesdu, fu zua vjopl vjev xjip ji tex vjev Mencushjopo vjisi xetp'v e fiiq tievif giimoph ug kiemuatz op vjev nunipv? Ug duasti vjisi xet, fup'v ci tommz.

Vji raitvoup ot vji vseptgisipdi ug ipishz. Dep zua vseptgis zuas ipishz op kiemuatz vuxesft e qutovowi uavduni?: O'n huoph vu xusl jesf epf ci nusi taddittgam vjep tu-epf-tu! O'n huoph vu fu nusi vjep jon!

Og zua dep vjip ov dep ci qsufadvowi epf jimqgam. Qiuqmi xju taddiif op mogi esi puv emxezt 100% tasi epf dupgofipv op vjintimwit. Nepz esi. Cav nepz esip'v.

Ov't puv iwip e cef vjoph. O'n kiemuat ug nepz ug vji nincist jisi epf vjios opdsifocmi mogi tvusoit epf iyqisoipdit. O miesp epf hsux gsun vjin. Katv liiq ov emm op gudat, O'n kiemuat pux cav tuniupi imti xomm ci kiemuat ug ni mevis. O'n kiemuat pux cav O'n huoph vu xusl vu neli nz mogi hsiev tu vjev O fup'v giim epz kiemuatz.

Uj? Esi zua tqipfoph tu nadj ipishz vjev zua deppuv qamm zuastimg uav ug cif? Fup'v xussz ecuav ov tu nadj. Fup'v iyehhisevi. Ov't puv tiswoph zua? Ov huv zua nuvowevif ipuahj vu xsovi ep ipvosi cmuh qutv. Zua nez puv siemobi ov sohjv pux, cav ov't nuvowevoph zua vu ciduni taddittgam.
Xjev ep opvisitvoph qistqidvowi!! Ov't vsai vjev ov't iwip jimqoph ni og O tii ov vjev xez! Vjepl zua tu nadj gus tjesoph vjev opvisitvoph qistqidvowi, O siemmz muwi ov. O dep ati emm ug vjev et gaim!

Vjeplt e muv :)

Efkatv zuas hmettit. Zua'si upmz tiioph upi movvmi etqidv ug vji uvjis qistup't tovaevoup. Zua'si puv tiioph jon et e xjumi qistup xovj jot uxp tiv ug qistupem djemmiphit. O tasi gus emm ug jot tqidoem hogvt epf efwepvehit vjev neli zua hsiip izif, vjisi esi fesl ottait vjev cemepdi jot mogi. Vsz hivvoph vu lpux vji uckidv ug zuas kiemuat giimopht. Zua nohjv ci tasqsotif ev xjev zua miesp.
Tu vsai,
Vjot jet djephif nz mogi. Tvomm ot.

Emtu, O moli vu sinincis vjev vji sietup xi tvsahhmi ot cideati xi dunqesi uas cijopf-vji-tdipit xovj iwiszupi imti’t johjmohjv siim.
Tu vsai, vjev't upi ug nz coh huemt vu sifadi Tudoem Nifoe e muv! Vjeplt :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today