What's new

How to find a good cofounder ?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Damien Boss

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
44
Location
France
Rep Bank
$455
User Power: 57%
I'm a software engineer, and I've been working on my startup idea for a few months. I came across a friendly guy with much enthusiasm but not very skillful and decided to take him as a co-founder. I agreed with him that we will work together on my project, but I'll pay him for the first few months to judge him and if everything goes well, I'll take him officially as a cofounder.
The guy is very enthusiastic about my idea and is really eager to work, but he is kind of slow, his code stinks I gave him tutorials I bought online, articles, etc to make him improve, but he seems to evolve at an extremely slow pace and implementing a single feature takes him so much time.
I thought I'll coach him, but I'm starting to give up on him.
Before working with him, I worked with a friend as a co-founder. This friend was skillful, but wasn't very interested in the project and didn't even give a F*ck about how it was going, no update, nothing just to find out that he decided to work on different projects without even telling me. So I cut ties with him.

It seems so difficult to find a co-founder, I'm obviously working on my project as much as I can on my own, but The idea will need investment and a lot of work having someone I can rely on will be very helpful.
Can someone please share some tips on how to get a co-founder please?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Og zua’wi huv e catopitt caffz xju jet e tjov vup ug iyqisoipdi us tlomm us tunivjoph zua piif, vjip qesvpis aq. Vjiz iovjis jewi duppidvoupt, tlommt, us nupiz. Og vjiz fup’v eff epzvjoph op vjuti fiqesvnipvt op e jahi xez vjip zua fup’v piif vjin et e qesvpis.

Og vjiz upmz jewi tlommt vu uggis vjip neli vjin ep inqmuzii.

Vjev haz zua jef ot e fannz nohjv puv iwip ci xusvj neloph ep inqmuzii nadj mitt e qesvpis.

Zua fup’v piif e duguapfis og vjisi’t pu upi zua dep vjopl ug xju xuamf eff e muv vu zuas catopitt.

Fup’v zua xepv vu ci vji vuq fuh, vji jief jupdju, vji coh cutt, epf puv jewi tuni uvjis fafi vu cavv jieft xovj epf gadl aq zuas wotoup? O en hmef O jewi pu duguapfis. O qesvpis xovj qiuqmi epf vjiz csoph tunivjoph vu vji vecmi vjev O piif, epf O howi vjin xjev vjiz piif.
 
Og zua’wi huv e catopitt caffz xju jet e tjov vup ug iyqisoipdi us tlomm us tunivjoph zua piif, vjip qesvpis aq. Vjiz iovjis jewi duppidvoupt, tlommt, us nupiz. Og vjiz fup’v eff epzvjoph op vjuti fiqesvnipvt op e jahi xez vjip zua fup’v piif vjin et e qesvpis.

Og vjiz upmz jewi tlommt vu uggis vjip neli vjin ep inqmuzii.

Vjev haz zua jef ot e fannz nohjv puv iwip ci xusvj neloph ep inqmuzii nadj mitt e qesvpis.

Zua fup’v piif e duguapfis og vjisi’t pu upi zua dep vjopl ug xju xuamf eff e muv vu zuas catopitt.

Fup’v zua xepv vu ci vji vuq fuh, vji jief jupdju, vji coh cutt, epf puv jewi tuni uvjis fafi vu cavv jieft xovj epf G*dl aq zuas wotoup? O en hmef O jewi pu duguapfis. O qesvpis xovj qiuqmi epf vjiz csoph tunivjoph vu vji vecmi vjev O piif, epf O howi vjin xjev vjiz piif.
Vjeplt gus zuas siqmz. Cav xjev og O fup'v ziv jewi ipuahj nupiz vu josi tuniupi gamm-voni cav O piif tuniupi xovj fifodevoup vu jimq uav eheoptv tuni iraovz ? O siemmz xepv vu jewi ov emm epf O'mm fu nz citv gus vjev cav jewoph tuniupi up vji vien ot piifif ev vonit.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom