The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to concentrate?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Icecreamchild

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 13, 2019
I thought of stepping into freelancing by creating digital assets for clients. Then I watched some Youtube videos on how to create them. When I decided to create some for my portfolio I was unable to do it. Whenever I sit to create I feel some kind of resistance. I keep watching more Youtube videos on the subject or surfing this forum. Can you guys tell me how to concentrate and do the work?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I would guess the resistance you feel is fear of the unknown / discomfort. Our brains are wired to keep us safe. When you're looking at YouTube videos, it feels like you're doing something and to a degree you are, but there's a point when it's not a learning exercise, but a keeping you safe exercise. It allows you to picture all the things you could be doing, but not having the discomfort of doing it and getting it wrong.

Truth is you just need to take action. If you're struggling with overwhelm of where to get started then recreate an existing digital asset that's already out there. Try to make it exactly the same so there's safety in knowing what the start and finish is. I bet you once you get going, your confidence will kick in and what started as a direct copy will turn into something much more unique and creative.

Last edited:

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
I thought of stepping into freelancing by creating digital assets for clients. Then I watched some Youtube videos on how to create them. When I decided to create some for my portfolio I was unable to do it. Whenever I sit to create I feel some kind of resistance. I keep watching more Youtube videos on the subject or surfing this forum. Can you guys tell me how to concentrate and do the work?

Procrastination.

Essentially you're putting off big tasks by trying to learn more (YT vids) or trying to get feedback on here, you know deep down you need to do what you've already learnt, I'd suggest getting another laptop that has no social media or games, put your regular laptop and your phone in your bedroom whilst you get to work on your project.

Also as you're first starting out I'd suggest having a "work room" that isnt somewhere you associate with something else - as in, dining room for eating, bedroom for sleeping, living room for relaxing.

Have a work room for working and getting stuff done.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Your urge to return to the safety of consuming is your Lizard Brain trying to keep you safe from change.

Use that urge as a signal you’re about to do something that will change the status quo... and rub your hands with glee while you double your efforts.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
-Meditation
-Pomodoro's
-Scheduled 'Deep Work' blocks.
-Organise your task around the question from 'The One Thing' - "What’s the ONE Thing I can do [goal] [time frame] such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?"
-Complete the answer to the above question first thing (whilst your willpower bar is full)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Something else:

You want to move from being a consumer to being a producer right?

You can’t consume your way out of being a consumer.

“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

Who are you going to invoice for watching those YouTube videos?

MoneyPhantom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
Germany
I'm not in a position to do this now. I have tried this extension to block sites without any success. I would just turn off the extension and visit youtube.

Put a random password into the extension, write it down and let someone else only give it back to you by the end of the day for example – or if you have your first paying customer, or whatever you define as "success".

You can also use tools like SelfControl which is hardly circumventable.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Stop eating ice cream like a F*cking child :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.