The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to bring an idea or product to market-What should I do?

Idea threads

stoltzk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 11, 2016
New Orleans, La
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, in fact I don't really do forums unless my car is broken and I need information on how to fix it. I wanted to start this thread to bring together credible information and knowledge on how to bring to market ideas and products, especially for those that have never done it. It is my hopes that people with experience in this area can offer good information to help the rest of us.

I currently have a prototype of an improved existing product and I'm fighting (in my head) to figure out if I should pursue patenting and licensing myself or if I should go with a professional company (InventionHome.com etc.) for my first rodeo. There are fees involved and a 20% take. I hear stories of people having trouble getting in front of companies to pitch their ideas so I really don't know which path to take.

Anyone with experience in this area is more than welcome to post here, it would be a great help for those in the same situation. Hopefully MJ will be able to make some comments and help out.

Thanks
Keith

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

stoltzk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 11, 2016
New Orleans, La
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, in fact I don't really do forums unless my car is broken and I need information on how to fix it. I wanted to start this thread to bring together credible information and knowledge on how to bring to market ideas and products, especially for those that have never done it. It is my hopes that people with experience in this area can offer good information to help the rest of us.

I currently have a prototype of an improved existing product and I'm fighting (in my head) to figure out if I should pursue patenting and licensing myself or if I should go with a professional company (InventionHome.com etc.) for my first rodeo. There are fees involved and a 20% take. I hear stories of people having trouble getting in front of companies to pitch their ideas so I really don't know which path to take.

Anyone with experience in this area is more than welcome to post here, it would be a great help for those in the same situation. Hopefully MJ will be able to make some comments and help out.

Thanks
Keith

Any takers? Is there anyone out there that can offer some advise?

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Keith, use the search Tool, I think the topic you are looking for,has been covered in a previous thread.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Here is something I came across 2 years ago and again tonight: https://www.appsumo.com/how-to-make-your-first-dollar-single-payment/buy/

Hope that helps.

I'm weighing this up vs KDP outsourcing vs prototype outsourcing, deadline Monday

I've already, paid for my first book, now discussing about my prototype.

I only have a biz name registered back home (LDC) had my Cop cousin help me register it for an export biz that never eventuated, and then I couldn't even verify the successful registration of the biz name by the Investment Authority (via e-mail), gotta love the 3rd world.

I think I will pay for it on Monday and get more sh** rolling, it's been almost 2 years since I've been on TMF Forum just about lost my mind in that time. Nothing much to show for it externally except a 'small' lump sum cash payment.

@stoltzk don't fret I've been here 2 fn years and were about at the same level regarding external results.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Sorry wrong link sent before, here is what I meant to send: http://www.appsumo.com/how-to-make-your-first-dollar/#pricing

Anyway @stoltzk if you want to discuss your situation with others here, I suggest you could stick around, read more and give more first.

There are plenty of experienced and successful heads in here who could steer you in the right direction. I know once I have taken more action or given more value, I will ask for help if I need it here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Keith
I am going through this exact process/battle right now. Best of luck buddy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.