The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can't decide between an Engineering or Business degree, time is running out to decide. What should I do?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Currently, I have come upon the crossroads of either Engineering specifically Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain Management/Logistics under Business and Business Management.

I've started looking at various factors, salaries, the educational opportunity that my university provides (both programs are very good). At my high school I've taken business classes within Marketing, Business Management, and Supply Chain which I have enjoyed. I've also taken classes for coding/computer science and Engineering which I haven't enjoyed too much but am exceptionally well at, be recognized for my ability in class to complete projects, and obtaining a precision measurements tools certification. I am also really good at CAD using both SolidWorks and Onshape but I don't like it.

On the business side I enjoy the topics and find them engaging and do well through the classes. As a young Entrepreneur, I do desire to create and develop various businesses. One for instance is a construction company, and I believe being educated on supply chain would be beneficial as it would provide an edge against my competitors considering many projects are halted due to delays and shipment of building materials. The shorter the project and the better the quality, the higher frequency of clients I can take in. On the other hand Engineering can provide me the insights on design. Regardless, I still have to confer with Civil Engineers, Architects, Electrical Engineers, and etc. to ensure that the building would be up to code, safe, and usable even if I, myself was an engineer.

Most of the engineers I know work for various companies and only one who owns his own business in biosystems which I am not interested in being in anymore.

Most people who go to get Investors for instance like SharkTank have no experience in design or engineering but teach themselves to solve a problem that they find themselves facing, similar to the ability of finding what is needed in Unscripted and selling that good or service. One large concern from my observations between the Investors and the company that is requesting funding is not the product itself but issues within supply chain. Whether it be quality control, manufacturer and the company that first developed the product relationship, or delays on transportation/logistical issues. Not to mention warehousing, and over-inventorying too many units of a product. All of which are important aspects to make a productocracy, where being a fiduciary of customers/stakeholders allows success of the business through good customer service and quality products.

Finally, I have researched the potential income between both careers within my area and both have very similar pays, at around 70-110k per year so both equally are about on par if looking at it from an employable side.

From what I have shared, what would be the better option for me and my education since I either have to get a degree within Business or Engineering for Supply Chain or Mechanical Engineering? I do apologize as well if this was confusing to read as I had many concepts and thoughts quickly flow as I wrote. Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
get the engineering degree

people assume that people with engineering degrees are smart. Business degrees are middle of the road.

Plus, all of the quantitative thinking that you'll acquire from engineering coursework will be really valuable

also, the real value of college is networking - so make sure to meet a lot of people and just get decent grades (3.5 ish)

arguino

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 24, 2020
Montreal, Qc, Canada
From reading you, it seems you want to go study business, go for it. It's better to be very good at something that you love doing than be average at something you chose for the wrong reasons. And in this case, I think both have benefits, if you're really good at business, I'm certain you'll find good engineers to work with.

Be the damn bess at what you do and leverage the hell out of it ✌️

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Currently, I have come upon the crossroads of either Engineering specifically Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain Management/Logistics under Business and Business Management.

I've started looking at various factors, salaries, the educational opportunity that my university provides (both programs are very good). At my high school I've taken business classes within Marketing, Business Management, and Supply Chain which I have enjoyed. I've also taken classes for coding/computer science and Engineering which I haven't enjoyed too much but am exceptionally well at, be recognized for my ability in class to complete projects, and obtaining a precision measurements tools certification. I am also really good at CAD using both SolidWorks and Onshape but I don't like it.

On the business side I enjoy the topics and find them engaging and do well through the classes. As a young Entrepreneur, I do desire to create and develop various businesses. One for instance is a construction company, and I believe being educated on supply chain would be beneficial as it would provide an edge against my competitors considering many projects are halted due to delays and shipment of building materials. The shorter the project and the better the quality, the higher frequency of clients I can take in. On the other hand Engineering can provide me the insights on design. Regardless, I still have to confer with Civil Engineers, Architects, Electrical Engineers, and etc. to ensure that the building would be up to code, safe, and usable even if I, myself was an engineer.

Most of the engineers I know work for various companies and only one who owns his own business in biosystems which I am not interested in being in anymore.

Most people who go to get Investors for instance like SharkTank have no experience in design or engineering but teach themselves to solve a problem that they find themselves facing, similar to the ability of finding what is needed in Unscripted and selling that good or service. One large concern from my observations between the Investors and the company that is requesting funding is not the product itself but issues within supply chain. Whether it be quality control, manufacturer and the company that first developed the product relationship, or delays on transportation/logistical issues. Not to mention warehousing, and over-inventorying too many units of a product. All of which are important aspects to make a productocracy, where being a fiduciary of customers/stakeholders allows success of the business through good customer service and quality products.

Finally, I have researched the potential income between both careers within my area and both have very similar pays, at around 70-110k per year so both equally are about on par if looking at it from an employable side.

From what I have shared, what would be the better option for me and my education since I either have to get a degree within Business or Engineering for Supply Chain or Mechanical Engineering? I do apologize as well if this was confusing to read as I had many concepts and thoughts quickly flow as I wrote. Thank you
Study engineering and learn business by starting one. Business school is a waste of money.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
From reading you, it seems you want to go study business, go for it. It's better to be very good at something that you love doing than be average at something you chose for the wrong reasons. And in this case, I think both have benefits, if you're really good at business, I'm certain you'll find good engineers to work with.

Be the damn bess at what you do and leverage the hell out of it ✌️
Thank you, I didn't want to be biased but I already know I lean more towards business. Every aspect interests me. The engineering aspect can help me develop my ideas but the business is what is going to make it accessible.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Study engineering and learn business by starting one. Business school is a waste of money.
Would you recommend Engineering for college or taking Udemy courses on topics like physics? I had a similar thread I posted a few months ago where I had books referenced to me by Engineers on design to get started.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
You can get an engineering degree with a business minor or just take some business classes on the side. I took some businesses classes while doing engineering, like accounting. They were waaaaay easier than my engineering classes...
Good suggestion to taking some business classes on the side, I suppose in the form of electives. I'm really torn by the decision because I know that at a foundational sense engineering will be extremely useful, but I've considered I won't be applying them enough on the businesses I want to leverage my skills on. I totally agree, the Engineering classes are extremely rigorous, which I do like because it shows integrity and achievement, but where I have become uninterested due to my classes in high school I fear that I may face burn out. I've considered a SWOT analysis for myself and my options, is there a better reflective tool to utilize?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Good suggestion to taking some business classes on the side, I suppose in the form of electives. I'm really torn by the decision because I know that at a foundational sense engineering will be extremely useful, but I've considered I won't be applying them enough on the businesses I want to leverage my skills on. I totally agree, the Engineering classes are extremely rigorous, which I do like because it shows integrity and achievement, but where I have become uninterested due to my classes in high school I fear that I may face burn out. I've considered a SWOT analysis for myself and my options, is there a better reflective tool to utilize?
If you aren’t interested in pursuing engineering, then there’s no reason to study it. I don’t use my degree very much and to be honest I’d much rather be solely an entrepreneur and businessman.

*EDIT: I do agree with what @AceVentures said below and I think perhaps I'm taking some of what I knew before entering university for granted, as I had a lot of free work experience with things like AutoCAD and 3d modeling already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I did the engineering. And got a good job.
I think, it doesn’t matter for your business, what you do. When you do your grade, neither will make you a business man!

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Get the engineering degree.

A typical BSc in Mechanical Engineering includes topics like Static Mechanics (understanding how bodies are held in place), Dynamics (objects in motion), Solid Mechanics (the study of internal forces within bodies), Fluid Mechanics (the study of all moving particles, liquid and gas), Thermodynamics (the study of energy transfers), Systems and Vibrations (how all oscillations keep bodies in motion and the effect of these motions on performance).

These are only some of the Mechanical engineering topics and doesn't include all the math like Linear Algebra, Statistics and Probabilities, Calculus 1,2,3, Differential equations. You also learn technical writing and drawing and you work on many multidisciplinary projects before you graduate.

The point being - these topics you learn are axiomatic - they describe the world around us and how we can model their behavior for designing and optimizing creative solutions.

A systems analysis is a powerful way of approaching problem solving, and knowing the physics, math, and science behind how elements in the Universe behave will give you a unique perspective in your life, even if you don't go work for a company as a project or design engineer.

Business topics that are taught at university are easy to learn. I learned all the finance and economics either on the job or on my own in books/courses - but I could never have taught myself differential equations or fluid mechanics from scratch unless I had a gun to my head.

stevensarber

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 23, 2022
Oregon State University
I am currently a sophomore in Computer Science, and this is a question I have wondered about as well, so I thank you for posting it. The replies have been interesting. The conclusion I have come to over the past year is that like AceVentures said, I can learn most everything I need about business and entrepreneurship through books and practice because it is very interesting to me and I will do it in my free time, but I wouldn't spend my free time learning Computer Science stuff. I am planning to take some business courses and get a minor in something business related through my degree program however.

I am only a sophomore in college, so my perspective isn't one that's fully formed yet. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: I started college as a Mechanical Engineering major, and then switched to CS after taking a Python course my first semester.

Last edited:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I went the engineering route for both undergraduate AND graduate degrees. LOVED both. Loved the complexity and challenge of the classes, the people in engineering school, and learning how certain processes work (in chemical / material science sector).

Close to guaranteed a well paying slowlane job upon exit (especially so if you are willing to move).

This question was always a no-brainer to me, without a second thought.

I only lasted 2 years in my full time role as an engineer, the entrepreneur / fastlane pull was too strong.

Anything BUSINESS I learned by executing in my fastlane businesses.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Would you recommend Engineering for college or taking Udemy courses on topics like physics? I had a similar thread I posted a few months ago where I had books referenced to me by Engineers on design to get started.
An engineering degree opens a lot of doors, and is one of the best degree regardless of what you want to do in the future. An engineering degree means you will be perceived as intelligent, able to learn things fast, and understand complex topics. That's why you will find people with engineering degrees working in other industries like finance.
Taking online courses on Udemy (in my opinion) won't challenge you, nor give you this credibility in any meaningful way.
The hard part of an engineering degree is a large volume of complex topics at a very fast pace. If you can't keep up, you drop out.
An engineering degree is the most common degree among high ranking CEOs, more common than a business degree.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Its what you want:
Engineering you learn best at university.
Entrepreneuring you learn best at reading books like tfm AND taking action.
So the easiest way may be getting a business degree. But its the easiest, not the best!

Peter Abrahamian

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 22, 2020

Wow, I have the same EXACT dilemma! So far, I have put a year into community college, and have been majoring in Economics. I want to transfer to UCLA majoring in Economics, but my end goal is to create my own FASTLANE business. I'm torn between the two, because I think having an engineering degree will help me get a better SLOWLANE job and will help me in my pursuit of building a profitable business. All I know is that getting an engineering degree is tough, so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort if my end goal is to run my own business.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have an economics and management degree from a good business school. It worked for me, but I also don’t really attribute my life to it either. So I vote business, I guess. It still just depends on so much.

No matter what you choose. Learning never stops.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
If you aren’t interested in pursuing engineering, then there’s no reason to study it. I don’t use my degree very much and to be honest I’d much rather be solely an entrepreneur and businessman.

*EDIT: I do agree with what @AceVentures said below and I think perhaps I'm taking some of what I knew before entering university for granted, as I had a lot of free work experience with things like AutoCAD and 3d modeling already.
Thanks for sharing, I wonder if I won't use my degree as much as its worth and should go more Entrepreneur route as you said. It could open new doors for me to making new ideas. Currently in my Engineering class I have the opportunity that I can test for my NIC in CAD (National Industry Certification). There are limited seats but if you pass it then you have better job opportunities which could produce my initial funding.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
An engineering degree opens a lot of doors, and is one of the best degree regardless of what you want to do in the future. An engineering degree means you will be perceived as intelligent, able to learn things fast, and understand complex topics. That's why you will find people with engineering degrees working in other industries like finance.
Taking online courses on Udemy (in my opinion) won't challenge you, nor give you this credibility in any meaningful way.
The hard part of an engineering degree is a large volume of complex topics at a very fast pace. If you can't keep up, you drop out.
An engineering degree is the most common degree among high ranking CEOs, more common than a business degree.
I find this very interesting, and the credibility it would bring would be extremely beneficial as an Appeal to my Ethos of who I am and why my ideas matter

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Wow, I have the same EXACT dilemma! So far, I have put a year into community college, and have been majoring in Economics. I want to transfer to UCLA majoring in Economics, but my end goal is to create my own FASTLANE business. I'm torn between the two, because I think having an engineering degree will help me get a better SLOWLANE job and will help me in my pursuit of building a profitable business. All I know is that getting an engineering degree is tough, so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort if my end goal is to run my own business.
Yeah, that's the part I struggle with too. It's a tough decision and tough class load but is perceived as very beneficial. What I don't want happening is to end up in the Slowlane abandoning my Fastlane dreams because I become content with a Slowlane job due to the job itself when its supposed to be the lane where I can merge into the Fastlane.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
I have an economics and management degree from a good business school. It worked for me, but I also don’t really attribute my life to it either. So I vote business, I guess. It still just depends on so much.

No matter what you choose. Learning never stops.
Definitely, I agree. The learning and doing never stops, and there's always problems to solve, people to help fixing their inconveniences and problems for my freedom.

Peter Abrahamian

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 22, 2020
Yeah, that's the part I struggle with too. It's a tough decision and tough class load but is perceived as very beneficial. What I don't want happening is to end up in the Slowlane abandoning my Fastlane dreams because I become content with a Slowlane job due to the job itself when its supposed to be the lane where I can merge into the Fastlane.
That is what I am afraid of, too. That is why I won't pursue the typical doctor/lawyer route. Too much schooling, too much debt, and too much time devoted to the job. Engineering is less schooling by far, but I am not sure if the job itself will drain me completely, leaving me trapped in a job I can't escape in the end.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Its what you want:
Engineering you learn best at university.
Entrepreneuring you learn best at reading books like tfm AND taking action.
So the easiest way may be getting a business degree. But its the easiest, not the best!
I agree, I've read numerous books from MJ's books to Dale Carnegie, John C. Maxwell, Napoleon Hill, etc. I also am going to get licensed for real estate and may start an LLC soon for a business needed within the area (as long as I do a market segment to assess impact) along with investing in stocks. So I'm learning to take action as you have said

At the end of the day I could do both, get a formal education and learn from my own endeavors. It won't be easy but will be much more rewarding compared to the easier option as you had pointed out.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Get the engineering degree.

A typical BSc in Mechanical Engineering includes topics like Static Mechanics (understanding how bodies are held in place), Dynamics (objects in motion), Solid Mechanics (the study of internal forces within bodies), Fluid Mechanics (the study of all moving particles, liquid and gas), Thermodynamics (the study of energy transfers), Systems and Vibrations (how all oscillations keep bodies in motion and the effect of these motions on performance).

These are only some of the Mechanical engineering topics and doesn't include all the math like Linear Algebra, Statistics and Probabilities, Calculus 1,2,3, Differential equations. You also learn technical writing and drawing and you work on many multidisciplinary projects before you graduate.

The point being - these topics you learn are axiomatic - they describe the world around us and how we can model their behavior for designing and optimizing creative solutions.

A systems analysis is a powerful way of approaching problem solving, and knowing the physics, math, and science behind how elements in the Universe behave will give you a unique perspective in your life, even if you don't go work for a company as a project or design engineer.

Business topics that are taught at university are easy to learn. I learned all the finance and economics either on the job or on my own in books/courses - but I could never have taught myself differential equations or fluid mechanics from scratch unless I had a gun to my head.
Wow! I didn't think about it at this perspective. In understanding the complexities of how things work I can have a unique understanding at how to go about a specific process, saving time, money, and energy that I can use elsewhere. Without the idea, the service or good created, then there would be no business. Thanks for sharing

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
That is what I am afraid of, too. That is why I won't pursue the typical doctor/lawyer route. Too much schooling, too much debt, and too much time devoted to the job. Engineering is less schooling by far, but I am not sure if the job itself will drain me completely, leaving me trapped in a job I can't escape in the end.
Definitely, what should be important is to have a plan on how you will escape after graduating and securing a job that can build the capital necessary to start your own Entrepreneurial Endeavors. My biggest thing is I'm interested in Research and Development, then taking those skills and applying them for optimization, learning business throughout. We would also meet people who will later be beneficial contacts who we can even collaborate with. I do feel split but from the thread, the contributors have been supportive of both decisions, but showing engineering may be even more beneficial.

Peter Abrahamian

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 22, 2020
Definitely, what should be important is to have a plan on how you will escape after graduating and securing a job that can build the capital necessary to start your own Entrepreneurial Endeavors. My biggest thing is I'm interested in Research and Development, then taking those skills and applying them for optimization, learning business throughout. We would also meet people who will later be beneficial contacts who we can even collaborate with. I do feel split but from the thread, the contributors have been supportive of both decisions, but showing engineering may be even more beneficial.
Yea bro. I decided that I'm going to switch my major from Economics to Computer Science. So far, I have to take the Major Prep courses for it, and I have 2 years to decide if I want to for sure go into Computer Science since all engineering majors are pretty similar in terms of Major Prep courses for the first 2 years. I just know that I want to be in the engineering field.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

If you prefer stability go for a professional degree.

Professional degree like engineering and accountancy always guarantee a stable job after graduation.

Shark tank tend to focus on consumer products as the program producer said if they featured too technical deals audience would fall asleep. So in the pre-selection they focused on easy to understand consumer products.

Business majors don’t find good jobs easily because they are usually filling roles that are easily replaceable with another guy with decent IQ.

But if you are pretty determined to run your own business really soon, and not bothered about the lack of job stability in the case you need a job, business major is still the most relevant degree.
You can always pick up the skill later depending on the exact business you are going to do. If you study business you 100 percent are studying relevant things. There is no need to sink four years to build an extremely niche knowledge and certification.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Yea bro. I decided that I'm going to switch my major from Economics to Computer Science. So far, I have to take the Major Prep courses for it, and I have 2 years to decide if I want to for sure go into Computer Science since all engineering majors are pretty similar in terms of Major Prep courses for the first 2 years. I just know that I want to be in the engineering field.
Sounds good man! 2 years of work for a side hustle and time to make your decision. I ultimately decided that Mechanical Engineering would be good in opening the door to the critical thinking, slowlane job opportunities and other important aspects that come with the degree.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you prefer stability go for a professional degree.

Professional degree like engineering and accountancy always guarantee a stable job after graduation.

Shark tank tend to focus on consumer products as the program producer said if they featured too technical deals audience would fall asleep. So in the pre-selection they focused on easy to understand consumer products.

Business majors don’t find good jobs easily because they are usually filling roles that are easily replaceable with another guy with decent IQ.

But if you are pretty determined to run your own business really soon, and not bothered about the lack of job stability in the case you need a job, business major is still the most relevant degree.
You can always pick up the skill later depending on the exact business you are going to do. If you study business you 100 percent are studying relevant things. There is no need to sink four years to build an extremely niche knowledge and certification.
I would LOVE to see a version of shark tank with more technical deals. Does this exist?

Examples being a B2B saas company or even an LNG export terminal… who knows what!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.