The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How This Freelance Copywriter Lands Clients Will Blow Your Mind!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
So I came across this guy on another forum (WF) ... he came across like he really knew his copywriting.

I decided I'd hire him for a quick job, and I was really surprised when he replied my email with a video.

You can check it out below:

I've never come across anything like it. I'm sure 95% of freelancers don't do it.... this could be a really awesome way to sell yourself and stand out from the crowd. Did he land me as a client? He sure did :).

@SinisterLex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very impressive way to stand out -- your 9 competitors send over 9 emails, you send over a video. Who will stand out?

I decided I'd hire him for a quick job

How did he do on the job?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Very impressive way to stand out -- your 9 competitors send over 9 emails, you send over a video. Who will stand out?

It is pretty sick, it def. caught my attention.

He uploaded the video today, I hired him today.... I'll make sure to come back and leave details of the quality of his copy when he delivers it.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

Here is the final copy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dcKuIw-O4DK6ax_GLV5qNA-gg2qxc7E9hUKRvl-QD3I/

What are your thoughts? Is it worth the $300 price tag? Personally... I think its not worth more than $100.... but he did one hell of a job selling himself and thus managed to get me to fork over my money for something I'm kinda regretting now lol... he has a powerful queen!

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Here is the final copy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dcKuIw-O4DK6ax_GLV5qNA-gg2qxc7E9hUKRvl-QD3I/

What are your thoughts? Is it worth the $300 price tag? Personally... I think its not worth more than $100.... but he did one hell of a job selling himself and thus managed to get me to fork over my money for something I'm kinda regretting now lol... he has a powerful queen!
The dude pitched you via video, you seem disproportionally impressed by that. That copy might hurt you more than help you to be honest.

Blog articles actually worth a darn: No one cares about how to train a dog to stand on two legs. Sorry to say.

But if you put a dog on a rocket sled and shoot him off a cliff -- now that's a great visual and a flood of potential traffic coming to you.

We can tie the rocket sled pooch back to dog training later, that's the easy part.

A brand. Literally something of value that can not be touched. It can only be felt.

People get strong feelings from your content, and they tie it back to you. It's why kids feel good about Disney and old people feel like kids drinking a Coke or riding a Harley. Now you can have it too.

Viral content does this. Regular articles don’t really do this at all. Unless of course, you actually want to be associated with boredom.

Cringe material right there.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
The dude pitched you via video, you seem disproportionally impressed by that. That copy might hurt you more than help you to be honest.

Blog articles actually worth a darn: No one cares about how to train a dog to stand on two legs. Sorry to say.

But if you put a dog on a rocket sled and shoot him off a cliff -- now that's a great visual and a flood of potential traffic coming to you.

We can tie the rocket sled pooch back to dog training later, that's the easy part.

A brand. Literally something of value that can not be touched. It can only be felt.

People get strong feelings from your content, and they tie it back to you. It's why kids feel good about Disney and old people feel like kids drinking a Coke or riding a Harley. Now you can have it too.

Viral content does this. Regular articles don’t really do this at all. Unless of course, you actually want to be associated with boredom.

Cringe material right there.

http://adcontrarian.blogspot.com/2009/02/7-lessons-from-apple.html
http://adcontrarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/steve-jobs-hated-branding.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-two-most-dreaded-hated-words-at-steve-jobs-apple-2014-3

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
"How This Freelance Copywriter Lands Clients Will Blow Your Mind!"

It's. A. Video.

Mind ≠ Blown

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.