The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much does a Lamborghini really cost?

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
View attachment 11260

This thread is written thanks to @Vigilante for sharing his story on his radio show the other week.

The 2015 price tag according to Car and Driver is $400,995. Great! Let me go down to the ATM and make a withdrawal.

What if I'm being serious? What if you actually do have $400,995 in disposable income to drive down to the Lamborghini dealership right now and actually buy this car?

How did that money get in your bank account to begin with?

You just sold your internet business to a hedge fund.

Ahh, the day every aspiring internet entrepreneur has been waiting for. It all started with an idea, and a desire to make a lot of money, and this is where it led you: A series of checks written fora grand total of $23,850,150 and deposited into your bank account.

Imagine the look on the bank teller's face when you go to deposit those checks.

Can you not do anything except stare back at her with a goofy smile of bliss that stretches ear to ear, almost plastered on your face.

Your face turning red from the excitement of accomplishing the unaccomplishable.

Do you ever think about what you're going to do next?

I mean, you have the money, you have the cars, and you have the freedom.

I actually don't know what I'd do. I'd probably drive the car to get some pizza, hoping nobody scratches the car in the parking lot, before I go home and go to sleep.

I could travel the world, but then my Lamborghini would be sitting in the garage for an entire year.

Do I even want the car anymore, now that I could afford to have it?

These are all good questions, but there is still one question left unanswered...

What does all of this actually cost?

That money didn't come from nowhere.

November 14th, 2011 - I decided I wanted to become a millionaire.

At the beginning, it all starts with a dream. A dream of a better life, with the inspiration and motivation to get started.

Didn't it seem just so...easy, when you were first getting started?
  • Code that website, and make millions of dollars.
  • Create that app, and watch the money roll in.
  • Build that empire....but without putting in the world to actually get there.
The work? The frustration? The pain? The sacrifices?

No...you got me all wrong, that's not part of my plan. I want the Lamborghini, I don't want pain or frustration. Who would want any of that?

I had no clue what I was doing in the beginning, but I didn't let that stop me.

This is where you want to give up, but what happens if you keep pushing forward?

I spent four months teaching myself how to code: HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, PHP.

My website was coded and the money didn't roll in.

During those 4 months, I stayed up well past the sunrise, gained 30 pounds because my diet consisted of fast food and cheetos to numb the pain of getting no results.

I didn't leave my house except to go to the store and buy food, I went on one date and the girl was creeped out because I lost most of my social skills coding in front of a computer for 20 hours a day.

I began suffering from sleep paralysis, where I would wake up, and not be able to move for a few minutes while half my my mind is still in dream world (my eyes were open, but I was still in a dream).

20 hours a day...in front of a computer.

Nobody signed up, and I just spent 4 months of my life building something nobody wanted.

Four months, 20 hours a day...not a single dollar. Not a single user.

This is where you want to give up, but what happens if you keep pushing forward?

Down to $250 in my bank account and on the edge of breaking, I needed a change.

I drove 2,000 miles across the country to Scottsdale, Arizona because I read about a lot of millionaires living there.

The mentorship I was expecting to be handed to me was replaced by the 5 a.m. shift at a customer service job that I hated.

At the end of work everyday, I loaded my self up with pre-workout energy supplements, killed it at the gym, until I went home and passed out on my bed until 3 in the morning, only to repeat the cycle again.

While my friends went out on the weekends, I read books on marketing and business. I stayed in for 2 years in a row for virtually every weekend...while my friends were getting drunk, partying, going to music festivals, and going to Vegas or San Diego to have fun in the moment.

I worked 7 days a week for 2 years straight..without getting paid a dime for most of it.

After 18 months, I made my first dollar online.

I made a few thousand dollars in the upcoming months, only to see that slowly fade away, until I was back to making nothing.

Yes, still working on the weekends for "free".

This is where you want to give up, but
what happens if you keep pushing forward?

I then proceeded to dump my entire savings into advertising for my business, and lost it all.

One month, I had $14 in my bank account after my rent check just cleared. I kept pushing forward...

In 2013, I then decided to chase the money, and the hot thing was promoting "less-than-perfect" affiliate products on sites that will not be mentioned here.

I lost all my money again, and barely made rent this time.

And my Facebook advertising account got banned as a result of this.

Ok, so my money is gone, my friends have left me behind, I have no advertising account anymore, and I've failed multiple times for two years straight.

I get a promotion at my day job to the corporate office, and decide to build some apps in my spare time.

Still exhausted after my even longer work days at the corporate office, I spend 4 hours each night and every weekend building my app business.

My apps get rejected...

I keep pushing forward. My apps were rejected 16 times in a row for five months straight.

I kept pushing forward, my apps were approved, I made $10,000 in one month a couple of months later, quit my job, and then spent 6 months partying and traveling the country.

Oh, when I quit my job, it was right after I was offered a six-figure per year promotion. Most people would jump on it, but I quit....what's the best that could happen?

I was celebrating my success, I was living off of passive income, and I was on top of the world.

But what happens when you're at the top of the world?

The only direction you can go is DOWN.

My apps lost their rankings, I lost everything I built up on Christmas day 2014.

So here I am, at the age of 28, I'm forced to live in my parents house while my (old) friends are there collecting their steady paycheck every week, partying on their nights and weekends, spending all their money on weekend road trips.

I hunkered down, kept pushing forward, and finally fixed my business....and moved back across the country to put the grim reminder of where this all started, and those sleep-paralysis nights behind me.
  • In 2014, I began making $100+ per day.
  • In 2015, I crossed the threshold and made over $1,650 in one day (at my best day so far).
October 2015: Here is an excerpt out of my book that I'm writing, about The Journey....
View attachment 11261

and a few paragraphs later....
View attachment 11262

So what caused all of this and me to rush to the emergency room at 2 in the morning, only to be told that they didn't accept my health insurance?

I don't want to spoil the book, but it's a direct result of the journey I chose to take towards that goal, and a result of choosing a way of life most people give up on.

How much does a Lamborghini cost?

• Sacrificed my nights and weekends,
  • and friends,
  • Put all my money into my business, and lost it all multiple times,
  • Had to live with my parents in 2014 at the age of 28 when I let it all crash the first time,
  • Began experiencing heart palpitations for a month straight, constant bloodshot eyes from staring at a computer screen all day,
  • Creating a business that has impacted over 900,000 people to day (yes, there's some positive to it..and the TRUE cost is helping lots of other people..but that's saved for a different post).
My journey is probably a lot easier than a lot of other people who have "made it" to their destination.

It's filled with highs, and most people never talk about the lows, but they are always there.

So the next time you ask yourself "How much does a Lamborghini cost?" and how can I afford one?

You now have your answer...The question now is, do you even still want it?

View attachment 11263
This post was amazing, it left me speechless at some points. Great read!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great post @AndrewNC -- really digs into the process behind success, the things no one sees and everyone pays money (to some guru) to skip.

Marked Gold.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Great post @AndrewNC -- really digs into the process behind success, the things no one sees and everyone pays money (to some guru) to skip.

Marked Gold.

Yes, that is the whole guru-game "pay me to skip the steps I did to charge you"

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
1: god dam it! Yes!
I award you an internet!

2. There is going to be a book? Take my money!

Thank you again for great post

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View attachment 11260

This thread is written thanks to @Vigilante for sharing his story on his radio show the other week.

The 2015 price tag according to Car and Driver is $400,995. Great! Let me go down to the ATM and make a withdrawal.

What if I'm being serious? What if you actually do have $400,995 in disposable income to drive down to the Lamborghini dealership right now and actually buy this car?

How did that money get in your bank account to begin with?

You just sold your internet business to a hedge fund.

Ahh, the day every aspiring internet entrepreneur has been waiting for. It all started with an idea, and a desire to make a lot of money, and this is where it led you: A series of checks written fora grand total of $23,850,150 and deposited into your bank account.

Imagine the look on the bank teller's face when you go to deposit those checks.

Can you not do anything except stare back at her with a goofy smile of bliss that stretches ear to ear, almost plastered on your face.

Your face turning red from the excitement of accomplishing the unaccomplishable.

Do you ever think about what you're going to do next?

I mean, you have the money, you have the cars, and you have the freedom.

I actually don't know what I'd do. I'd probably drive the car to get some pizza, hoping nobody scratches the car in the parking lot, before I go home and go to sleep.

I could travel the world, but then my Lamborghini would be sitting in the garage for an entire year.

Do I even want the car anymore, now that I could afford to have it?

These are all good questions, but there is still one question left unanswered...

What does all of this actually cost?

That money didn't come from nowhere.

November 14th, 2011 - I decided I wanted to become a millionaire.

At the beginning, it all starts with a dream. A dream of a better life, with the inspiration and motivation to get started.

Didn't it seem just so...easy, when you were first getting started?
  • Code that website, and make millions of dollars.
  • Create that app, and watch the money roll in.
  • Build that empire....but without putting in the world to actually get there.
The work? The frustration? The pain? The sacrifices?

No...you got me all wrong, that's not part of my plan. I want the Lamborghini, I don't want pain or frustration. Who would want any of that?

I had no clue what I was doing in the beginning, but I didn't let that stop me.

I spent four months teaching myself how to code: HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, PHP.

My website was coded and the money didn't roll in.

During those 4 months, I stayed up well past the sunrise, gained 30 pounds because my diet consisted of fast food and cheetos to numb the pain of getting no results.

I didn't leave my house except to go to the store and buy food, I went on one date and the girl was creeped out because I lost most of my social skills coding in front of a computer for 20 hours a day.

I began suffering from sleep paralysis, where I would wake up, and not be able to move for a few minutes while half my my mind is still in dream world (my eyes were open, but I was still in a dream).

20 hours a day...in front of a computer.

Nobody signed up, and I just spent 4 months of my life building something nobody wanted.

Four months, 20 hours a day...not a single dollar. Not a single user.

Down to $250 in my bank account and on the edge of breaking, I needed a change.

I drove 2,000 miles across the country to Scottsdale, Arizona because I read about a lot of millionaires living there.

The mentorship I was expecting to be handed to me was replaced by the 5 a.m. shift at a customer service job that I hated.

At the end of work everyday, I loaded my self up with pre-workout energy supplements, killed it at the gym, until I went home and passed out on my bed until 3 in the morning, only to repeat the cycle again.

While my friends went out on the weekends, I read books on marketing and business. I stayed in for 2 years in a row for virtually every weekend...while my friends were getting drunk, partying, going to music festivals, and going to Vegas or San Diego to have fun in the moment.

I worked 7 days a week for 2 years straight..without getting paid a dime for most of it.

After 18 months, I made my first dollar online.

I made a few thousand dollars in the upcoming months, only to see that slowly fade away, until I was back to making nothing.

Yes, still working on the weekends for "free".

This is where you want to give up, but
what happens if you keep pushing forward?

I then proceeded to dump my entire savings into advertising for my business, and lost it all.

One month, I had $14 in my bank account after my rent check just cleared. I kept pushing forward...

In 2013, I then decided to chase the money, and the hot thing was promoting "less-than-perfect" affiliate products on sites that will not be mentioned here.

I lost all my money again, and barely made rent this time.

And my Facebook advertising account got banned as a result of this.

Ok, so my money is gone, my friends have left me behind, I have no advertising account anymore, and I've failed multiple times for two years straight.

I get a promotion at my day job to the corporate office, and decide to build some apps in my spare time.

Still exhausted after my even longer work days at the corporate office, I spend 4 hours each night and every weekend building my app business.

My apps get rejected...

I keep pushing forward. My apps were rejected 16 times in a row for five months straight.

I kept pushing forward, my apps were approved, I made $10,000 in one month a couple of months later, quit my job, and then spent 6 months partying and traveling the country.

Oh, when I quit my job, it was right after I was offered a six-figure per year promotion. Most people would jump on it, but I quit....what's the best that could happen?

I was celebrating my success, I was living off of passive income, and I was on top of the world.

But what happens when you're at the top of the world?

The only direction you can go is DOWN.

My apps lost their rankings, I lost everything I built up on Christmas day 2014.

So here I am, at the age of 28, I'm forced to live in my parents house while my (old) friends are there collecting their steady paycheck every week, partying on their nights and weekends, spending all their money on weekend road trips.

I hunkered down, kept pushing forward, and finally fixed my business....and moved back across the country to put the grim reminder of where this all started, and those sleep-paralysis nights behind me.
  • In 2014, I began making $100+ per day.
  • In 2015, I crossed the threshold and made over $1,650 in one day (at my best day so far).
October 2015: Here is an excerpt out of my book that I'm writing, about The Journey....
View attachment 11261

and a few paragraphs later....
View attachment 11262

So what caused all of this and me to rush to the emergency room at 2 in the morning, only to be told that they didn't accept my health insurance?

I don't want to spoil the book, but it's a direct result of the journey I chose to take towards that goal, and a result of choosing a way of life most people give up on.

How much does a Lamborghini cost?

• Sacrificed my nights and weekends,
  • and friends,
  • Put all my money into my business, and lost it all multiple times,
  • Had to live with my parents in 2014 at the age of 28 when I let it all crash the first time,
  • Began experiencing heart palpitations for a month straight, constant bloodshot eyes from staring at a computer screen all day,
  • Creating a business that has impacted over 900,000 people to day (yes, there's some positive to it..and the TRUE cost is helping lots of other people..but that's saved for a different post).
My journey is probably a lot easier than a lot of other people who have "made it" to their destination.

It's filled with highs, and most people never talk about the lows, but they are always there.

So the next time you ask yourself "How much does a Lamborghini cost?" and how can I afford one?

You now have your answer...The question now is, do you even still want it?

View attachment 11263
How much does NOT having a Lamborghini really cost?

If you want to sell a book or course, then how can people take you seriously if you don't have a Lamborghini or McMansion?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

If you want to sell a book or course, then how can people take you seriously if you don't have a Lamborghini or McMansion?
I don't want to sell books or a course. Like you, I want to help others succeed and use the money to change the world.

How does one get attention in an already noisy world?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't want to sell books or a course. Like you, I want to help others succeed and use the money to change the world.

How does one get attention in an already noisy world?
It was tongue in cheek of course. ;)

Damn, and it was my 2,000th post!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
have fun along the way ;) hehe

Oh, plenty of fun along the way - It just took some work to get there: Latest video of my last cross country travels since August - This leg of the journey was Seattle through montana, colorado and out to the east coast. :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
You're able to do all of this traveling funded by Limitless Academy man? That is very cool!
I've had a magazine busines: since 2013 so that's the main thing. Limitless is just me teaching my experiences in personal development and that :)

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
When I was child, I remember always wanting a Lamborghini. My dad would buy me the 1:18 scale Lamborghini car models, the ones where you can open the doors, trunk and engine bay.

I remember coming home from a restaurant and on the way back we saw a Lamborghini Diablo behind the glass window of a car dealership. My dad would pull over to the side of the road just so we can get a closer look. My dad, my brother and I would all stare at the car and just embrace it. It was wonderful. Then I told my dad I would get him one, one day...

As time pass, at around the age of 19, I told myself, alright it's time to get serious. I really wanted it bad. I would watch countless amounts of Lamborghini videos on Youtube. Then I would see videos of young people with Lamborghinis and I was in absolute shock. I told myself, how in the world did they get these? I started doing more research about "How to get a Lamborghini". I figured that the people who owned Lamborghini knew something I didn't. So I tracked down these people who owned Lamborghinis and followed them to try to piece the puzzle. I followed people like Allen Wong of regoapps, MJ DeMarco(hence, how I found this forum), Tai Lopez, robert himler, Amy Sangster, secret entourage etc. I would follow these people just to see how they live day to day just to compare my life with theirs and see what they were doing differently. I also wanted to get their thought process down so I could start thinking like a "millionaire" so to speak.

So fast forward in time, at the age of 23, I can official say I don't want a Lambo anymore. I admit, I was beaten. I got scammed from all those get rich quick. I started a bunch of businesses, everything from creating apps, trading, investing, importing products, youtube, reselling on craigslist. Guess what? I too was making pennies. Because my time was so focus on "getting it", one by one all my friends started to disappear. I was so immersed into this, that I couldn't even focus in school anymore. My chances of getting a bachelor degree started to become slim. My happiness slowly faded and soon I became depressed. Every time, I would gain momentum and I would start to see some success, something bad would happen. For example, when I started reselling on craigslist, my inventory was stolen twice (products were huge so they were left outside, but there is a gate). Unbelievable. I was never robbed in my entire life and now if finally happens. I was so scared that I wanted to call it quits, just for the sake of my family not being harmed. Another example, in trading I was able to reach 7% returns only to lose it all in 1 bad investment and over leveraging. Apps only make pennies every month. It was coded on a fail platform.
equit.png

I forgot how to breath. I forgot how to socialize. I can't connect with people anymore. Confidence gone. Hopes of providing for my family gone. Hopes of getting a high paying job is gone. I cried everyday in fear not knowing the direction of where I was headed.

I don't want a Lamborghini anymore. I just want peace of mind, genuine love, health and happiness.

Sorry if this was too personal, but I hope for the young ones out there reading this, don't sacrifice your whole life just for a Lamborghini. If you do want one, just keep it in the back of your head and bury it away. Don't sacrifice the present moment. As the Buddhist says "the more you want, the more the suffering". When the time comes, it will come.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
When I was child, I remember always wanting a Lamborghini. My dad would buy me the 1:18 scale Lamborghini car models, the ones where you can open the doors, trunk and engine bay.

I remember coming home from a restaurant and on the way back we saw a Lamborghini Diablo behind the glass window of a car dealership. My dad would pull over to the side of the road just so we can get a closer look. My dad, my brother and I would all stare at the car and just embrace it. It was wonderful. Then I told my dad I would get him one, one day...

As time pass, at around the age of 19, I told myself, alright it's time to get serious. I really wanted it bad. I would watch countless amounts of Lamborghini videos on Youtube. Then I would see videos of young people with Lamborghinis and I was in absolute shock. I told myself, how in the world did they get these? I started doing more research about "How to get a Lamborghini". I figured that the people who owned Lamborghini knew something I didn't. So I tracked down these people who owned Lamborghinis and followed them to try to piece the puzzle. I followed people like Allen Wong of regoapps, MJ DeMarco(hence, how I found this forum), Tai Lopez, robert himler, Amy Sangster, secret entourage etc. I would follow these people just to see how they live day to day just to compare my life with there and see what they were doing differently. I also wanted to get their thought process down so I could start thinking like a "millionaire" so to speak.

So fast forward in time, at the age of 23, I can official say I don't want a Lambo anymore. I admit, I was beaten. I got scammed from all those get rich quick. I started a bunch of businesses, everything from creating apps, trading, investing, importing products, youtube, reselling on craigslist. Guess what? I too was making pennies. Because my time was so focus on "getting it", one by one all my friends started to disappear. I was so immersed into this, that I couldn't even focus in school anymore. My chances of getting a bachelor degree started to become slim. My happiness slowly faded and soon I became depressed. Every time, I would gain momentum and I would start to see some success, something bad would happen. For example, when I started reselling on craigslist, my inventory was stolen twice (products were huge so they were left outside, but there is a gate). Unbelievable. I was never robbed in my entire life and now if finally happens. I was so scared that I wanted to call it quits, just for the sake of my family not being harmed. Another example, in trading I was able to reach 7% returns only to lose it all in 1 bad investment and over leveraging. Apps only make pennies every month. It was coded on a fail platform.
equit.png

I forgot how to breath. I forgot how to socialize. I can't connect with people anymore. Confidence gone. Hopes of providing for my family gone. Hopes of getting a high paying job is gone. I cried everyday in fear not knowing the direction of where I was headed.

I don't want a Lamborghini anymore. I just want peace of mind, genuine love, health and happiness.

Sorry if this was too personal, but I hope for the young ones out there reading this, don't sacrifice your whole life just for a Lamborghini. If you do want one, just keep it in the back of your head and bury it away. Don't sacrifice the present moment. As the Buddhist says "the more you want, the more the suffering". When the time comes, it will come.
They say that disappointment is the difference between expectation and experience.

I recorded this video in Northern California, which I feel can help you. The journey is the destination. The past and future are "not happening". Be happy now. There is no good or bad. There just is experience. Enjoy all of it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I know it's tongue in cheek, but it actually got me thinking about it seriously because I remembered this article: http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/12/10/how-spending-162301-42-on-clothes-made-me-692500/ and this part:

He usually drives a Mazda, but one of his buddies, who owns a Lamborghini dealership, asked him if he would buy a car as a favor. Mike didn’t care to make a purchase like this, but the dealership team had to sell one more car to hit their monthly sales number. And if they hit that number, Lamborghini was going to give them a big check for moving volume.

The dealership was willing to lose money on the car, so Mike bought it. Granted, once he drove it off the lot, the car depreciated, but he can still resell the car and make a profit of $12,000 to $13,000 after taxes, which he is planning on doing.

Like most of us would do, he decided to drive it for a bit and post a few pictures of it online. Can you guess what happened after he did that?

He received 107 Facebook requests from business owners. Most of them wanted him to invest in their businesses, but five of them offered Mike a portion of their business in exchange for advice. Mike moved forward with one of the companies, which is also providing him with a $50,000 upfront fee for his time.

That’s not too bad, considering all he did was post a picture of himself in a fancy car.

I'm playing the devil's advocate here because I don't care about expensive cars at all. Still, I think the costs of NOT having one can in some cases exceed the costs of having it.

You can drive to a local golf club in a Volkswagen Golf or a Lambo (or just a nice-looking entry-level luxury car like Honda Accord). Which one will communicate better that you're a successful person and create more opportunities for getting to know other successful people?

You can dislike judging books by their covers, but other people do it all the time. Not having an expensive car (or just something better than a beater or a small middle class car) can be costly in such cases.

Obviously I'm not talking about buying an expensive car if you don't have money. I'm talking about how to project your inner success to strangers - if that's what you're after.

As much drama as a Lambo can bring, I'm pretty sure @MJ DeMarco wouldn't attract so many people with an old Ford pickup truck on the cover of his book haha.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know it's tongue in cheek, but it actually got me thinking about it seriously because I remembered this article: http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/12/10/how-spending-162301-42-on-clothes-made-me-692500/ and this part:

I'm playing the devil's advocate here because I don't care about expensive cars at all. Still, I think the costs of NOT having one can in some cases exceed the costs of having it.

You can drive to a local golf club in a Volkswagen Golf or a Lambo (or just a nice-looking entry-level luxury car like Honda Accord). Which one will communicate better that you're a successful person and create more opportunities for getting to know other successful people?

You can dislike judging books by their covers, but other people do it all the time. Not having an expensive car (or just something better than a beater or a small middle class car) can be costly in such cases.

Obviously I'm not talking about buying an expensive car if you don't have money. I'm talking about how to project your inner success to strangers - if that's what you're after.

As much drama as a Lambo can bring, I'm pretty sure @MJ DeMarco wouldn't attract so many people with an old Ford pickup truck on the cover of his book haha.
Interesting you say this. When I have to go to a client site, I drive my wife's newish VW Passat. I don't drive my little 2006 Toyota Corrolla which is usually doing school runs.

I also remember two business owners turning up to a site in new 911's. They also had two nice 5 series for when they thought the 911's would work against them.

I know I was worried as an IT Contractor turning up with a nicer car than the senior managers, so I drove the A4 instead.

When you have clients, then what you drive and how you dress can matter.

Me personally, I love my little black 2006 Toyota Corrolla - because I paid cash and don't owe anything on it.

I do however miss my bikes. :(

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

As time pass, at around the age of 19, I told myself, alright it's time to get serious. I really wanted it bad. I would watch countless amounts of Lamborghini videos on Youtube. Then I would see videos of young people with Lamborghinis and I was in absolute shock. I told myself, how in the world did they get these? I started doing more research about "How to get a Lamborghini". I figured that the people who owned Lamborghini knew something I didn't. So I tracked down these people who owned Lamborghinis and followed them to try to piece the puzzle. I followed people like Allen Wong of regoapps, MJ DeMarco(hence, how I found this forum), Tai Lopez, robert himler, Amy Sangster, secret entourage etc. I would follow these people just to see how they live day to day just to compare my life with theirs and see what they were doing differently. I also wanted to get their thought process down so I could start thinking like a "millionaire" so to speak.

equit.png

Thanks for sharing this. I hope you're more at peace now.

Your post reminded me of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
I'll give my two cents since I'm an owner of a Lamborghini (funny because I found out about this site through some Lamborghini owners :D).

A lot of people see Lamborghini's or these supercars in general as a poor investment and a waste of money, in most cases I would have to agree BUT if you're smart and you should be if you own a Lamborghini (assuming you earned it yourself) its relatively easy to leverage owning a Lamborghini to your advantage.

I'll provide a two examples:

1. Networking. Lamborghini invite me to so many events and these events are all over the world, exposing me to people I would never have met before. Having these contacts is priceless and doing business with these people will probably make you more than you paid for your Lamborghini, essentially paying for itself.

2. Investments. Lamborghini? Investment you say? YES. Its quite simple. I ordered my Lamborghini Aventador Roadster for around a 20K deposit, someone offered me 35K for my build slot and they would've paid for my deposit, so I would have made 35K PROFIT for just having an order. This is a common thing that a lot of people who aren't in this position might not know because these cars are very limited people with cash will throw it at you. This has happened to me a few times. Also if you own enough Lamborghini's/ferrari's you'll often get put on the list for special editions! I had the opportunity to buy a 400K Ferrari from Ferrari but passed, 6 months later that car is now 800K, not my brightest moment.

I understand that it's easier to say this from being in this position but you should be able to see that if you're smart enough you can turn a depreciating asset into something profitable. Everything and anything has value to someone even if you don't see it.

I hope this post was somewhat informative to someone and offers a different perspective.

Edit: Also if you have a supercar its relatively easy to make a popular YT channel, which is what my brother does and some of these YT guys are making serious money!!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
1. Networking. Lamborghini invite me to so many events and these events are all over the world, exposing me to people I would never have met before. Having these contacts is priceless and doing business with these people will probably make you more than you paid for your Lamborghini, essentially paying for itself.
Hmm, very interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing!

1brickatatime

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 14, 2015
I guess some people take it to extremes? e.g sacrifice health until near destruction for financial freedom (this is just a hypothetical example and not directed at the OP ).

then there are others who take a more balanced approach.

The journey isn't all sunshine and rainbows you'll probably have to make sacrifices, though that doesn't mean you need to put yourself through a meat grinder.

:)

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Love the story ! thank you for the motivation.

One thing I will never get is people trying to "buy" their social status and pretending something they are not.

I think its a confidence problem, seriously I have a friend who recently "bought " a mercedes CLA.. just a 40K car right ? nothing fancy...

BUT the guy currently makes 0$ a month [ unemployed, he saved around 100K a few years back working in sales]

Well.. the guy puts around 15,000$ down and now has to pay around 800$ a month...and currently has NO INCOME, or even a plan. [ he says he'll buy a franchise or something... lol]

And when I tell him "what are you doing bro ??? why do u waste your money on a freaking car when u have 0 icnome "
he tells me " well I bought a Mercedes, I didnt lease it, like the pretenders do " .

Dude, bro, you owe around 60% of the value of you car, its your BANKs car not your car !

I laughed.

I can afford to buy a mercedes CASH right now [ not a big deal, im just proving a point ] and I would never ever do that until I have at least a few streams of serous income and like MJ said, untill I feel like its a "gum" which means I buy it cash and dont even remember if I paid or not... and if I did pay and forget screw it charge the card again just in case, lol

I'll drive a corolla all day but ill NEVER EVER have my freedom taken from me again. and when I make my millions maybe ill buy some lambos just for the fun,not to show off and not to get girls, I was getting girls even when I was taking ubers to clubs because I just moved and didnt drive ( true story ) .

Use your brain people, dont pay money that you don't have and blow it on a freaking car. thats how the markets crashed in 2008, because of the freaking PRETENDERS.

Cheers guys,

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
I had a Jeep Wrangler and was cruising around with my daughter sans doors and top and we went to the store. A guy asked where the rest of the vehicle was. I told him the bank owned the other half and laughed.

But in the joke I say the truth. No other vehicle I owned had a payment.

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Yup, I know MJ wrote in his book " not all debt is evil " or something like that and I totally agree IF this debt will help you leverage your income somehow.

Getting a debt on a car won't. and im not buying the whole " yeah but it will make me feel better about myself and then I will gain more confidence and therefore make more money "
If you need more confidence watch some Tony robbins on youtube, dont dump 100k on a car.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Yup, I know MJ wrote in his book " not all debt is evil " or something like that and I totally agree IF this debt will help you leverage your income somehow.

Getting a debt on a car won't. and im not buying the whole " yeah but it will make me feel better about myself and then I will gain more confidence and therefore make more money "
If you need more confidence watch some Tony robbins on youtube, dont dump 100k on a car.

Besides, if you need a new/expensive car to feel gokd about yourself, you got deep issues!

I have noticed thst those people like that get ate up in the biz...

JacobBW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Great post!
What are we willing to sacrifice for success?
Health?
Weekends?
Friends?
Family?
Where do we draw the line?
Because there will be sacrifices.

Frankie Relax

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
May 1, 2015
Italy
This is absolutely amazing bro, and kind of scary, I am in the same position now. A little bit more balanced though 2% of the time. Even right no im running on now sleep because I was up night coding, happens at least twice a week. Doing this for a while my self I came to realize there is a healthy obsession and unhealthy obsession. You cant enjoy your money if you're dead. Time management is KEY is all of our situations.

Totally agree. What do you do with lots of money if you lose your health?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.