The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many action fakes can the fastlane come up with??

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just a couple more hours of research...
Just a couple more motivational videos of those entrepreneurs living in mansions and driving Lambos...
Just a couple more books...
Just a couple more classes...
Just a couple more paychecks before I spend money on my idea...
Just a couple more levels on this video game...
Just a couple more forum posts...
Just a couple more Instagram selfies...
Just a couple more...

Just a couple more...

Just a couple more...

Just a couple more...

Just a couple more hours before I die.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
Just a couple more hours of research...
Just a couple more motivational videos of those entrepreneurs living in mansions and driving Lambos...
Just a couple more books...
Just a couple more classes...
Just a couple more paychecks before I spend money on my idea...
Just a couple more levels on this video game...
Just a couple more forum posts...
Just a couple more Instagram selfies...
Just a couple more...

Just a couple more...

Just a couple more...

Just a couple more...

Just a couple more hours before I die.

My reaction while reading

reaction-pretty-little-liars-summer-finale-10bnIz5q1FMJ1u

fastlanedan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 2, 2016
"I've got to register for self-employment tax returns and wait for the tax office to confirm before I can start"
Heard this one so much. Context: in the UK you can register as self-employed after you start actually selling stuff. no need to wait for them to "approve" it first.

"I'm going to see an accountant in a couple of weeks" - Context: Broke without 2 pesos to rub together, worrying about compliance before they've even sold 1 unit.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
"Let me read all of the Gold/Notable threads in this forum before I take action".
Bump.

On a slight note, I actually haven't really finished reading the GOLD and NOTABLEs even though I've been here for some time.

Once in a while I fall upon some tidbits there, which have me screaming, 'Why haven't I read this yet???' :smile2:

But that's fine. There's no rule in the book that says you cannot take action without the GOLD and NOTABLE threads.

I seriously dislike this book!
The parts on outsourcing were decent. But yes, the style didn't feel holistic....didn't really emphasize service to the economy as UNSCRIPTED and TMF hammered down on.

Take what is useful for your own business.

Sparrowhawk

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 20, 2018
Bulgaria
Let's wait, maybe another better idea will come up...

Sorry, I can't today. My sister's friend's mother's grandpa's brother's grandson's uncle's fish died. And yes, it was tragic.
(I saw it on FB, but it is just hilarious)

Last edited:

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria

KimSemiglia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 1, 2018
Australia
"Ok for real,
I'll start really taking action after I clear all my open tabs. First I'll go through them all and close the ones with titles that aren't really important to my goals"

"Ok only 12 tabs left, that's more reasonable. I could probably get through that in about an hour"

*1 hour later*

*35 tabs opened from enticing outbound links*

Me the last few months -_-

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
Spending hours deciding on the colors your logo and business use.

Spending hours picking a domain name and setting up email

My first attempt at business I winged it all and threw everything together. Everybody hated my logo, my colors and my name. I had people tell me that one reason they didn't trust my business is because everything looked half assed and unprofessional.

My latest journey I have spent around 10 hours designing my logo. Honestly it is very simple and only took minutes to create but hours of putting different ideas together to get it. I have made sure my design is aesthetically pleasing and it has paid off. I don't get negative comments on my designs and I get more clicks and views on my ads.

I actually put thought into my name this time and made it clear what I do in my name. That has also brought positive results.
In my humble opinion I believe hours spent on something is never a waste.
Experience is the best teacher.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
"I'm very busy requesting an allowance of €100k of government for my startup." (heard this recently from a friend after mocking with me because I asked minimum €4000 for a website while "a theme only costs €100").

Last edited:

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Lol. If you can't find $100 to buy a cheapo laptop on Craigslist, I dunno what to say...

I remember that thread. 100% true statement. The consensus is that the OP was a certifiable troll but we're still not sure.
Was that the thread where the OP started posting that he couldn't get up before 4pm and he was getting wasted at night time?

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
Was that the thread where the OP started posting that he couldn't get up before 4pm and he was getting wasted at night time?

Yup, that's the one. IIRC he also had stuff like "washing dishes" on his todo list. Certified navel gazing.

John Walker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 14, 2018
Brazil
21 years .... I just read rich dad poor dad ...
F*ck! I'm going to be a billionaire at 30!
I will continue in my part-time job while I do not have a business idea to start. In the meantime I will study everything about how to be a billionaire and when I know enough I will start because I do not want to waste my time starting wrong and only find out later that I wasted my time.

22 years....
Researching the top Forbes billionaires ...
I'll read just those 3 Kiyosaki books ...
Look! a course on how to create wealth from a guy who has authority! I will not miss this, may have a shortcut that I do not know yet ....

23 years....
more books on how to get rich ...
more courses on investments ...
1 year researching all about investments ...
investing crumbs every month looking for a high profitability, because if not I will not get rich quick ....

24 years...

Now, I think I know enough, I ask to be sent away ...
I was fired ... woooooowwww now I will open my business and get rich! (with no idea of business in mind)
I will never be employed again!
To make sure that everything I've learned about how to be rich, and how the billionaires got rich is correct, I'll read more this book here, trying to become a millionaire ...
Reading TMF .... !!!!!!!

25 years....

Now it's serious, it's been years since I've only been getting knowledge and I have not started any business, as MJ's book is the best book I've ever read about enrichment, UNSCRIPTED will be my last book that I'm going to read and I'm going after my goal !! !

Putz! I do not know how to start, I have no F*cking business idea yet .....

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
A guy I know wanted me to read his business plan before he went to investors...

Among other ridiculous stuff, he had the brand and model numbers of the frickin copy machines he wanted...
Dude investors are sooooo annoying about business plans. They want to know every detail. The first time an investor asked me for a Business Plan I was like ‘uhh people actually make those.. what to i look like a Wharton MBA? i maybe got a drawing on a napkin somewhere’ then when they wanted to know marketing strategy and s---.... i’m just sitting reading my email like ‘i dunno yo... man, i’m just winging it half the time.'

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
The right answer is 90% of new ventures are out of business within 24 months, so sticking to a given game plan might not be best therefore we're going to see what works and scale into what makes us money vs what we projected would make us money.

But human psychology don't give a heckaroo about that. Peoples lizard brains ssssstart getting all jittery when you don't say "the answer is A".

People are weird.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I'm making this spreadsheet to analyze sales trends!

(3 years later)

Well, I have enough data now. It looks like I should be on the phone with prospects instead of staring at this spreadsheet.

Now, where did I put that book an sales call scripts...

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Let me do this personality test so I can choose a business that fits me.

*Doing freelance work for pennies*: "ENTREPRENEUR"

*Works with 2 freelancers from Fiverr at $2/hour*: "My team will take care of this."

*Has done nothing and no clue what to do*: "Once I'm rich, I'll donate a lot to charities."

*Puts simple logo on car without further info*: "Hurry up with the website, people will be looking up my company!"

It would be hilarious to create a new "wantrepreneur" meme, all we need is a face.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Gonna spend a lot of time and money on a logo for my business, even though I dont have customers, maybe I'll make business cards next?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.