The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! How many action fakes can the fastlane come up with??

LiveEntrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
This is actually a great F*cking thread, it immediately reveals if you have been action faking lol.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am looking at this thread right now talking about action faking, so I am action faking as we speak haha.

Well I am doing work at the same time so i guess you could say im half action faking but wait....the other work im doing is working an a logo...face palm.

ok 100% action faking.

Zcott

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
What works for me is calling myself out on my excuses or reason not to do something. It helps me determine if I am just being lazy and excusing myself or whether it is actually a problem which I need to address.

To add to the thread...

'I'm going to start a business, it's just... it just doesn't feel like the right time. It's not dramatic like a Hollywood film, so I'll wait. My time will come. ;):fistbump:':praise:

Youss

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jan 12, 2019
France
"I need to make sure my pitch is exactly right the first time.

Otherwise I'll call all my leads, get rejected immediately, and they'll never take another one of my calls again.

Better go back to revising my pitch... it should only take a few more days of refining, then I'll feel confident enough to start calling."
Was going to post that one. Here's another one that goes along the same lines:

Step 1: "I need a good CRM before I go to market. My thing is gonna be real big and I don't want poor customer management to screw all my efforts. I'll drop a post on forums to get recommended CRMs."

Step 2: "Those people on that forum are so helpful, I've finally got a list of 10 CRMs that could help. Let's not waste time, I'll study each of them in depth so that I can make the best decision."

Step 3: "Dammit. CRMs 4 and 7 looked really cool but they don't have that feature XYZ that I absolutely need if I want my business to grow as expected. "

Step 4: Go back to Step 1 or jump to Step 1' --> "I need top notch web hosting for my future website..."

Zcott

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
To what extent is thinking of a good name action faking?

This is a something I'm facing. Every name I can think of is taken and doing something similar. Driving me nuts.

Seeker4Life

New Contributor
Jan 22, 2019
The path is to complicated to walk so its better to feed the brain with escapism. To old & living in the wrong generation.

Primeperiwinkle

though she be but little...
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
DFW
1.Find ppl to encourage on a forum/fb group/insta feed.
2. Encourage them to follow their dreams; make sure to put your whole soul into this so they can FEEL the love.
3. Recheck your post for grammatical errors at least twice.
4. Watch your likes skyrocket so you feel better while you’re not working to make your dreams come true.
5. Realize you’re action faking.
6. Feel really, really bad.

Repeat steps 1-5

I literally just figured this out yesterday. Fml. FML!! I’m not encouraging anybody anymore. *girl pout
Right after I check insta. Sigh.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Huh???

Yeah I know where this came from...

You guys know there's such thing as 'importing', right?

1.Find ppl to encourage on a forum/fb group/insta feed.
2. Encourage them to follow their dreams; make sure to put your whole soul into this so they can FEEL the love.
3. Recheck your post for grammatical errors at least twice.
4. Watch your likes skyrocket so you feel better while you’re not working to make your dreams come true.
5. Realize you’re action faking.
6. Feel really, really bad.

Repeat steps 1-5

I literally just figured this out yesterday. Fml. FML!! I’m not encouraging anybody anymore. *girl pout
Right after I check insta. Sigh.
Well....this post came too late for me.

To quote Dan Pena, 'Love ain't gonna get the job done!'

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 11, 2016
  • being a gym member but showing up only once a month (I wonder what these people are thinking?)

• three burgers, double fries and hey a DIET COKE

• buying new sportswear because you can't start without the "perfect" equipment

• read the bible/koran, go to church but treat other people like sh*t

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 14, 2015
Amsterdam
This whole thread gave me life.

Thanks everyone, I love especially how much there is and how relate able.

Dignium

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA
Putting Clocks up showing the current time around the world, when you aren’t doing international conference calls on a daily basis.

Dignium

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA
I’m waiting for the next bitcoin.

I’m waiting for the next bitcoin-like opportunity.

I’m waiting for the next ground floor oppurtunity.

I’m waiting until the next brand new asset class creation, where $1000 bought-in explodes to $20 million dollars.

I’m waiting...

Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I uninstalled all my video games from my PC (and Steam altogether) this morning.
Let's see what other time wasting hobbies I can find while I have a customer waiting for a quote for her new transactional website.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Zcott

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
'I just need to wait a couple of more months and I'll be ready to start.'

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
"I Just need a good three day weekend to decompress before I start making up these six figure ideas!"

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Zcott

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
'I just need to read a bit more.'

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
I get caught up in this one so bad; it's easier to read and pretend I can't do anything now over actually making the jump over the edge and diving into the surf below.

One day...

Zcott

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
I get caught up in this one so bad; it's easier to read and pretend I can't do anything now over actually making the jump over the edge and diving into the surf below.

One day...

It's like you go into preparation overload, because the more you read, the more you realise you don't know, so you want to read a bit more to be better prepared, and the cycle repeats.

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I'm having trouble finishing the last 30 pages of Unscripted, not because of lack of interest, because everytime I pick up the book I think about an idea for the business and gotta go write it down.

That sucks because I really want to read it all the way, but this book makes my brain generate ideas on the fly every single time. I love it.

Zcott

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
I'm having trouble finishing the last 30 pages of Unscripted, not because of lack of interest, because everytime I pick up the book I think about an idea for the business and gotta go write it down.

That sucks because I really want to read it all the way, but this book makes my brain generate ideas on the fly every single time. I love it.
That's amazing!

Finish the book and pick the best idea. Then start a progress thread.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
More of something I did than an imagined excuse but: I cleaned for 3 hours, my place is looking pretty dope now but I also burnt 3 hours as an action fake.
I'll go ahead and interpret it in a Petersonian way and say it reduced chaos and sets me up for later success.

Ryan Dempsey

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 17, 2019
Anything that does does contribute to your business or fulfill something that you value in life. Anything that you do that when you finish it you feel slightly worse. An example using this forum: Purposeful time constrained research on this forum will motivate and provide valuable information versus procrastination and mindless scrolling through threads and you will feel slightly worse than when you started. It's not the activity but the motives behind it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom