The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many action fakes can the fastlane come up with??

t15

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 2, 2021
Followed by evaluating the next new programming IDE, language, library, technology, pattern before coding.

We should learn Elixir because if our app takes off, we're going to need the concurrency capability. But since Elixir's running on BEAM, we should learn Erlang before that so that we have a clear idea on how to troubleshoot if something goes wrong. I'll take this. Chad, you take a look at which which database is considered webscale for 2021. I'm leaning towards this new database Facebook just open-sourced yesterday so maybe check that out. Good news is there's an O'Reilly book coming out on it in six months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
I need to make my bed, clean my house, and go to the gym for a year so I can become disciplined enough to start a business.

TKLyte

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 9, 2020
That video is the biggest action fake you may ever experience. I'm glad you posted it to remind us how much of an action fake inspirational guru videos are.
Anyone who tells you to sleep for 2 hours or work for 36 hrs straight has no idea how the human body works. You can be up for 36 hours faking work because you're too tired and your brain can't focus. Someone else who got enough sleep will do in 6 hours what you did in your 36 hrs. This video has some really bad advice.

TonyD

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 27, 2014
Oh... umm.. My business is doing kinda ok.. SHOULD I HAVE A WEBSITE!?!?!?
you should have a website to have a presence on the internet. If the website is set up correctly it can be a way to get acquire new prospects, or even make sales.

Nhervel 1

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 17, 2020
Cameroon
Je dois d'abord lire les des autres livres de MJ...
Mince ces livres étaient très bien, ils me faut les relire pour avoir une vue d'ensemble...
Je sent que je vais réaliser quelque chose de grand, il me faut relire ces livres en prenant des notes

Plus d'un an plus tard, j'ai résumé tout en 30 pages...mais il me faut encore parcourir les post Gold

FTE

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Je dois d'abord lire les des autres livres de MJ...
Mince ces livres étaient très bien, ils me faut les relire pour avoir une vue d'ensemble...
Je sent que je vais réaliser quelque chose de grand, il me faut relire ces livres en prenant des notes

Plus d'un an plus tard, j'ai résumé tout en 30 pages...mais il me faut encore parcourir les post Gold

FTE

You could sum them up in French and English. Maybe learn another language first and do it for that language too. ;-)

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Ranting on any business forum or server about the sh**** life you had, while watching YT or Dailymotion videos as an escape.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
"I have an idea. You take it and run with it and cut me in when it is successful." ~ from a sidewalker to a fastlaner
To be honest and transparent this is one I have tried but only because I was blind Grateful I am slowly getting my sight back because of what this Forum teaches.I trusted search engines to mentor me Noob mistake .

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Redoing or remaining ignorant of the results of the prior work of others, ostensibly to bring your own fresh perspective when in fact you are scared to build new things and venture into the unknown.

Caught this in myself yesterday...

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Not sure if this is a action fake or not but it is a wall for sure.It slows action and makes me feel like a mouse in a maze. "I will run a successful company when I have enough common sense to do so" I struggle with EQ, IQ and CS and it creates a barrier of why try when I am good at nothing.

Rauschmi

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 7, 2021
Oceanside, CA
"I have been watching TikTok videos about XXXX. I am pretty sure I have ADHD, anxiety, depression, analysis paralysis, decision fatigue, Autism, brain fog, and so much more. So once I figure out how to deal with all my tiktok/self diagnosed problems, I can implement that awesome idea I have for a business that will make me billions. If only I didn't have XXXX"

Rauschmi

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 7, 2021
Oceanside, CA
"I just need this cool new notebook that is organized in a way to help me keep track of my goals. Then once all my goals and dreams are laid out properly, I can start that business plan I still need to develop."
*Goes on Amazon and spends 6 hours "researching" notebooks, pens, clothes, label makers, and all the hot deals (squirrel!).

Iso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 1, 2021
"I have been watching TikTok videos about XXXX. I am pretty sure I have ADHD, anxiety, depression, analysis paralysis, decision fatigue, Autism, brain fog, and so much more. So once I figure out how to deal with all my tiktok/self diagnosed problems, I can implement that awesome idea I have for a business that will make me billions. If only I didn't have XXXX"
As someone with ADHD and is working to get treatment for it I find this insensitive.

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I need to organize my desktop into folders and subfolders...

I actually did this recently...

...but only because I'd spent the previous about 1000 hours doing a ton of real work and my files were becoming hard to find because I had 3X the number of folders I really needed and everything had slowly become very disorganized.

Spending 15 minutes reorganizing things improved my workflow measurably.

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
"I need to build my brand by ordering 500 t-shirts with my company logo on them and giving them out to everyone I know. Once I've done that, then I can start deciding what my first product will be."

Shadow237

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 23, 2021
Wow, I’ve just work one hour straight on my business !
I deserve a 2 hours break !!
(2hrs later) : Meh, I don’t feel motivated anymore - I’ll continue tomorrow.

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wow, I’ve just work one hour straight on my business !
I deserve a 2 hours break !!
(2hrs later) : Meh, I don’t feel motivated anymore - I’ll continue tomorrow.
I wouldn't call that an action-fake. Assuming that the one hour was productive, it's more of a lack of follow-through.

That being said, I learned to be productive by allowing myself to be proud of an hour (or even 45 minutes) of work in a day, because after a week of doing that, my product was 5 hours closer to finished.

By allowing myself to be proud of even putting in a mere hour per day (on top of the day job that was paying my rent), I gradually transitioned to doing two hours many days, and that would add up each week to 10 hours of progress on product development.

I learned so much from those 10 hour weeks (because I spent most of those 10 hours rapid prototyping), that in three years of hustling on the side, I went from not even being able to get interviews for jobs that paid much more than a basic living wage, to being headhunted for six-figure jobs.

Now, the key principle here is that I was putting those one or two hour days on my side project into things that allowed me to learn a ton about the industry I wanted to be in, not action-fakes. If I'd put those hours into registering an LLC, applying for trademark rights, brainstorming a name for a business that didn't even have half of a MVP finished, and creating a pretty website for a product that hadn't even been concieved yet, I would have gotten nowhere.

However, there's nothing wrong with a solid hour of work followed by two hours of rest as a reward, as long as the one hour is packed with solid productivity and you do another similarly productive hour the next day (and the next day, and the next day). Not everyone is built to hustle 6 hours after 8 hours at the day job every night. For those that aren't, the keys are consistency combined with highly-focused productivity that maximizes the value of the time that is invested.

Shadow237

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 23, 2021
I wouldn't call that an action-fake. Assuming that the one hour was productive, it's more of a lack of follow-through.

That being said, I learned to be productive by allowing myself to be proud of an hour (or even 45 minutes) of work in a day, because after a week of doing that, my product was 5 hours closer to finished.

By allowing myself to be proud of even putting in a mere hour per day (on top of the day job that was paying my rent), I gradually transitioned to doing two hours many days, and that would add up each week to 10 hours of progress on product development.

I learned so much from those 10 hour weeks (because I spent most of those 10 hours rapid prototyping), that in three years of hustling on the side, I went from not even being able to get interviews for jobs that paid much more than a basic living wage, to being headhunted for six-figure jobs.

Now, the key principle here is that I was putting those one or two hour days on my side project into things that allowed me to learn a ton about the industry I wanted to be in, not action-fakes. If I'd put those hours into registering an LLC, applying for trademark rights, brainstorming a name for a business that didn't even have half of a MVP finished, and creating a pretty website for a product that hadn't even been concieved yet, I would have gotten nowhere.

However, there's nothing wrong with a solid hour of work followed by two hours of rest as a reward, as long as the one hour is packed with solid productivity and you do another similarly productive hour the next day (and the next day, and the next day). Not everyone is built to hustle 6 hours after 8 hours at the day job every night. For those that aren't, the keys are consistency combined with highly-focused productivity that maximizes the value of the time that is invested.
Hello Beijing, thanks for the feedback.
I understand your point of view as I also have a day job to pay the bills. I think there's a "lack of follow-through" issue I'm dealing with.
There's nothing wrong with working a solid hour per day, however, I beleive that doing more (productive) hours will make me progress a lot faster.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.