The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How is Coronavirus affecting your business?

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
So I have a factory, we make about 180,000 candles per month.

Right now my top selling jar and lid are stuck in China, 2 containers worth.

CCP extended the holiday to 2/10, but just got news from multiple suppliers they are holding it, extending the return to 2/17.

my suppliers are in Shenzen, Qingdao and Nantong.

anyone else affected?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
What do you know about this?
Is it true that some of them are aiming for a 1st of March return to work?

View attachment 30271

have not heard anything like that
Shenzen is close and it seem like some Shenzen company working already

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Answeres on inquiries in China slow down , respectively don t exist yet.
Its a bit frustrating not to know the reasons, but time will bring results.

I hope, people get well soon!

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
Yes and I felt it more because I am based in Sg. Many of my clients are affected

1) f&b - no one want to dine out

2) events - trade shows are cancelled

3) enrichment and tuitions for children - standby as schools might be asked to close and all the children will be home doing e-learning.

And more.

With the local cluster transmission, everyone are on high alert.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Travel is restricted from the United States. Trade associations are stating that they are still holding trade shows but my guess is nobody will attend. I have heard from multiple factories that the Chinese new year production resumption is being delayed. Right now they are communicating it on a week to be week basis but I don’t think anybody knows for sure that the end is in sight.

FedEx and UPS are still delivering packages from mainland China to the United States.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
PSA:

F*ck business.

I don't think the coronavirus is real, but for the Chinese it's very much real.

I know all of us want our product. We want business to go back to normal. We want to make money. Fulfill obligations. Keep the wheels turning.

... but right now, that's not important.

For the Chinese, the last three weeks have been extremely shitty.

These people work all year. All F*cking year so that we can get our products. And then their reward is a 2 week holiday end of the year when they get to relax, not worry about anything. Get refreshed. And come back.

This year: That didn't happen!

Not all of these factories are starting back up.

A lot of people aren't allowed outside of their homes. If they are, and they're back at work, their morale is low. They're wearing facemasks.

Each day the media is telling them that they're going to die. That their loved ones will die. Etc. For them, this is very real and very scary.

Please keep that in mind when doing business.

Think of the other person first. Ask them how they're doing. At a minimum offer some empathy.

For me, my business partners are my friends. I love talking to them on a Sunday night to kick off the week.

Right now, they're feeling down. It's our job as Americans/Europeans to lift them back up into good spirits before talking business.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
F*ck business.

I don't think the coronavirus is real, but for the Chinese it's very much real.

I know all of us want our product. We want business to go back to normal. We want to make money. Fulfill obligations. Keep the wheels turning.

... but right now, that's not important.

For the Chinese, the last three weeks have been extremely shitty.

These people work all year. All F*cking year so that we can get our products. And then their reward is a 2 week holiday end of the year when they get to relax, not worry about anything. Get refreshed. And come back.

This year: That didn't happen!

Not all of these factories are starting back up.

A lot of people aren't allowed outside of their homes. If they are, and they're back at work, their morale is low. They're wearing facemasks.

Each day the media is telling them that they're going to die. That their loved ones will die. Etc. For them, this is very real and very scary.

Please keep that in mind when doing business.

Think of the other person first. Ask them how they're doing. At a minimum offer some empathy.

For me, my business partners are my friends. I love talking to them on a Sunday night to kick off the week.

Right now, they're feeling down. It's our job as Americans/Europeans to lift them back up into good spirits before talking business.

502014285_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

23Infinity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 4, 2019
Canada
One supplier is closed till Feb 17th...and also unsure if Feb 17 is actually going to be the reopen date. Another supplier said a major order is delayed till March 3rd. I'm wondering if it's just better to cancel the order until this thing blows over - from what I'm reading from non-MSM media, it sounds pretty bad and the situation might be much worse than reported on the news.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Update:

A lot of factories are getting back to work by the end of this week. Some are not. The Chinese are coming in to work in facemasks.

In a lot of areas, factories have to have "protection facilities" for the virus, and then can submit an application to get reinstated.

This process seems to be fairly quick, since most factories will be up and running end of this week.

One giant factory that I work with (which has government connections) started working last week.

From the conversations I had, most should be working end of this week. However, expect your orders to be delayed. Everything is backlogged - factory production as well as trucking/ports/etc. Logistics will be a nightmare. Whichever orders you have, I'd add 2 weeks to your usual production time as a safe buffer. Good luck.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I do not believe for one second we know the full picture of how bad this really is.

Not to sound alarming, but I highly doubt most Chinese factories will be back on line at the end of this week.

I don't think they have this anywhere under control.

And I just can't imagine being there in Wuhan.

I really feel for these people.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Friends of mine have been told by their suppliers that they expect to be back this week. However it feels like they are just saying that to keep customers happy(ish).

They must be losing billions.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Attachments

• WechatIMG462.jpeg
    WechatIMG462.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 43
  • WechatIMG463.jpeg
    WechatIMG463.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 45
  • WechatIMG465.jpeg
    WechatIMG465.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 42
  • WechatIMG466.jpeg
    WechatIMG466.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 38
  • WechatIMG467.jpeg
    WechatIMG467.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 40
  • WechatIMG468.jpeg
    WechatIMG468.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 40
  • WechatIMG469.jpeg
    WechatIMG469.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Above are some pictures from a Chinese group I'm in. That's the mindset that the Chinese are in right now. That's their reality.

And I just can't imagine being there in Wuhan.

It's not just in Wuhan.

Wuhan has it the worst. But the country is getting shut down everywhere.

People in a lot of cities aren't allowed to leave their homes except for groceries.

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
An old friend of mine in China who operates a manufacturing business with a huge staff tells me that absenteeism is growing rapidly. He thinks his workers are not notifying him because a)they are in quarantine or b) afraid of being put in quarantine if their communications are monitored.

He is continuing to operate his factories and is considering transferring staff to the biggest in order to get maximum efficiency, but he adds that transport is badly affected, so almost all orders will be late.

At present there is a backlog of nearly a month.

Walter

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
My clothing supplier is in China.

He told me end of February before everything is back to normal.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I am just hoping that this too shall pass!. Any word on a breakthrough for the vaccine?
Remember Swine flu :D ?
Me neither...

I think its just the media blowing things out of proportion again.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Spot on @AgainstAllOdds ! This is a time to show we are HUMANS no matter where we are from or the nature of our relationship to others.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Above are some pictures from a Chinese group I'm in. That's the mindset that the Chinese are in right now. That's their reality.

It's not just in Wuhan.

Wuhan has it the worst. But the country is getting shut down everywhere.

People in a lot of cities aren't allowed to leave their homes except for groceries.

I really think they are overreacting. The CCP missed the golden zone back first week of December and decided to silence the people noticing what was going on, and they had to do a massive overreaction to contain which panicked most people.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
My uncle's main product is bubblegum for Jordan. He imports 4 to 5 40ft containers a month and the government stopped all food imports from China until further notice.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
An old friend of mine in China who operates a manufacturing business with a huge staff tells me that absenteeism is growing rapidly. He thinks his workers are not notifying him because a)they are in quarantine or b) afraid of being put in quarantine if their communications are monitored.

He is continuing to operate his factories and is considering transferring staff to the biggest in order to get maximum efficiency, but he adds that transport is badly affected, so almost all orders will be late.

At present there is a backlog of nearly a month.

Walter

So my main factory is closed for one component, but suddenly has opened second factory for my other big qty components. So I found another factory, the biggest in China, In Shenzen for the component he’s closed on and they are starting on two containers tomorrow, sending to port March.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
My uncle's main product is bubblegum for Jordan. He imports 4 to 5 40ft containers a month and the government stopped all food imports from China until further notice.

This is a wake up call for everyone to buy AMERICAN

China is the enemy of the western manufacturing democracies.

im spending 50k on a mold with a US supplier for my glass jars and starting to look else where for the only other component I buy from China

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

im spending 50k on a mold with a US supplier for my glass jars and starting to look else where for the only other component I buy from China

This situation isn't a valid argument for why you should go American instead of Chinese.

The epidemic is based on randomness. You have a similar probability of a random disruption happening in the U.S.

There's no way to prevent these disruptions in the supply chain. The only thing you can do is minimize risk by spreading out your production.

I really think they are overreacting. The CCP missed the golden zone back first week of December and decided to silence the people noticing what was going on, and they had to do a massive overreaction to contain which panicked most people.

Doesn't matter if they're overreacting.

The fact is that people on the ground are scared and for them it's very real.

In life, there's a "what should be" and a "what is". In China, this is currently "what is".

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
This situation isn't a valid argument for why you should go American instead of Chinese.

The epidemic is based on randomness. You have a similar probability of a random disruption happening in the U.S.

There's no way to prevent these disruptions in the supply chain. The only thing you can do is minimize risk by spreading out your production.

Doesn't matter if they're overreacting.

The fact is that people on the ground are scared and for them it's very real.

In life, there's a "what should be" and a "what is". In China, this is currently "what is".

Epidemics are random but how governments handle them are not. The first case was December 1. Instead of containing, like western doctors did with the Ebola outbreak, and immediately stopping the spread, the Chinese government arrested the 8 dr’s that raised the alarm. It spread for a month and 5 million people left Wuhan.

Not only that, I’m sure you got the same email I did from everyone saying we will be back to work Feb 10. It’s not going to be until March they get back.

China is not a reliable source, ignoring all the reasons such as loyalty to your own country, and seeing how much damage they have done to the USA (just announced they were behind the Equifax hack), their government has proven with SARS and this outbreak that its incompetent.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
like western doctors did with the Ebola outbreak

West African doctors.

The reason why you don't hear about Swine Flu, SARS, Ebola, et al. Isn't because the media overreact, it's because of medical science.

In the case of Coronavirus, I'm sure the science will prevail once more, and then 5 minutes afterwards, a whole host of idiot conspiracy theories will come spewing forth.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
West African doctors.

The reason why you don't hear about Swine Flu, SARS, Ebola, et al. Isn't because the media overreact, it's because of medical science.

In the case of Coronavirus, I'm sure the science will prevail once more, and then 5 minutes afterwards, a whole host of idiot conspiracy theories will come spewing forth.
It was European and American doctors that contained ebola in the recent outbreak

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018

This contradicts with what America is and does. America is the founding father/mother of globalisation.

America's economy is the biggest due to this factor.

America depends big time on China and vice versa. It's definitely not love because they're rivals, but common interests.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
This contradicts with what America is and does. America is the founding father/mother of globalisation.

America's economy is the biggest due to this factor.

America depends big time on China and vice versa. It's definitely not love because they're rivals, but common interests.

That’s Obviously not true, globalism is not the founder of globalism. And actually its economy is getting smaller as a result of globalization.

U.S. Role In Global Economy Declines Nearly 50%

How do you figure the US is as dependent on China as China is on USA? USA is the customer, who also makes its own things, China is the factory who cannot buy everything it produces. Who needs who more?

Just like at trade as a percent of GDP in USA vs China.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Remember Swine flu :D ?
Me neither...

I think its just the media blowing things out of proportion again.

flu is a very real killer, look at Spanish flu from the early 1900’s. Millions died. You can tell this is much worse then is being reported because they built two HUGE hospitals working 24 hours a day in the month since this came out. I pay attention to actions, not the news, the fact that they emergently constructed 2600 new bed hospital there should alarm you. The Chinese government knows something they are not saying.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.