The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I gained 7 pounds in 20 days!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
For the past 6 months, I’ve hit a plateau in my bulking.

I was so inconsistent with the bulk and started to slowly lose 0.5 lbs a week.

Until one day I got fed up.
But I decided to approach it logically instead of doing the “I’m gonna go so hard starting tmw” and then quit again.

Eating a lot of food is difficult.
Having food I like at my fingertips would make it easy to eat a lot.

If I put my favourite bulking foods in the fridge today that I can easily heat it up and eat tomorrow, I’m making it extremely easy for my future self to eat more.

Now my approach to bulking is not a matter of trying to use discipline to stuff my face but instead having my favourite foods prepared in the fridge because it makes it easy to put in the microwave and eat a high calorie meal I enjoy.

Now there’s no unnecessary friction of preparing meals or eating foods I don’t like. It’s just me and the task of eating a lot of my favourite food.

This doesn’t just apply to bulking. It applies to building or destroying any habit.

MAKE IT EASY FOR YOUR FUTURE SELF TO DO. Then you won’t have to rely on discipline and it will be natural.

May 20 I was 126.9 lbs (5’6 but still bad), June 10 I hit 134 and today I’m at 134.4. I will be 160 by the new year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
For the past 6 months, I’ve hit a plateau in my bulking.

I was so inconsistent with the bulk and started to slowly lose 0.5 lbs a week.

Until one day I got fed up.
But I decided to approach it logically instead of doing the “I’m gonna go so hard starting tmw” and then quit again.

Eating a lot of food is difficult.
Having food I like at my fingertips would make it easy to eat a lot.

If I put my favourite bulking foods in the fridge today that I can easily heat it up and eat tomorrow, I’m making it extremely easy for my future self to eat more.

Now my approach to bulking is not a matter of trying to use discipline to stuff my face but instead having my favourite foods prepared in the fridge because it makes it easy to put in the microwave and eat a high calorie meal I enjoy.

Now there’s no unnecessary friction of preparing meals or eating foods I don’t like. It’s just me and the task of eating a lot of my favourite food.

This doesn’t just apply to bulking. It applies to building or destroying any habit.

MAKE IT EASY FOR YOUR FUTURE SELF TO DO. Then you won’t have to rely on discipline and it will be natural.

May 20 I was 126.9 lbs (5’6 but still bad), June 10 I hit 134 and today I’m at 134.4. I will be 160 by the new year.
Can I just say - appreciate this moment.

I believe you're a little younger than me with a healthy metabolism going. I used to be there too. I'm now at a point where - despite going to the gym regularly - if I eat anything remotely appetizing I will gain 5 lbs for the week and I'm slightly taller but not by much.

Hopefully, you won't have a day when your metabolism disappears but if you do, remember that day when you were 134 lbs and were actually dreaming of how to get to 160 lbs.

I remember being 150 lbs in my early 20's and doing a workout program to get to 165. Now let's just say *several* years later I wish I could get below 170 lbs without eating things devoid of taste and flavor.

Anyway, I wish you luck in your journey but I'd say also *PAUSE* and appreciate where you are.

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
Many (if not most) people I've met over the years don't realize that it's not easy to gain weight, that it's at least as difficult as losing weight. Since I am fully aware of this, being at the "want to gain weight" end, I want to say how glad I am you made such progress and wish you to keep it up!

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 4, 2019
That's over a 1/4 lb of weight per day, so a lot of that gain is going to be fat. Maybe this is your goal (I knew people who used to be skin and bones and just made an effort to put on as much weight as possible). Just keep in mind if you continue at that pace you're gonna put way way more fat than muscle.

Dingy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Apr 12, 2023
Good shit.

Most people don’t realise how hard it can be to gain weight with healthy nutritious food.

I hit a plateau about a month ago with my weight.

The way I broke it was eating more fats (eggs, peanut butter, nuts, etc.)

This made getting in enough cals waaay easier

Also drinking calories helps get more in.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 4, 2019
Most people don’t realise how hard it can be to gain weight with healthy nutritious food.
I'm feeling this right now. Its hard to get enough calories without eating garbage food.

I eat a sign amount of fish/meat but I still end up getting so much fiber it wrecks my stomach. I have no idea how people do it on a plant only diet.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I'm feeling this right now. Its hard to get enough calories without eating garbage food.

I eat a sign amount of fish/meat but I still end up getting so much fiber it wrecks my stomach. I have no idea how people do it on a plant only diet.
Fish has no calories. Just eat beef and nuts

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.