The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I find suppliers for my Ecommerce Stores

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
The blog will run promotions, contests and product reviews. All of which will generate relevant, fresh content about your WIDGETS and your brand.

I don't get it , if I start selling products for a different brand. As soon as the product is popular on Amazon the manufacturer can cut my supply and start selling on it's own.

Why not go for private labeling and sell in your own brand name.

PS: I am trying to move from affiliate marketing to selling my own products.

Kastosaurus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Sep 28, 2016
the Netherlands
Kurt,

When you get your license are you getting it in the store's URL name? My advice would be to get a generic sounding name like KURT STORES LLC. Because if you did Baseballbats.com as your license and then you found that Batpoop.com is a great niche, the suppliers will look at your baseballbats.com license funny vs. kurt stores llc. Know what I mean?

I had 3 eCommerce drop shipping stores, which I sold 2 months ago.

The problem I found was that the bank was asking for a website and other business information when I had opened a business account. I told them my 3 drop shipping websites. but told them that this could change any time if I wanted to quickly jump on a trend. This lead to me having to constantly update the Chamber of Commerce and my bank since the information regarding the type of products I sold was no longer accurate.

Let's take the example KURT STORES LLC., do you suggest making a website for KURT STORES where you discuss your website portfolio, values, contact information etc. or do you suggest to only launch websites for your actual stores (just batpoop.com and baseballbats.com)?

Also, people don't see invoices from batpoop.com after they bought bat poop, but they just see KURT STORES. which might confuse them. I see that other businesses do this. and sometimes this confuses me too.

I'm still heaving trouble to decide on the best structure for when I manage multiple ecommerce stores.

Thanks in advance.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I had 3 eCommerce drop shipping stores, which I sold 2 months ago.

The problem I found was that the bank was asking for a website and other business information when I had opened a business account. I told them my 3 drop shipping websites. but told them that this could change any time if I wanted to quickly jump on a trend. This lead to me having to constantly update the Chamber of Commerce and my bank since the information regarding the type of products I sold was no longer accurate.

Let's take the example KURT STORES LLC., do you suggest making a website for KURT STORES where you discuss your website portfolio, values, contact information etc. or do you suggest to only launch websites for your actual stores (just batpoop.com and baseballbats.com)?

Also, people don't see invoices from batpoop.com after they bought bat poop, but they just see KURT STORES. which might confuse them. I see that other businesses do this. and sometimes this confuses me too.

I'm still heaving trouble to decide on the best structure for when I manage multiple ecommerce stores.

Thanks in advance.

I had KURTSTORES.com which would list the other URLs. But the banks didn't really know or care. I used one CC processor for all 3 stores. I just put in my email that their CC would see a charge from KURTSTORES.com. That way if someone forgot and typed in KURTSTORES they would at least find the other websites and it would hopefully remind them of the purchase.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
Very useful post.
Thank you

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Your first post you mention you will keep stock of products if they have a minimum order amount.
Where do you stock it?

I haven't contacted any supplier yet but I'm kind of worried none of them will dropship their goods if it's only 1 order from a customer. I don't have the money nor space to stock the products myself. Or do you let them stock it in their warehouse and then you have to pay a warehousing stocking fee?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Your first post you mention you will keep stock of products if they have a minimum order amount.
Where do you stock it?

I haven't contacted any supplier yet but I'm kind of worried none of them will dropship their goods if it's only 1 order from a customer. I don't have the money nor space to stock the products myself. Or do you let them stock it in their warehouse and then you have to pay a warehousing stocking fee?

In the beginning I stocked it at my house, but now I have a warehouse.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Getting a reliable supplier is a difficult task in an e-commerce business. If you are having difficulty in finding a trusted supplier, then you can take help of world's best wholesale suppliers. Since, a wholesale supplier will always provide you with best quality product at reasonable price. But do remember to contact only trusted and best wholesalers like Alibaba, PapaChina, Walmart, Best Buy etc. This will let you forego any hard work in finding a supplier.

I’m sorry but your post make absolutely no sense. Walmart and Best Buy?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.