The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How i blew almost all my life savings and how it helped me become financially independent!

Anything related to investing, including crypto

pk0815

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 16, 2022
greetings fellow fastlaners

today i want to introduce myself by taking you with me on my little journey

it all started 14 years ago, when i realized that i wanted to take part of this investment thing. to be clear i wanted to become rich the quick and easy way (yes i was a total slowlaner) by investing in the stock market.

after the first 2 years i almost blow all my savings by spending it on investment courses, trading programs and other scams. needless to say i was driving on the fastlane to bankruptcy. when i realized that i lost almost everything what i was saving for, that was my turning point. but i did not wanted to close this chapter after only 2 years. even when the stock market gave up on me, i did not.

i changed my strategy on 180 degree, i started by reading books about how to prepare your mindset and a lot of books about psychology in the markets. bad decisions and my emotions were my biggest enemy when i started, and the next time i was facing it i wanted to be prepared. after preparing my mindset i focused on the investment part. i learned the fundamentals of stock investing and how to analyze a business the proper way. i took multiple accounting lessons to learn how to know what different numbers mean and how to evaluate it.

however, now the hardest part for me was to take all that knowledge, i gained over the past years after my meltdown in the stock market, into action. i used the tools i created (really simply tools i came up with, no rocket science) to build my portfolio.

times flew by and a lot happened in the market, financial crisis, bankruptcy of nations, oil crisis, covid, war, inflation, name it. But my portfolio grew with each crisis.

don´t get me wrong the hardest part was still to keep my emotions down. there were several times that i was thinking about selling everything to not making the same mistakes again.

however, yes i know the most dangerous four words are „this time is different“, but actually it was. this time i was mentally prepared and had a strategy. with that in mind i kept going.

after ten years suffering, learning, investing, i finally took some profits and can say that im now financially independent.

but…

thats not the end of the story..

i reached my goal i had 14 years back and by reaching that it felt like the end of an era. towards that i started to struggle motivating myself and to find a new meaning in life.

long story short, thats actually the reason why im here.

again i was looking for help by reading books to focus on the mental part. one of my friends introduced me to TMF . it was mind blowing! this book showed me the next lane i should take. i found a new purpose.

books always helped me in difficult situations in life and so i want to give something back.

i realized that i should help others, that maybe struggle also with investing their savings. so i started writing my own book about investing and mindset for the young generation.

i hope it was not Tl;dr

if you liked my story, i´ll keep you on track how my book is working.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oasis1frog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 15, 2021

it all started 14 years ago, when i realized that i wanted to take part of this investment thing. to be clear i wanted to become rich the quick and easy way (yes i was a total slowlaner) by investing in the stock market.

after the first 2 years i almost blow all my savings by spending it on investment courses, trading programs and other scams. needless to say i was driving on the fastlane to bankruptcy. when i realized that i lost almost everything what i was saving for, that was my turning point. but i did not wanted to close this chapter after only 2 years. even when the stock market gave up on me, i did not.

i changed my strategy on 180 degree, i started by reading books about how to prepare your mindset and a lot of books about psychology in the markets. bad decisions and my emotions were my biggest enemy when i started, and the next time i was facing it i wanted to be prepared. after preparing my mindset i focused on the investment part. i learned the fundamentals of stock investing and how to analyze a business the proper way. i took multiple accounting lessons to learn how to know what different numbers mean and how to evaluate it.

however, now the hardest part for me was to take all that knowledge, i gained over the past years after my meltdown in the stock market, into action. i used the tools i created (really simply tools i came up with, no rocket science) to build my portfolio.

times flew by and a lot happened in the market, financial crisis, bankruptcy of nations, oil crisis, covid, war, inflation, name it. But my portfolio grew with each crisis.

don´t get me wrong the hardest part was still to keep my emotions down. there were several times that i was thinking about selling everything to not making the same mistakes again.

however, yes i know the most dangerous four words are „this time is different“, but actually it was. this time i was mentally prepared and had a strategy. with that in mind i kept going.

after ten years suffering, learning, investing, i finally took some profits and can say that im now financially independent.

but…

i reached my goal i had 14 years back and by reaching that it felt like the end of an era. towards that i started to struggle motivating myself and to find a new meaning in life.

again i was looking for help by reading books to focus on the mental part. one of my friends introduced me to TMF . it was mind blowing! this book showed me the next lane i should take. i found a new purpose.

books always helped me in difficult situations in life and so i want to give something back.

i realized that i should help others, that maybe struggle also with investing their savings. so i started writing my own book about investing and mindset for the young generation.

i hope it was not Tl;dr

but…

i hope it was not Tl;dr

Great story. So how did you achieve FI ? Whats in your portfolio, stocks or etf/inxdex funds, I am a fan of etfs.

pk0815

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 16, 2022
Great story. So how did you achieve FI ? Whats in your portfolio, stocks or etf/inxdex funds, I am a fan of etfs.
thank you. do you think people are interested to learn more about this topic?

i use all types of investments. i started with stock picking and diversified in other asset classes.

i totally understand your excitement for etf´s. it´s a great product.

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
Hello, man.
Could you tell, what do you do for living? What job used to work to earn money for investing? What is your FTE? How it happened?
Have a perfect day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...