The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How hard is it really to start, run & maintain a sustainable business?

brief

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm a wantrepreneur (had some side projects that made some money) but am working as a full-time employee right now ( hate it 100%).
I was wondering what your experience is in starting, running & maintaining a sustainable business.

My goal is to replace my job with running a sustainable business overtime.

What's your experience with it?
(Preferably only people who are full-time entrepreneurs themselves and run or ran multiple businesses.)

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Started my business in 2016, maxxed out my credit cards and had to get a job in 2017 in a different state. After over 2 years working full-time at that job and working on my business as much as possible on the side, I was finally making enough money to pay myself full-time in August 2019. Been full-time since and now I have 9 employees.

Yes, it sucks working a full-time job.
Yes, you have to do it as it's a part of the process.
Yes, if you play your cards right it is possible to escape the rat race.
Yes, the journey is painful.
Yes, I'm far happier now than I used to be. :)

Two of my threads that apply to you:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi everyone,

I'm a wantrepreneur (had some side projects that made some money) but am working as a full-time employee right now ( hate it 100%).
I was wondering what your experience is in starting, running & maintaining a sustainable business.

My goal is to replace my job with running a sustainable business overtime.

What's your experience with it?
(Preferably only people who are full-time entrepreneurs themselves and run or ran multiple businesses.)

Thanks!
A bit of a strange question.
Are you asking because you would like to experience it as well or?
Not sure what you mean by full-time entreprenuer.
Its not a job position nor is it a title, its more of a mind state.

brief

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Sep 19, 2018
A bit of a strange question.
Are you asking because you would like to experience it as well or?
Not sure what you mean by full-time entreprenuer.
Its not a job position nor is it a title, its more of a mind state.
Well, I certainly would like to experience it (becoming an entrepreneur myself).
Full-time entrepeneur -> someone who covers his costs solely by being an entrepreneur (so by running one or multiple businesses).

I'm reaching out on this forum because I don't have any role models in my close environment. So just want to know the truth about entrepreneurship. I heared a lot of concerns from people who are not entrepreneurs themselves, that's why I'm reaching out here, so that hopefully someone with real entrepreneur experience can give some truthful insights on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Well, I certainly would like to experience it (becoming an entrepreneur myself).
Full-time entrepeneur -> someone who covers his costs solely by being an entrepreneur (so by running one or multiple businesses).

I'm reaching out on this forum because I don't have any role models in my close environment. So just want to know the truth about entrepreneurship. I heared a lot of concerns from people who are not entrepreneurs themselves, that's why I'm reaching out here, so that hopefully someone with real entrepreneur experience can give some truthful insights on it.
I`m not sure you can force it, someone correct me if I`m wrong.
Here`s how I feel it, its personal IMO, I`ll explain with a metaphor.

Imagine a locker room with showers.
Person 1 enters, tries the first shower, but the shower head is busted and it sprays everywhere, so moves on to the second shower which works but the water is very lightly warm, almost cold.
Person 2 enters, tries the first shower, busted, moves to the second shower, occupied, moves to the third shower, works but the water is cold.
Person 3 enters, busted, occupied, occupied, forth shower, cold water and no soap.
Person 4 ...
Person 5 ...
Person X enters, tries the first shower, but the shower head is busted. Reaches up takes it off and inspects it.
Looks like the shower head is long overdue for a cleaning, cleans it, scrapes the excess limestone build up and screws it back on. Now the shower works and its the only one with hot water and soap and shampoo and what have you.

Person X is the entrepreneur, the problem solver who gets the hot shower.
The satisfaction from solving the problem is how entrepreneurship is experienced.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.