The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

We want to be a sustainable amazon. How to start a business like that?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Kloetenlui

New Contributor
Jan 26, 2019
We had the idea to start a sustainable business. We now have two choices:

1: Start a sustainable ecommerce shop -> become a popular brand with traffic -> invite other sustainable brands to sell their stuff on our website like amazon does

2: Try to make other brands to sell on our website from the start

I know how to create an ecommerce shop with a blog. I have no idea how to start a business like amazon. Why should other brands choose our website and pay for it if we haven't created any traffic before? Should we learn more about businesses like amazon if that's our goal in the long run? Or would you rather do the things you already know how to do and get started?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
you are from germany? that sounds a lot like avocadostore.de what would seperate you from them? they are well known in the "sustainability" community.

/ i am also in the process of starting a sustainable business - in the clothing "niche".
would like to be your first seller ;)

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 3, 2018
you are from germany? that sounds a lot like avocadostore.de what would seperate you from them? they are well known in the "sustainability" community.

/ i am also in the process of starting a sustainable business - in the clothing "niche".
would like to be your first seller ;)
I expected Avocados and other fruits/vegetables but it's a typical clothing store.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
i
I expected Avocados and other fruits/vegetables but it's a typical clothing store.
its 90% clothing but they have other items too. its a marketplace for sustainable and fair trade, ecological, blabla articles. sellers can make an account for ~90€ and sell over their plattform. my girlfriend is their best customer and i think they are well known in the german speaking "eco" community. but i dont know if there is an international/english alternative... but i would bet there is one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom