The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How early do you wake up?

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
A supplier that I want to do business with messaged me at 3 AM this morning my time. I responded to him by 4 AM my time.
Wow... serious slacking going on there... you mean you don't have the wireless electric shock message alert set on your phone to make sure you respond within 5 minutes ;)

Seriously, everyone.... be more Vigilante. Vigilante rocks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
That most important client is my own business. I wanted to make videos in the morning, but clients managed to insert early morning calls into my day. I've learned my lesson. No contact with clients in the morning. :)

This was my biggest lesson of last year. I kept allowing other clients to take priority over my most important client - me. So committed to not doing that again this year that I only have one client till March. Me and me alone.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just started working out again (had 2 shoulder surgeries) so that means 4:15AM and straight to the gym. Otherwise, usually 6:30-7:30AM

Also of note, my best productivity days happen on gym days when I'm up before dawn.

The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod is a must read if you want to starting getting up in the morning and being productive. I never thought I'd be someone who'd get up in the 4AM hour, but that book helped me make it happen.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I just started working out again (had 2 shoulder surgeries) so that means 4:15AM and straight to the gym. Otherwise, usually 6:30-7:30AM

Also of note, my best productivity days happen on gym days when I'm up before dawn.

The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod is a must read if you want to starting getting up in the morning and being productive. I never thought I'd be someone who'd get up in the 4AM hour, but that book helped me make it happen.

Yep, same here :)

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
I wake up around 7-8 am. I'm about push it to. 6-7. Jocko Willink inspires me to push it farther, but I end up crashing and failing when I push it to the extreme.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
The time itself doesn't make much difference to me. im at my best when i go to bed at the same time, and wake up at the same time. everyday without fail. (7 hours total)

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I don't really sleep. I prefer power-naps instead. I hold my keys in a hand and slowly drift into a state of relaxation, once I start drifting into a sleeping phase - I drop my keys...and guess what? Yes, I wake up. This is how I have been sleeping for the past 3 weeks and am alive and intellectually functioning. Oh,yes...I do cheat and my trick is caffeine powder; I usually take 2 teaspoons of it every day - dose not recommended to anyone.

Two most precious assets in my life are Freedom and Time. Thus, I do my best to preserve them to my best ability.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
I don't really sleep. I prefer power-naps instead. I hold my keys in a hand and slowly drift into a state of relaxation, once I start drifting into a sleeping phase - I drop my keys...and guess what? Yes, I wake up. This is how I have been sleeping for the past 3 weeks and am alive and intellectually functioning. Oh,yes...I do cheat and my trick is caffeine powder; I usually take 2 teaspoons of it every day - dose not recommended to anyone.

Two most precious assets in my life are Freedom and Time. Thus, I do my best to preserve them to my best ability.
I am sorry, but I could not help laugh for some reason when I read this. I know we are all striving to be high performers here, but you might be overdoing it.
If it works please go on I am not judging, just beware of health issues in the future.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I am sorry, but I could not help laugh for some reason when I read this. I know we are all striving to be high performers here, but you might be overdoing it.
If it works please go on I am not judging, just beware of health issues in the future.
I understand your concern and I am not here to prove anything. I share my experiences and it's your choice how you react to them. Have a nice day!

theferrariboy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
503%
Oct 25, 2014
It seems that if I want to get my most important work done, it must be in the morning before anybody else is awake.

OR After everyone else goes to sleep! ;-)

I get up around Noon to 1pm and go to bed around 3:30am to 5am every night!

I don't really work much anymore.

The Beast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 23, 2016
I get up everyday, even on weekends at 5:20 AM and work out. To me it's a discipline whether it's nice out, snowy or rainy. I don't think about anything like "ohhh I'm so tired" or "ugh it's so dark out" because that just makes it worse. I prepare everything I need the night before including clothes I leave right beside my bed and I'm out of my house in about 8 min. After that, I work all day, then sometimes go to the gym again then home to do more work. Ohh and I eat all day too :)

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
I get up everyday, even on weekends at 5:20 AM and work out. To me it's a discipline whether it's nice out, snowy or rainy. I don't think about anything like "ohhh I'm so tired" or "ugh it's so dark out" because that just makes it worse. I prepare everything I need the night before including clothes I leave right beside my bed and I'm out of my house in about 8 min. After that, I work all day, then sometimes go to the gym again then home to do more work. Ohh and I eat all day too :)

Wow, absolute beast! (Excuse the pun)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I have never been a morning person...the earliest I've manage to wake up with any consistency is 6:30 am.

I haven't had to wake up to an alarm in over 2 years. I generally wake up between 8am to 9am, sometimes earlier if I want a morning surf. I go to bed around 11pm to 2am.

This life has really spoiled me, and I wouldn't change it for anything, but it would be nice to be able to get some consistency - hopping major time zones can screw with your internal clock.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Watch out with that stuff, I read some kid OD'd on it. Yes, I didn't think it was possible, but apparently too much of the white stuff can cause cardiac arrest. Which apparently isn't a lot of make it happen.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Ya it gets confusing because time doesn't exist in the world I live in.
Or does it exist at all ? ( Twilight Zone music plays ). :wideyed:

So...up at 5:30-5:45. Bed at 9:30. I almost never wake to my alarm but I set it 'just in case'. Like @Vigilante , I can tell myself to wake at a certain time and I do. Also, when I meditate, I tell myself to stop after so many minutes and I do.

Like @MJ DeMarco I read and practice the Miracle Morning. My routine is not the same as the author's, but it has improved my live overall.

For me... exercise, diet, quality sleep, and meditation keep me on my A Game.

. Ohh and I eat all day too :)
LOL...yea...I eat every 2 hrs. Hope I'm not the only one eating during the Meetup lectures.

Smoothsailor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Mar 21, 2016
New York
Good points. I'm going to try this for next 7 days, sleep from 8:30pm to 3:30am. Will report back if I fall asleep standing up somewhere.
73KFawo.png
So did you try this? How was it?

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Good points. I'm going to try this for next 7 days, sleep from 8:30pm to 3:30am. Will report back if I fall asleep standing up somewhere.
73KFawo.png

Good morning folks

Been waking up at 4:45 ever since I saw @Kingmaker's recommendation for this app :)

This was something that was so hard for me to do before, and that is an understatement

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
So did you try this? How was it?
Yes, still doing it. Wake up at 3:30am, work on my goals for 3 solid hours, hit the gym, then go to day job at 8:00am feeling satisfied that even if I get distracted later in the day I already got my important stuff done.

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
As late as i possibly can. Im a nightowl. Theres no point trying to artificially alter your natural productivity because other people like to be up early. There is no right time for anyone its when you naturally feel productive. I was dating a girl who even after 4 hours sleep would be up at 7am jumping around energetic while i was a zombie .. Come night time im alive and shes the opposite. So each to their own. Whatever works for you

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
If I go to bed at 12 or before I wake at 5 am, if I'm up doing stuff till 1 I'll give my self till 5.30 or 6. Weekends I wake up when my child wakes up between 7 and 8

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Yes, still doing it. Wake up at 3:30am, work on my goals for 3 solid hours, hit the gym, then go to day job at 8:00am feeling satisfied that even if I get distracted later in the day I already got my important stuff done.

Wow! What time do you go to bed?

I'm a lazy sloth compared to you, up at 5, meditate and exercise till 5.40, then 2 hours working on my goals, then day job.

Smoothsailor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Mar 21, 2016
New York

Respect to that determination, sounds really solid!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.