The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you guys choose your penny stocks ?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I left it open because you guys enjoy the conversation, and for the most part, it remains civilized and, like it or not, the technology is disruptive (which is Fastlane itself.) I will keep it open and you are free to continue as you please.

Thanks for clearing the air on that MJ.

If it all goes wrong and the tech gets driven out or dies, at least we can all have a good laugh about it and say "WTF were we thinking?" lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
I left it open because you guys enjoy the conversation, and for the most part, it remains civilized and, like it or not, the technology is disruptive (which is Fastlane itself.) I will keep it open and you are free to continue as you please.

Aren't you just validating what I just said though in somewhat of a semi-circualr way? The guys here "living the dream" have nothing to do with this shit. I don't wake up thinking about what penny stocks to buy. Vigilante doesn't wake up thinking about penny stocks. Biophase doesn't wake up looking at the latest stock selling for .21 cents. zen******* might have something to do with a penny stock because he probably underwrote the offering -- he's selling, not buying. That's why there are better forums for this -- we are too busy building our own empires instead of throwing the dice at someone else's.

------------------------------

Well on those forums you don't get any useful advice. At the very least on here we can warn people about the pitfalls of being involved in penny stocks for the wrong reasons because the reality is there are many people that are searching for a get rich quick scheme even though real trading is so far from this. I personally do wake up thinking about which stocks will make me money because I earn a significant portion of my income from the stock market, but every person who doesn't live and breath the stock market has no business being involved in timing the market unless they are willing to hand their money over to somebody like me.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I network with a lot of successful entrepreneurs, a lot of these guys are triple digit millionaires for crying out loud. And not one did it by trading stocks or by affiliate marketing.

But one theme that comes up over and over again is: PRIVATE markets. After cashing out of their primary businesses a lot of these guys pursue private equity. Why? I'll let you figure it out.

Seriously look at all the benefits that a Fastlane product or service gives the entrepreneur; control , leverage, power. It literally makes me laugh out loud that you guys want to even consider trading penny stocks.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk but i'm saying this because you will be missing out on what MJ was trying to say in TMF .

Guys, you can start a fastlane product or service business for little to no money and cash out at $5million dollars in 5 years. It's more about hard work and critical thinking.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Guys, you can start a fastlane product or service business for little to no money and cash out at $5million dollars in 5 years. It's more about hard work and brains.

Are you kidding me? 5 years is way too long and way too much work! I want to be rich in 6 months without doing much work... or even much thinking. o_O

All kidding aside, I can't even take seriously those that pursue penny stock investing, cryptocurrency and the like as their main source of "revenue" (flame on:p). I see no value add, no problems being solved, etc.

There are a lot better ways of building up initial capital without all that risk (hustling and poker would be my first options :cool:). However, I think the intent of the OP here is not to build up capital for a project but to find a way to get rich quick. If you have the time (likely years not 5 months), dedication, determination and lots of disposable income to learn it more power to ya.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
The same way the american government chooses which banks to bail out;

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Are you kidding me? 5 years is way too long and way too much work! I want to be rich in 6 months without doing much work... or even much thinking. o_O

All kidding aside, I can't even take seriously those that pursue penny stock investing, cryptocurrency and the like as their main source of "revenue" (flame on:p). I see no value add, no problems being solved, etc.

There are a lot better ways of building up initial capital without all that risk (hustling and poker would be my first options :cool:). However, I think the intent of the OP here is not to build up capital for a project but to find a way to get rich quick. If you have the time (likely years not 5 months), dedication, determination and lots of disposable income to learn it more power to ya.

I dont mess around with crypto but bitcoin was actually solving somewhat of a "problem" I cant remember all the stuff behind it but some of my associates would use bitcoins to buy steroids online through a website that couldnt be accessed through a browser. The government has since shut down the site though. Me on the other hand I rather use my money on my own start ups.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I understand the premise that crypto solves the "problem" of having our monetary system so influenced by the government but the act of trading for the sake of "getting rich" provides no value as I see it.

Who makes the most money right now in this new tech industry? The people who got in early? The people at the top or the bottom? The people creating news? The people taking advantage of the money chasers rushing in to day-trade crypto/bitcoin/whatever? The people creating the tools, software, courses, books, picks and shovels?

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I understand the premise that crypto solves the "problem" of having our monetary system so influenced by the government but the act of trading for the sake of "getting rich" provides no value as I see it.

Who makes the most money right now in this new tech industry? The people who got in early? The people at the top or the bottom? The people creating news? The people taking advantage of the money chasers rushing in to day-trade crypto/bitcoin/whatever? The people creating the tools, software, courses, books, picks and shovels?

I honestly have no idea lol. That is one of the reasons I dont mess around with bitcoins, its because i have no idea. It would have been nice to have bought in at 10 cents a coin and then sold them all at 600$ a piece though. That time has long passed though.

D

DeletedUser9

Theres got to be a bit of truth to this

Another scene in the movie he says a majority of the wealthiest 1% of americans are made either through hard work, inheritance or what he does stock and real estate speculation.

ArthurDayne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 22, 2014
Hong Kong
If I ever get into it I am not holding for a week. Probably just a day to get guaranteed gains and get out.

This is the funniest thing I've read on TMF forums so far - oh, just to get guaranteed gains? Got it. Gosh, what a clever strategy.

@MJ: The entire investing forum has confused me a lot. People are trying to get rich quick with no effort trading options and forex, whereas I believe you set up this section to talk about investing your wealth once it's been generated into vehicles that give you income - as opposed to trying to build wealth through paper assets, which isn't what the book is about. Since your approach to paper assets is as a vehicle for income, I'm surprised this entire section is about short term trading and making a quick buck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.