The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Do I Outsource SEO?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

bumble_bee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 14, 2019
Hello Ladies and Gents

I am looking for advice on outsourcing SEO

This will let me focus more on client acquisition, scaling up & steering the ship

I run a niche web design & digital agency for the legal industry. I launched it 2 weeks ago and signed up my first clients on Friday. They are paying for a new website, monthly support & monthly SEO services. More clients will be signed up this week. It's growing quite fast, possibly because I have a law degree and connections in this niche.

Each client expects the following
* 14 hours of work per month
* Monthly progress reports
* Backlink building

I can provide more specific info upon request. Generally, there are specific keywords for each client. They want to improve their rankings so they can increase leads.

I'm looking for advice on how to find the right people, where to find them, what to be careful of, tips, tricks, advice etc.

I will keep a close eye on everyone who works for me.

General qualities that I am looking for:
* Integrity, honesty, consistency & great work ethic
* Someone who is invested in the success of this business. There's plenty of work on the horizon for people who do right by me and my clients.
* Experience & expertise

Please shoot through your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

I'm new to the game, but eager to learn.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Four ways:

1. Do it yourself (time consuming, you might not know how to do it)
  2. Hire someone in Australia to do it (will eat up most of your revenue)
  3. Hire someone in the Philippines to do it (cheap and good workers, but might not be good for writing content)
  4. Use a white label service (less revenue for you, but they do all of the work allowing you to focus on sales)

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
SEO is one of those industries that has A LOT of scumbags in it so what you should try to find is a local agency or freelancers that will take on the work. Don't try to go overseas with it or you'll get 2007 era tactics that hurt more than help.

If an SEO agency isn't on the first page of Google, that is NOT a red flag and by no means a testament to skill. I sat down with a local SEO agency owner a few months ago talking tactics, and the ones he used were 80% black hat. Know the difference between black and white hat.

Check out this write up so you know what they should be focusing on initially Local SEO: A Simple (But Complete) Guide

Eventually, you'll reach a point where your/their efforts aren't improving the number of leads anymore month over month. Switch gears to public relations at that point. That's your backlink building, not some bummy private blog network scheme.

If you're being told you're getting backlinks built, make sure they include that information in a report so you can check out the quality of backlinks. If they refuse, end the relationship.

Again, SEO is one of those industries with a whole lot a scumbaggery because "it takes six months to see any effects", which is true. But six months is enough time to take your money and make a clean getaway when you find out they didn't do anything worthwhile.

bumble_bee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 14, 2019
Four ways:

3. Hire someone in the Philippines to do it (cheap and good workers, but might not be good for writing content)
  4. Use a white label service (less revenue for you, but they do all of the work allowing you to focus on sales)
Thanks!

Can you please recommend a white label agency?

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
If the revenue is high enough you can partner with an agency like mine, but it will cut into profits.

I have no idea where you see your business going but there are a few good agencies out there and after working with them and seeing what they do it wouldn't be too hard to process it out yourself and bring it in house.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
In researching SEO and doing a lot of it, SEO Reseller came up a lot. Not sure if anyone has experience with them but they claim to do only white label work

Mass

It's about time
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Hello Ladies and Gents

This will let me focus more on client acquisition, scaling up & steering the ship

I run a niche web design & digital agency for the legal industry. I launched it 2 weeks ago and signed up my first clients on Friday. They are paying for a new website, monthly support & monthly SEO services. More clients will be signed up this week. It's growing quite fast, possibly because I have a law degree and connections in this niche.

* Backlink building

I can provide more specific info upon request. Generally, there are specific keywords for each client. They want to improve their rankings so they can increase leads.

I'm looking for advice on how to find the right people, where to find them, what to be careful of, tips, tricks, advice etc.

* Someone who is invested in the success of this business. There's plenty of work on the horizon for people who do right by me and my clients.
* Experience & expertise

Drop me a Pm with what your looking for. I'm speaking to a few White Label SEO Companies and will be more than happy to share information.

I'm also doing something similar to you so might be useful for us to bounce ideas off each other and offer honest feedback.

Last edited:

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Thanks!

Can you please recommend a white label agency?

I have no recommendations as I have never used one. Be curious to see what other's say though. It's an interesting idea.

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
Four ways:

To piggy back on this, I can offer you 2 and 3 since we do global recruitment. So if you're looking for part time SEO assistance, go ahead and message me @Brendan Kelso . At the very least, I can answer some questions for you.

DigitalMastery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 27, 2019
Post job offers to sites like up work and then interview them via skype, ask if they have any previous experience etc.

Be clear with what has to be done and make sure they got it. Hire the best (obviously), listen the gut when picking the one.

Last edited:

Dr. Fastlane

Amor Fati!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 20, 2018
Gurgaon
SEO is one of those industries that has A LOT of scumbags in it so what you should try to find is a local agency or freelancers that will take on the work. Don't try to go overseas with it or you'll get 2007 era tactics that hurt more than help.

As much as it pains me to read this, you're correct.

I am an SEO expert from India and I would concur with the above advice. That being said, hiring Indians/Philippinos is good for the bottom line.

I will be starting my own SEO agency soon, if I can get the sales right I think I have a pretty good chance to scale it since human resources are cheap in this part of the world and I can supervise the work in person rather than working with someone remotely.

If you don't know SEO at all, don't bother going with remote workers. If you already have a strategy and process in place, you can outsource to any country. Give them clear cut instructions of what you expect, the standards of quality and a process manual they can follow.

You might have to teach them if they get some things wrong starting out, so it is vital only to start working with people who can work full time for months to come. It makes no sense to train some virtual assistant with your process only to have him quit after a month.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
If you already have a strategy and process in place, you can outsource to any country. Give them clear cut instructions of what you expect, the standards of quality and a process manual they can follow.
This is it.

If you learn SEO yourself and what you want done, you can hire any Joe Shmoe and give him clear cut instructions on how to execute. If you hire someone that does SEO and say "do your SEO magic", you're at their mercy.

Look up Ryan Stewart on how he has set up his entire process in Google Sheets, from onboarding new clients to listing tasks.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJjSuQB0Xb0

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Hello Ladies and Gents

* Backlink building

* Experience & expertise

Find an agency partner and have a referral agreement in place where you collect a commission on every client you refer on a recurring basis.

Jessie Hookie

New Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
How to Outsource SEO
  1. Find a reliable SEO firm
  2. Look at the big picture and not just SEO
  3. Set measurable targets
  4. Agree on an action plan
  5. Monitor progress on a monthly basis
  6. Start with a low budget and expand based on ROI
  7. Try to build in house SEO skills

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.