The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I outsource my shipping???

D

Deleted17784

Greetings Fastlane Forum, I am looking for some ideas here. I have a small ebay business and I ship about 10 packages a week. I want to travel for a few months and keep the shop open. Has anyone here outsourced their shipping? I was thinking of hiring someone I know to keep my inventory and ship packages for an agreed upon rate. How much should I pay them? Also, I wouldn't want to give these people access to my account. Should I just email them a list of all sold items daily? My next option would be find a fulfillment house. Is there any company that will work with my low volume at a decent price? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I need to figure this out quick!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted17784

What about asking your suppliers to dropship?

Good suggestion. The issue with that is I import my products from overseas. They only sell in bulk. I do all my business in the USA so I would need to keep inventory here so I can ship fast.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Amazon could be an option. I dont know the exact cost but you could easily find it out. It would likely be around 5 dollars per item to ship which in my experience is pretty consistent but a lot depends on the weight of your items.

GreenBricks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 4, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I would search online for a fulfillment center. Then just have your stock shipped to them and have them fulfill the orders for you.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If you are shipping out 10 items a week, just have a buddy do it. It's not worth the hassle for a company to hold all of your stuff and ship out 40 items a month. Train a friend to come over and do it one day a week.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Find an independent drop shipping company and arrange something that works best for both of you?
Have your product sent to the drop shipping location from your wholesaler. I know it sounds like a headache but it worked for me..

D

Deleted17784

Thanks everyone I am looking into some of these links here.

If you are shipping out 10 items a week, just have a buddy do it. It's not worth the hassle for a company to hold all of your stuff and ship out 40 items a month. Train a friend to come over and do it one day a week.

This was my initial idea. I have a few people willing to help out. However, I don't want them to have access to my ebay account... Maybe I'll just give it to them. Should I care? Or should I send them an email with all sold items daily? That's a bit of a pain.

Also, I am not sure what I should pay them. I will look into some other fulfillment houses to check prices.

If anyone else has outsourced their shipping let me know how it's going. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
This was my initial idea. I have a few people willing to help out. However, I don't want them to have access to my ebay account... Maybe I'll just give it to them. Should I care? Or should I send them an email with all sold items daily? That's a bit of a pain.

Do they have to ship everyday? I'd say with 10 orders a week they wouldn't have to go out everyday. I think it'd be easier to just send an email once or twice a week to them if you really didn't want to give this person your ebay info rather than set everything up with a fulfillment house imo.

When my friends ecom biz was much smaller and we both were away that's what he did (just let another friend handle things). It worked out great for him.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

If you don't want them to have that access, then it's the wrong person for you. How can you have a company where you don't trust someone that you hire? Train him to login and look at the orders and ship them out. He will need access to manage feedback, shipping questions, etc...

Pay them what you think it's worth for your time. Fulfillment houses will be alot more expensive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.