The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
It would have been easy to let MJ reply to this and say yes or no, instead everyone jumped on him giving him a hard time after he had just taken a positive step.

Would have been better to let JLE get on with it rather than giving him shit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It would have been easy to let MJ reply to this and say yes or no, instead everyone jumped on him giving him a hard time after he had just taken a positive step.

Sorry but when people show their true colors and want to be STEAL other people's time and spit on their help, it's hard to remain cordial. People clearly stated in this thread, that they were responding not necessarily for the OP, but for those who followed behind.

This thread...

View attachment 52187

You all have far more patience than I. I don't try to help those who are beyond help.

6 pages ago. On the money.

Absolutely.

This is why I bailed out weeks ago.

I've been here 15 years and I can spot a lost cause almost instantly. It's like trying to help a heroin addict that you can't begin to help unless some basic foundational things are in place. The forum users here were a threat to the OP's heroin/excuse addiction, hence the introduction of new criteria and new excuses.

Some people are beyond help as they create their own self-engineered obstacles, no matter their circumstances, and no matter WHO or HOW MANY people are willing to help.

Never in my life have I seen the forum come together to help some stranger, only for that stranger to create a new set of dumb reasons why he cannot move forward with that advice.

It makes me terribly sad for the people who tried to help...

Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022

He couldn't take negative feedback and decided to throw the toys out of the pram. People shouldn't feel they have to walk on eggshells when leaving feedback.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Jan 14, 2023
Be a quitter, delete your account, and leave for good -- this thread moves from a JLE thread, to a Guest3104x3 thread and we all discuss the wannabe entrepreneur who had the physique of the Incredible Hulk, but the mental fortitude of Gertrude the Goldfish.
If I were @JLE, not only would I not quit, but I would extend an apology to all offended parties, take a break for a week, work insanely on my business goals or whatever it is he feels will prove us wrong, and come back to display his "balls".

Unfortunately, I am not him and I have no balls/s

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Better why? Do you think the outcome would have been any different?

When Chosen One pulled the same thing, a lot of us were privately offended at his deleting our words.

Why should those kind of comments be private instead of public?

only for that stranger to create a new set of dumb reasons why he cannot move forward with that advice.

This was my experience with JLE in private. I spent weeks literally overcoming every objection he had to starting a business.

I would present a vision that sounded reasonable and doable to him. He would come up with a reason why it was not going to work.

I would adjust the vision to allow for his limited mindset.

We went back and forth for a few weeks.

In the end I presented a business idea that was well within his capability and he had no more reasons to say no.

He knew he had no more reasons to say no.

He still said no.

And stayed his minimum wage security job.

And now he's worried about his job.

Side note, I have a client that runs one of the largest security guard companies in Arizona. Guys that look like JLE get prime jobs. They are so rare and highly valued in that industry.

JLE recently complained he was going to get a worse posting. That says a lot about how he conducts himself at work.

I was obviously wrong about this guy's make up, but the optimist in me won't let it affect how I treat the next person I think is an unpolished gem.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Only 24 hours later .::. And JLE gone?

That’s too bad. I wish people didn’t announce quitting the forum. Or requested their account to be deleted. When I don’t want to talk to forum people, I don’t talk to forum peoples. It’s not about the account being there or not… same with threads. It’s like trying to wipe history. It’s still there. If anything, maybe a good reminder of a “starting point”.

Wishing JLE all the best. Hope to see you one day come back and tell us “yup, I’m stubborn and I am successful now”. That would be awesome.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

He still hasn't hit rock bottom. So, no, he needed his a$$ kicked. In DM's he kept asking me to be real and yell at him like a drill sergeant.

It's exactly like the heroin addict like @MJ DeMarco is saying. His brain sees a threat and will burn the earth to 'protect him'.

This thread is far from lost and the time I invested helped ME greatly. Helped me hone the message. I have like 15 videos to put together for my YT channel that will come directly from this attempt to help someone. @BizyDad and I will have a few drinks together one day and chuckle about this thread and wonder whatever happened to this poor dude's wife and if she managed to escape and find a better life. This is 2023 version of Eric's Cheesecakes.

He'll either turn it around, or he won't. And that is ok. We can't save everyone. And that is ok.

The ones we do save will be on the beach with their wife enjoying the sun as money flows into their bank account while they hang out at the pool. They will come back and help others make the journey.

I'll take a break for a few days ..... then be back for more fun. Any other trainwreck threads I need to get into?

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
@BizyDad and I will have a few drinks together one day and chuckle about this thread and wonder whatever happened to this poor dude's wife and if she managed to escape and find a better life. This is 2023 version of Eric's Cheesecakes.
Am I not there with you both on that day? Btw I don't drink. Soda will suffice.
:cool:

The ones we do save will be on the beach with their wife enjoying the sun
I will be that. Just different version.

Traveling the world and doing spiritual and religious work with my wife.
Helping the needy without worrying about money, freedom etc

So what's next? Shall we hop on my progress thread now ( so shameless of me):rofl::rofl::rofl:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
If you are still around, JLE, and still think you can do IT, I still believe that you will make new account, just hang out here for a month of two.

Take all the advices from this thread and DMs and take step by step like you planned.

After 6 months, with tons of progress and actual money in bank, sitting with your wife on some beach for vacation, create a thread with your success.

I will be happy if you slap us with your success. Frankly.

Good luck to you.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Jan 14, 2023
I'll take a break for a few days ..... then be back for more fun. Any other trainwreck threads I need to get into?
I will start one and tag you as soon as you return.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Better why? Do you think the outcome would have been any different?

When Chosen One pulled the same thing, a lot of us were privately offended at his deleting our words.

Why should those kind of comments be private instead of public?
I completely agree that deleting the comments would have been rude and a waste of everyones time, and I'm in favour of keeping them and letting him deal with it.

I made my point poorly: Having a string of people having a go right after he made a positive step could come across as overwhelming or even intimidating, like having a group of people surround you.

Letting one person say "no the thread stays" would have accomplished the same thing without making him feel defensive.

He had just made a positive change and had a discussion with his wife about the debt he just took on and how he was doing a (albeit positive 180) on it. Dude was probably feeling a bit vulnerable and then felt like he was being attacked for finally doing what everyone had been telling him to do. Quitting the forum is probably the only way he saw out.

In DM's he kept asking me to be real and yell at him like a drill sergeant.
Wow!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
He had just made a positive change and had a discussion with his wife about the debt he just took on and how he was doing a (albeit positive 180) on it. Dude was probably feeling a bit vulnerable and then felt like he was being attacked for finally doing what everyone had been telling him to do. Quitting the forum is probably the only way he saw out.
Let's be clear. He made NO change whatsoever. I don't want anyone coming behind thinking he actually did anything.
Quitting, quitting, checking on some business cards, and then quitting are not positive change.

Admitting he was the problem and giving up his personal bodybuilding for 6 months to do whatever it takes to put money in his wife's life would have been a CHANGE.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
He had just made a positive change

I hear what you are saying. I'm sympathetic to the point of view, and sometimes on these threads I land on the "give the guy some grace" vs other times "give the guy tough love".

Shoot, I've done both in this thread.

If this was truly a positive change, he wouldn't have added this new "I want to use my name so delete this thread" requirement.

That requirement of his has literally nothing to do with his future success.

If he has learned his lessons, this would have never happened.

He is a self-sabotager and when faced with the real prospect of moving forward, he got scared again and did what he does best...

Sabotage.

Like ZCP pointed out earlier, this allows his brain to "save face" because he sees us and MJ as the unreasonable ones.

He made superficial changes, likely damaged his relationship further.

In the four or eight waking hours he had, he could've built a website.

Instead he sabotaged his marriage some more.

In the time he posted here, he could've written some ads.

Instead he sabotaged some more.

But at least those businesses cards he had designed over two years ago are "in process". He hasn't ordered them, but he is thinking about picking which design and how to order them, so his brain can label this "doing something".

Literally nothing but sabotage has been accomplished.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Like ZCP pointed out earlier, this allows his brain to "save face" because he sees us and MJ as the unreasonable ones.
Yep. And I don't think people understand that he CANNOT change. His brain won't let him. That is why it takes rock bottom or a FTE to get them to stop listening to the part of the brain that is trying to 'protect them'. He is in for the fight of his life. Literally.

Which is why I keep coming back into this thread. There are SO many people that cannot unlock their brain and get it out of their way. SO many people that could have amazing lives and produce so much value for the world. But they are locked in that mental prison.

This guy will never be saved. I was in here trying to find a way to help others. It is a debilitating disease.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yep. And I don't think people understand that he CANNOT change. His brain won't let him. That is why it takes rock bottom or a FTE to get them to stop listening to the part of the brain that is trying to 'protect them'. He is in for the fight of his life. Literally.

Which is why I keep coming back into this thread. There are SO many people that cannot unlock their brain and get it out of their way. SO many people that could have amazing lives and produce so much value for the world. But they are locked in that mental prison.

This guy will never be saved. I was in here trying to find a way to help others. It is a debilitating disease.

FWIW, this is where you and I differ. Forgive me if I am taking your comment out of context...

As bad as this thread is, I guarantee I was worse in my early twenties. My hard headedness led to my living in a car for weeks. I was as "unsaveable" as anyone. Plenty tried to help. I'm shocked I still have friends from that time. Shoot, if it isn't obvious based on my postings, I still have a streak of stubbornness that needs improving.

But I turned things around, got married and built a life. And when much of that life collapsed (based on my own poor decisions), I turned around again and built this new life I have.

I don't believe anyone is "unsaveable". There are only those I think I can help, and those who are beyond my ability to help.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, this is what happens when FEAR runs your life...

I don't believe anyone is "unsaveable".

I agree.

However, a heroin addict is unsaveable until the heroin is out of the equation.

In effect, this guy was "Hey, I want to succeed, but I don't want to give up my addiction."

And this morning he shot up.

The door to his mental prison was finally jarred open and what does he do?

He closes the door and blames the wind.

"Delete my account."

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I agree with you 100% @BizyDad . I said that in case he came back and read this thread. I was hoping it would make him mad and he try to prove me wrong. In reality, he has shown a tendency to come back and then message me or you directly and try to get back going. He knows he needs to. Hopefully he mans up and admits he was a tool and gets to work completing his bullshit list so he will then come back and do a real list.

Agree, we all have stages in life. Eventually we mature / have an FTE / etc. and get back on path. Hopefully this thread serves that purpose for future @BizyDad 's rolling through..... all we can do is leave the breadcrumbs and try to help when they come back through ....

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
That dude never made it. Totally quit. BUT I have had several people over the years hit me up with things that thread helped them do. I claim @Ravens_Shadow was forged in that thread. :)

Lol, the butterfly effect. I got Eric to create that thread.

P.S. That's crazy. When he was talking to me on Facebook about his shitty job, I asked him why he couldn't create a business instead.

He had a lot of excuses. I sent him here.

It's almost hard to believe he ended up trying. I think both Eric and JLE want it deep down but have huge self-esteem issues.

BTW, Eric never spoke to me again.

Last edited:

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
This was one goofy ahh thread

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
I'll tell you what. This thread inspires me to be more open with my projects. This level of criticism and variety in feedback is invaluable. Can't believe he ran from it rather than to embrace it. But then again, I do understand why he did. If he had the capacity to withhold emotional reactivity in the face of honest criticism he wouldn't be chasing a minimum-wage job and hiding in the shadows.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Action is what matters. Any movement, even in the wrong direction is awesome.

Stay in place and die.
Love this thread.

@BizyDad even offered to pay for his marketing and he didn’t take advantage of it LMAO

Winners will always find a way to win and losers will always find a way to lose.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Lol, the butterfly effect. I got Eric to create that thread.

P.S. That's crazy. When he was talking to me on Facebook about his shitty job, I asked him why he couldn't create a business instead.

He had a lot of excuses. I sent him here.

It's almost hard to believe he ended up trying. I think both Eric and JLE want it deep down but have huge self-esteem issues.

BTW, Eric never spoke to me again.
So you are to blame ..... lol
He made a GOOD cheesecake. Pity I couldn't get on a subscription.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Winners will always find a way to win and losers will always find a way to lose.
Again, he isn't ready. Might be years from now, like @BizyDad was talking about in his own life.

You are biologically wired at that age to rebel against authority and go out and do it on your own so we can populate the earth. So have to be patient with the teenagers and 20 somethings. Might be a decade before the diamond skulls soften and they are ready to act.

We are just laying breadcrumbs for those that might make the CHANGE sooner.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The cemetery isn't just for dead people, it's for dead dreams that never happened; epic symphonies, inspiring novels, delicious cheesecakes-- all because their owners didn't have the balls to pursue those dreams.

Their fear and excuses castrate them, and then buries them in regret.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I still have a streak of stubbornness that needs improving.

With all due respect, if you think that stubbornness is bad, then you are using it wrongly...

Practice using it to keep yourself on course, rather than using it to keep yourself in the same place. Then it would be a psychological asset rather than a psychological liability.

Once you understand this, then you can reconsider whether it still "needs improving".

If you really don't like stubbornness, then consider what is the opposite? Fickleness or something like that. Do you expect someone to have a lot of success if they are chronically fickle?

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Again, he isn't ready. Might be years from now, like @BizyDad was talking about in his own life.

You are biologically wired at that age to rebel against authority and go out and do it on your own so we can populate the earth. So have to be patient with the teenagers and 20 somethings. Might be a decade before the diamond skulls soften and they are ready to act.

We are just laying breadcrumbs for those that might make the CHANGE sooner.
Nah F*ck that age is just an excuse to wait. He has a whole wife. You’ll be “ready to act” if you really want it.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
So you are to blame ..... lol

Yeah, had a solid relationship with the guy. He's quite old now and is actually very much a warrior and a family man. Fought and beat late stage cancer about 15 years ago.

So it's not like he was a coward. Also, I checked his Facebook and he's still cooking delicious shit and seems to be happy/doing well in life, which is much, much different than JLE's current predicament.

I have a lot of BTS messages with Eric about his thread. In the end, he still thought he just "wasn't one of the fortunate ones" but thanked me immensely for sending him over here as it supposedly gave him a different perspective on life.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Simon Angel can you get me a Christmas cheesecake or no?
You'll have to ship it, of course........ lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Sometimes the truth hurts. There is a common denominator here. The consensus is clearly in. He can be constructive with the truth or he can deny it to his on detriment. Based on my observations here, I don't think any of us are surprised he chose the latter.

R.jpeg

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Jan 14, 2023
Li
The cemetery isn't just for dead people, it's for dead dreams that never happened; epic symphonies, inspiring novels, delicious cheesecakes-- all because their owners didn't have the balls to pursue those dreams.

I guess I better resume work on my novel and start a progress thread about it.

Thanks for this slap to my face.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.